Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-31, 17:22   Link #1
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Send a message via MSN to zSolaris
ROSE Online (Now F2P!)

So ROSE went free to play not too long ago (I just found out yesterday XD) after being a P2P game for about four years. Being a player who got hooked during the multiple Beta tests and the Alpha test of the game, I am rather pleased that I can play it again without having to break my "no P2P" game rule.

For those of you who haven't played ROSE before, it's made by Gravity (the same guys who made Ragnarok) and is one of those kinda-cutesy Korean MMO's. The name, which means Rush On Seven Episodes, refers to the seven part main quest that occur on the seven different planets (one for each planet, go figure). Now, you probably won't spend a lot of time on the main quest since it doesn't actually dominate the game play but it is a necessity in order to get through to the other planets (I believe only three have been released on the North American/International ROSE server though they may have cut the third one, not sure).

The grind isn't that bad especially since it is accompanied by a plethora of quests and numerous training zones for each level range.

If anyone does play/chooses to play, add me sometime. MarquisSolaris (I'm still level 8 so yeah...xD).

(www.roseonlinegame.com)
zSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:55   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, just noticed it.... will probably download tonight and take a look over the next week.
Old 2008-08-31, 19:39   Link #3
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yeah, just noticed it.... will probably download tonight and take a look over the next week.
Seeing as how I generally have a gaming attention span of maybe two weeks, the fact that I've been hooked on this game for over four years (official and private servers) means you might want to be a bit careful when you do. :v
Old 2008-09-01, 01:55   Link #4
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I heard the creators stopped updating this game .
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 08:23   Link #5
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
I heard the creators stopped updating this game .
Tiggersoft no longer updates it. Gravity Corp. does. However, the two currently active versions, jROSE and naROSE no longer follow the same story line/updates.
Old 2008-09-01, 11:58   Link #6
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I'll try this sometime. I know I thought about it a long time ago but it was P2P... It'll have to wait though as I need to find that thermal... Whatever to put back on my processor and heat sink. It all came off and my computer shuts down when it tries to run games
Old 2008-09-01, 12:28   Link #7
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
I've been following the game for some time, but I'm a bit reluctant to pick it up again right away. As a gamer I have a hard time constraining myself from addicting games, and well, I want to go outside every now and then.
Old 2008-09-01, 17:34   Link #8
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceon View Post
I've been following the game for some time, but I'm a bit reluctant to pick it up again right away. As a gamer I have a hard time constraining myself from addicting games, and well, I want to go outside every now and then.
Part of the addictiveness (whoa..that's a word? o.O) comes from a not-completely-idiotic memberbase which is so hard to find nowadays in games.
Old 2008-09-02, 01:58   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmm, I am having no luck whatsoever downloading the game client from their website either the .exe or the .zip or the .torrent file.
The first two use ASP to bring up an ftp file and the ftp server times out without responding. The torrent link just fails.

I'm logged into the website. Sooooooooo is there another location for the game client?

edit: finally found a functioning file server site (games.on.net) from which I got the client. Dunno whats up with the "official" site's client download page links.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-09-02 at 07:12.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 15:24   Link #10
Lebron
I hear voices

I was hooked on this game like crazy during the Beta's, but they kept changing too much crap and pissed me off. I may give it a go again though when I have some free time since it's free.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 15:28   Link #11
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Ill join u and play i love rose i did play on aurarose a free serv still got on my comp and what server u on? except cant get a working dl x.x

Last edited by nines; 2008-09-02 at 15:42.
nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:24   Link #12
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Ill join u and play i love rose i did play on aurarose a free serv still got on my comp and what server u on? except cant get a working dl x.x
Only one server. Try to Torrent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
I was hooked on this game like crazy during the Beta's, but they kept changing too much crap and pissed me off. I may give it a go again though when I have some free time since it's free.
There is a lot different from Beta. Adventurer's Plain and Beginner's Island have been merged into one big map, some monster spawns have changed, new UI, and new Skill Level UP system.
Old 2008-09-03, 00:17   Link #13
nines
I much prefer the 2d

kool i have the game downlaoded and updated now i just get this when i try to enter a server

---------------------------
GameGuard Error
Hacking Tool is Found!: 20
OK

lol >_>
Old 2008-09-03, 20:56   Link #14
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Quote:
kool i have the game downlaoded and updated now i just get this when i try to enter a server

GameGuard Error
Hacking Tool is Found!: 20
OK

lol >_>
What programs do you have running in the background? GameGuard finds all kinds of things to be hacking tools. >.>
Old 2008-09-03, 21:49   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll have to read up on Gameguard.

