AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-06-26, 22:06   Link #781
Edgardes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
If the anime team does it right, the romance between Kirito and Asuna should be one of the BEST romances portrayed in an adventure-oriented anime. Though in my opinion, it's one of the best romantic relationships, period (no unnecessary drama between multiple love rivals).
I agree with you.
The relationship between the two is one of the best IMO is simple and natural, has no indecision on the part of Kirito and jealousy on the part of Asuna, but the fact of the other characters are behaved and not be throwing themselves on top of MC.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Can someone tell me how was the reunion between Asuna and Kirito at UW?
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 02:26   Link #782
Flere821
Lurker

The LNs are good, but I personally don't like the romance in it. A new girl shows up almost every volume, despite Kazuto is already a couple with Asuna. The romance fluff isn't too bad though, even if there is no progression. And the plot + action of SAO is worth reading too IMO.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 03:26   Link #783
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post

Can someone tell me how was the reunion between Asuna and Kirito at UW?
UW?

Anyway dont take my post too seriously, everything i said is indeed true but relevant only for episode1 and a half done episode 2. I m still very excited towards the anime even if i did some critics.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 03:41   Link #784
CNine
Inactive Member

Kirito VA is
Spoiler for Him:
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 03:41   Link #785
jonald101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
UW?

Anyway dont take my post too seriously, everything i said is indeed true but relevant only for episode1 and a half done episode 2. I m still very excited towards the anime even if i did some critics.
Underworld from ALICIZATION
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 04:57   Link #786
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
The LNs are good, but I personally don't like the romance in it. A new girl shows up almost every volume, despite Kazuto is already a couple with Asuna. The romance fluff isn't too bad though, even if there is no progression. And the plot + action of SAO is worth reading too IMO.
If the girls got together with another guy it would be nice ._.
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 06:12   Link #787
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
If the girls got together with another guy it would be nice ._.
And what are the chances of that happening now?
Old 2012-06-27, 06:35   Link #788
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
And what are the chances of that happening now?
Suguha actually like Recon
sinon like shinkawa kyouji[2nd DG], it's just that she like teasing Kirito to[Calibur arc].
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 07:56   Link #789
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Sugu and sinon still like kazuto. Its recon that liked sugu and kyouji who was obsessed with sinon
Old 2012-06-27, 08:15   Link #790
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
If the anime team does it right, the romance between Kirito and Asuna should be one of the BEST romances portrayed in an adventure-oriented anime. Though in my opinion, it's one of the best romantic relationships, period (no unnecessary drama between multiple love rivals).
I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
But I have a huge sinking suspicion that they'll go the same route as every other story of this type... Completely disregard the original story and add in the harem quadrilateral love relationship with MC.

Just watch, with the series as stretched and filled as this is going to be the supporting characters [that STEPPED DOWN on their own in the novels] will get huge roles and start being front-runners for his affections. Hell, I wouldn't put it past them to add a completely original character to even out the character cliches [a bubbly, overly clingy girl that just fell helplessly in love with Kirito at first sight].

But this is anime and 9/10 times they change that portion[romance] around to turn it into a rom com plot and Harem like situations. I have this huge fear that it'll go this route and completely ruin it, IME. That would be just as bad as stretching the storyline out to fit 26 episodes instead of adding the 3-4 volumes to properly finish the story.
Uhh, by "every other story of this type" do you mean other MMORPG stories with romance? Or just fantasy/sci-fi adventure light novel adaptations..? There hasn’t been many of either. So unless you were being very general, I can't help but feel that your statement is a very baseless one. And wouldn't that be a love polygon rather a harem?

I doubt this will happen. You said it yourself; Kawahara attended almost all of the script meetings, and I seriously doubt he'd let the studio butcher the romance, which is definitely one of the core elements in his story. But hey! You could be right and this could very well happen. I'd be extremely disappointed if it does. Also, I think the first half of the season will cover volumes 1 and 2, and the second half will cover 3 and 4. Or something along those lines, anyway.

Well then, let's hope this will be part of the 1/10 then, because that's all we can really do. Expect the worst; but hope for the best.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 09:37   Link #791
dmaxzero

^ from what anime is Aphrah`s signature?
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 09:54   Link #792
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Uhh, by "every other story of this type" do you mean other MMORPG stories with romance? Or just fantasy/sci-fi adventure light novel adaptations..?
Not just LN Adaptions, but also Manga, Webcomics, VN, Game, and Literature adaptations... They all change portions of the story they feel would be better [but usually aren't].
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 12:21   Link #793
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
^ from what anime is Aphrah`s signature?
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.

