AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-08, 00:32   Link #161
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
I'm not that well versed on deaths and dying and such but a person doesn't exactly die right off the bat does he? I remember in Green Mile where the guy says there's still time to save the mouse (Right after it got crushed), etc. Perhaps Asa just simply healed him right before the death.
I don't think anyone died. If someone did die, we should have gotten an explanation for the events that took place immediately afterwards. I think the spoilers said someone died, people believed them, and the spoilers were just wrong. I think someone passed out.
Old 2006-01-08, 16:09   Link #162
Cueil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Except that Primula is pretty clearly at ramming speed straight for Rin (damn the other girls full speed ahead).... actually I find the implied Sia/Kaede connection more amusing in the notion that Rin is to blame for driving them together. And yes, I"m just being silly til I see the ep. I've decided to skip the raw and just wait for the fansubs .... bandwidth decision (downloading Lamune at the moment).

Hairgrowth: In Kamichu, the lead character's hair also gets insanely long when she uses magic. There are historically feminine traits to magic such that long hair associated with magic use kind of go together. You can probably write all sorts of ridiculous academic papers on the connections. For the purposes of the anime..... Asa's human body probably reacts to magic in that particular way. Note the demons just get funny eyes when they use magic.
Lamune is awsome and I think the K/S thing was fanservice MAXed out
Old 2006-01-08, 17:45   Link #163
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've seen the first six eps of Lamune now... and despite the "iffy animation" the art is decent and the story (or nonstory ) is just flipping perfect. Its too bad that they didn't use Kamichu level animation on this --- it would blow everything else away (imo).
yeah, K/S was fanservice ... but one that actually made a bit of sense.
Old 2006-01-08, 19:05   Link #164
mye
Myelements

Send a message via AIM to mye Send a message via MSN to mye Send a message via Yahoo to mye
I seriously can't wait for the release of the final episode. I have a feeling it's going to be unpredictable.
Old 2006-01-08, 19:09   Link #165
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
no it's not....
Old 2006-01-08, 19:32   Link #166
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mye
I seriously can't wait for the release of the final episode. I have a feeling it's going to be unpredictable.
mye, don't know if you're the guy or girl in that avatar, but nice looking couple.

If you meant Lamune... all 12 episodes have been broadcast.... only 6 more remain to be subbed... hopefully no one will spoil the ending for you (I kind of know the ending but am avoiding the details).

If you meant Shuffle! .. the last episode was broadcast last Thursday and the raw is "out there on the Internet". So people who watch the raws have seen and are discussing the ep... and you probably should avoid threads that discuss the ep.
The subbed version should be out in a week or so (at least by AnimeU).

That episode was less unpredictable that some of us hoped.... and despite the end that seems to be "final" ... leaves it fairly open in the typical harem anime sense. Not conclusive enough...
Old 2006-01-08, 20:08   Link #167
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
no it's not....
Only if you didn't have the will power to keep yourself from reading many spoilers or you've played the game.

If you aren't in either of those brackets, I think the ending would be quite unpredictable (well, upto episode 22/23ish anyway), but the thing is that a lot of people who watch Shuffle read about or played the game so the ending was never going to be unpredictable.
Old 2006-01-09, 01:38   Link #168
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
Only if you didn't have the will power to keep yourself from reading many spoilers or you've played the game.

If you aren't in either of those brackets, I think the ending would be quite unpredictable (well, upto episode 22/23ish anyway), but the thing is that a lot of people who watch Shuffle read about or played the game so the ending was never going to be unpredictable.
I got spoiled here, although it doesn't bother me as much as it does some people. I watch the raws. I'd seen the raws for Episodes 22 and 23, thought I was openning a spoiler for one of those episodes, and got Episode 24 spoilers instead. Entirely my fault.

It's hard to tell how I would have reacted if I didn't have a pretty good idea of what was to happen. But once the final arc was over, the show still managed to surprise me. The show's creators play to their strengths, and focused on character as opposed to plot.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-09, 03:57   Link #169
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think the scenes I liked the most (staying positive here):
Spoiler:

edit: I'm going to keep using spoilers until the fansub gets some time in the wild... no real good way to handle discussion though without putting (SPOILERS) in the thread title
@crowkenobi: I like your theory about Sia and Kaede's little credit scene ... (and then we'll both get him )

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-09 at 22:34.
Old 2006-01-09, 18:30   Link #170
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I think the scenes I liked the most (staying positive here):
Spoiler:
Do I still have to use spoilers for this?
Spoiler for Kaede and Sia:
Old 2006-01-09, 22:48   Link #171
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
Do I still have to use spoilers for this?
Spoiler for Kaede and Sia:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-09, 23:17   Link #172
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Location: Clashing swords with Cloud, Sephiroth, Riku & Sora.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I got spoiled here, although it doesn't bother me as much as it does some people. I watch the raws. I'd seen the raws for Episodes 22 and 23, thought I was openning a spoiler for one of those episodes, and got Episode 24 spoilers instead. Entirely my fault.

It's hard to tell how I would have reacted if I didn't have a pretty good idea of what was to happen. But once the final arc was over, the show still managed to surprise me. The show's creators play to their strengths, and focused on character as opposed to plot.

Spoiler:
OMG Forbesii moment..GAH!! How I hate not being able to download right now...must have more of FORBESII!!!
Old 2006-01-10, 08:47   Link #173
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
whoa kaede's first? omg.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-10, 09:12   Link #174
Sophia
Queen Bitch

We're about to release 24. Now you can find out if your theories were true.

Oh, and we're including something a little extra. Consider it a parting gift for the last episode. It's not much, but we think you'll like it.
Old 2006-01-10, 10:03   Link #175
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
O_o what would that be?
Old 2006-01-10, 10:18   Link #176
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, apparently Shuffle 24 subs are out, both from AU and Kaze. What's those two extra thingies in Kaze's torrent?
Old 2006-01-10, 10:24   Link #177
user33408

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, apparently Shuffle 24 subs are out, both from AU and Kaze. What's those two extra thingies in Kaze's torrent?
The extra things are the 'Thig Program is presented by...' thing, I think.
(AnimeU has been including them since ep 1)
This ep has an intresting one so it is worth seeing I think.
Old 2006-01-10, 12:00   Link #178
Lenneth
Little Lenneth

Send a message via AIM to Lenneth Send a message via MSN to Lenneth Send a message via Yahoo to Lenneth
Well...that sure was different...I was expecting something like Primula to blow up and everyone die in the end... but didn't happen...
What the heck....it ended just like that

Old 2006-01-10, 12:20   Link #179
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Primula blowing up everything would have been INNOVATIVE. And the writers didn't want that, although they lied about it
Old 2006-01-10, 13:17   Link #180
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

the ending seems to wrap everything up, cept for the whole "misplaced" kiss thing, this is a typical harem ending, i doubt there will be ne more
Closed Thread