I found a working source for the client from games.on.net. I've reported the website client download problems to the staff. In the meantime,
http://games.on.net/filelist.php?app=1713&menu=16

Once I got it installed, I ran into problems with NPC dialog --- discovered that under Vista the game needs to run as Administrator (find the game executable and adjust it's properties to Run As Administrator). Is that a Vista idiocy or an unreasonable game requirement? Meh....

The game itself in terms of art and interface is pretty impressive for a F2P. Like ASDAstory, the feel is kind of halfway between DOMO and Dungeon Runners.

Disappointment -- the faces of your characters are fixed, so facial expression is frozen and doesn't reflect the emotes. DOMO handles emotes quite hilariously with classical emotey facial expressions in contrast.

However, looks like a good start so I'll be splitting my playtest between ROSE, ASDA, and continuing with DOMO for now. I've dropped all my commercial accounts (Age of Conan, WoW).

My MMO background in reverse chronology (and some loopbacks):
->Age of Conan, Pirates of the Burning Sea, WoW, Neocron, Shadowbane, Camelot, Everquest, and even a MUD or two).

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-09-03 at 22:35.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 21:52   Link #16
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I got nothing running in my backround ive done what a bunch of gms told me to do still hates me, i run as admin did a spyware check and delete reinstalled close everthing off, some other person with vista home premium has same problem also x.x, its just like graaaah x.x
Old 2008-09-03, 22:38   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I've only got Vista Basic. I only wanted the 64 bit-ness and my OEM supplier price for that Vista was $98 (versus $150 for XP Pro 64 bit). This box is only used for games. So in my case, making sure compatibility mode was OFF, game run as ADMIN was enough.

Yeah,there's so much crap running in Vista Premium this could take some excavation.
Heading to the Gameguard website now to see if they've got clues.

Not a good game plan for Gameguard if it is mistaking Vista processes for evil... or wait, maybe that's what it is...
Old 2008-09-04, 06:18   Link #18
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Quote:
I'll have to read up on Gameguard.

I found a working source for the client from games.on.net. I've reported the website client download problems to the staff. In the meantime,
http://games.on.net/filelist.php?app=1713&menu=16

Once I got it installed, I ran into problems with NPC dialog --- discovered that under Vista the game needs to run as Administrator (find the game executable and adjust it's properties to Run As Administrator). Is that a Vista idiocy or an unreasonable game requirement? Meh....

The game itself in terms of art and interface is pretty impressive for a F2P. Like ASDAstory, the feel is kind of halfway between DOMO and Dungeon Runners.

Disappointment -- the faces of your characters are fixed, so facial expression is frozen and doesn't reflect the emotes. DOMO handles emotes quite hilariously with classical emotey facial expressions in contrast.

However, looks like a good start so I'll be splitting my playtest between ROSE, ASDA, and continuing with DOMO for now. I've dropped all my commercial accounts (Age of Conan, WoW).

->Age of Conan, Pirates of the Burning Sea, WoW, Neocron, Shadowbane, Camelot, Everquest, and even a MUD or two).
Well, I think it might have to do with Vista 64-bit. I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit and I have had absolutely no problem running the game nor do I have to run it in administrator mode (especially since my Vista doesn't seem to want to let me ever do that).

Quote:
I got nothing running in my backround ive done what a bunch of gms told me to do still hates me, i run as admin did a spyware check and delete reinstalled close everthing off, some other person with vista home premium has same problem also x.x, its just like graaaah x.x
What firewall/antivirus are you using?

Quote:
Hmmm, I've only got Vista Basic. I only wanted the 64 bit-ness and my OEM supplier price for that Vista was $98 (versus $150 for XP Pro 64 bit). This box is only used for games. So in my case, making sure compatibility mode was OFF, game run as ADMIN was enough.

Yeah,there's so much crap running in Vista Premium this could take some excavation.
Heading to the Gameguard website now to see if they've got clues.

Not a good game plan for Gameguard if it is mistaking Vista processes for evil... or wait, maybe that's what it is...
Again, might be a 64-bit version thing.
Old 2008-09-04, 07:53   Link #19
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:

If the moon crash into Mars and causes the Sun to froze, bet your money it's MS Vista's fault! If i could find the time, i roll back my damn laptop to XP again.

Also a WoW + DAoC ex-junkie here
Havent found any worthwhile F2P mmo so far but i m looking forward to Runes of Magic beta.
Old 2008-09-04, 09:19   Link #20
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Sweet! I've been playing this one when Open Beta looong ago xD

Had to transfer to R.O.S.E. PH server and it got closed again