Quote:
Not just LN Adaptions, but also Manga, Webcomics, VN, Game, and Literature adaptations... They all change portions of the story they feel would be better [but usually aren't].
Fair enough. I don't see how turning the romance into a love polygon, or even worse, a harem, is changing something for the better, though.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:50   Link #794
firestalker5

Quote:
Fair enough. I don't see how turning the romance into a love polygon, or even worse, a harem, is changing something for the better, though.
Me either, but then again I'm not them... I'll never understand what those guys are thinking.

Here's to hoping it won't be like that.
Old 2012-06-27, 19:03   Link #795
sky black swordman

Do you guys dislike harem Anime's?
Old 2012-06-27, 19:22   Link #796
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Its just SAO's not meant to be a harem
Old 2012-06-27, 19:26   Link #797
firestalker5

Quote:
I have yet to find an enjoyable harem anime... I can't even stand manga, and LN, harems either.
Old 2012-06-27, 19:31   Link #798
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Its just SAO's not meant to be a harem
Thats true but the author has all these others girls too and they all have fallen in love with Kirito?
But Kirito loves Asuna all of ther girls are just going to get hurt.

Quote:
I have yet to find an enjoyable harem anime... I can't even stand manga, and LN, harems either.
Try DxD its great.

And the only true love rival Asuna ever had was Sachi but she died. And they never meet.
At the end of vol 4 Kirito said her name , is there a sense of longing for the past or her?
Old 2012-06-27, 19:37   Link #799
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I despise harem anime, manga, light novels, and visual novels. I feel like it's romance done wrong. But, I did enjoy Highschool DxD because of how it's fairly obvious that a certain girl will win.

As for SAO being a harem, it is in the sense that Kirito has many girls fall in love with him, but it also isn't as Kirito obviously only loves Asuna. The love remains unrequited, and I don't know if all that unrequited love for Kirito can considered a 'harem', or any sort of romance.
Old 2012-06-27, 19:56   Link #800
firestalker5

Way longer then I originally intended...

Quote:
Try DxD its great.

And the only true love rival Asuna ever had was Sachi but she died. And they never meet.
At the end of vol 4 Kirito said her name , is there a sense of longing for the past or her?
I did watch and read a bit of HS DxD.... but I didn't like the MC. He was ridiculous... If I knew him in real life I would have turned the other way and pretended like he didn't exist.

It may be obvious that he'll be with Gremory, but the other girl [Forget her name] kept getting in their way... and the MC didn't exactly try to stop her [or any one for that matter] from doing anything.

Hell he created a technique that blows the clothes off of females, underwear in all. And he was proud of it like it was the most awesome thing in the world. Not my idea of a guy I want to be known as a friend to... He may be nice, but that's about all that's going for him.

I don't know why girls in harems go for the useless, perverted, and/or terrible guy.

Quote:
I despise harem anime, manga, light novels, and visual novels. I feel like it's romance done wrong. But, I did enjoy Highschool DxD because of how it's fairly obvious that a certain girl will win.

As for SAO being a harem, it is in the sense that Kirito has many girls fall in love with him, but it also isn't as Kirito obviously only loves Asuna. The love remains unrequited, and I don't know if all that unrequited love for Kirito can considered a 'harem', or any sort of romance.
I agree with you on harems... The thing about harems is most of the time the girl is set but the other girls always force themselves on to the MC. This causes misunderstandings, perverted situations, and most often and annoying is physical harm to the MC in the form of the jealous MF beating the ever living crap out of him.

The reason I don't think of SAO as a harem is because there is none of that in it. It's actually fairly close to a real life romance would be [outside of the setting]. Even in RL there are incidents where a third person will fall in love with an attached/married person. Nothing wrong with that... Unless they act on that feeling.

This is something the other girls that like Kirito DON'T do... Hell, Liz consciously stepped down as soon as she figured out that Asuna likes Kirito. They created the month long truce to let them have some time together, but regretted it because they knew that it'll leave them completely out.

Not once did any of the girls try to make a move on Kirito while KNOWING that he loved Asuna. They respected them both and themselves enough to step down graciously. The feelings are still there, but they learned to live with them.

Who knows they might very well find their own love like Kirito and Asuna have.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality