Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-06, 01:57   Link #21
EroKing

Old 2014-10-06, 02:07   Link #22
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I've only seen around 5 first episodes but this one is the best so far!

I did get some serious ano hana vibes from this one, considering how there's a supernatural childhood friend with everyone else growing up, the major difference being everyone else forgot about each other.

I do hope they'll be able to maintain this relaxed atmosphere without becoming too boring.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 03:07   Link #23
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay...just re-watched the ep and something caught my attention as a possible story line - I know it is based on very little and we only have one ep to go off of, but I will give it a try.

In essence I think it is possible Noel IS the disc over the lake (or at least a part of it) and that she is an alien technology that is partly sentient.

The flimsy clue? In the scene where Nonoka wakes up in her new home to her clock going off in one of the boxes across the room (Noel is sitting next to the bed on the floor) when Nonoka wakes up a bit she groggily stumbles across the room and says that she should have pulled out the batteries. When she says that Noel begans to pad herself down as if looking for batteries, which hinted to me that she might be a machine of some sort.

It would account for several querries and questions about Noel and her existence as she is as well as about the disc.

Another question though that is not as clear; why were the kids many years ago before Nonoka moved in the observatory and trying to contact a UFO in the first place? Something someone told them? And was there a purpose? Say, for example, Nonoka found out she would have to move because of her mother's poor health and somehow was looking for something miraculous to heal her mother somehow? At the end of pv3, for example, Noel said that she was there to "grant Nonoka her wish".
Old 2014-10-06, 03:54   Link #24
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I'm so sorry flower, but I unconsciously read your post in nyanta-san's voice, complete with a nyaa~ at the end of each sentence

that scene can be chalked up to a loli being cute, but it's obvious that she's connected to the disc, but as an alien or a type of AI we still don't know.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 05:50   Link #25
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I'm so sorry flower, but I unconsciously read your post in nyanta-san's voice, complete with a nyaa~ at the end of each sentence

that scene can be chalked up to a loli being cute, but it's obvious that she's connected to the disc, but as an alien or a type of AI we still don't know.

No problem...others have told me they have done the exact same thing.

Anyways, I guess what the scene opened up to me was the possibility of Noel being a machine, regardless of how complex. That was something I had never considered up to now. Up to now I had only thought of her as an alien, but a definite...erm...organism, somehow.

But come to think of it, with her mentioning things like granting wishes it also raises other questions. First reference point that hopped to mind was Nagato from Suzumiya Haruhi, which was kinda surreal to think of at first, but also raised more questions as to what Noel is capable of?

Of course the supernatural angle is still possibile...but I have not quite made an initial sorting out of possibilities on that angle of things.
Old 2014-10-06, 07:48   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

No problem...others have told me they have done the exact same thing.

Anyways, I guess what the scene opened up to me was the possibility of Noel being a machine, regardless of how complex. That was something I had never considered up to now. Up to now I had only thought of her as an alien, but a definite...erm...organism, somehow.

But come to think of it, with her mentioning things like granting wishes it also raises other questions. First reference point that hopped to mind was Nagato from Suzumiya Haruhi, which was kinda surreal to think of at first, but also raised more questions as to what Noel is capable of?

Of course the supernatural angle is still possible...but I have not quite made an initial sorting out of possibilities on that angle of things.
I can't say I would be surprised. Considering the reaction that...disc had when Nonoka was there it would appear possible that Noel is some kind of machine. Although considering we are talking about an alien existence hard to say what she could be exactly. Maybe some sentient mechanical life, maybe just a kind of artificial body that Noel is using to interact with the surface since perhaps she can't leave that disc or she is that disc, etc.

I presumed she was artificial in some way since it literally looked like she had been waiting in that place for all those years since Nonoka left. There didn't seem to be much in terms of food in there so I guessed she hadn't been eating which did seem to imply being artificial. Though the battery scene was a good one I didn't pay attention to since I just found it comical at the time . Good spotting on that one.

I am curious to see the extent of Noel's wish power. Sure she has the incredible power of being really cute, but haven't seen much else of what she can do .
Old 2014-10-06, 12:29   Link #27
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Okay...just re-watched the ep and something caught my attention as a possible story line - I know it is based on very little and we only have one ep to go off of, but I will give it a try.

In essence I think it is possible Noel IS the disc over the lake (or at least a part of it) and that she is an alien technology that is partly sentient.

The flimsy clue? In the scene where Nonoka wakes up in her new home to her clock going off in one of the boxes across the room (Noel is sitting next to the bed on the floor) when Nonoka wakes up a bit she groggily stumbles across the room and says that she should have pulled out the batteries. When she says that Noel begans to pad herself down as if looking for batteries, which hinted to me that she might be a machine of some sort.

It would account for several querries and questions about Noel and her existence as she is as well as about the disc.

Another question though that is not as clear; why were the kids many years ago before Nonoka moved in the observatory and trying to contact a UFO in the first place? Something someone told them? And was there a purpose? Say, for example, Nonoka found out she would have to move because of her mother's poor health and somehow was looking for something miraculous to heal her mother somehow? At the end of pv3, for example, Noel said that she was there to "grant Nonoka her wish".
This is an interesting theory and from the looks of things, I am indeed expecting things to go somehow along this route so I'm curious. But I have to say that this show's first episode has managed to get me really excited.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 14:26   Link #28
Marina2

Quote:
Okay...let me put in some thought

UFO thing on the sky didn't exist in the flashback ( I don't think it was hidden behind the cloud.) ,so I don't think the kids were trying to contact it back then. UFO seems to appear on the sky after Nonoka moved out from town. I think it probably made by Noel or related to Noel in some ways.

Also, look like only Nonoka knows Noel while her friends don't. This is strange because if Noel is usually at the observatory, Nonoka's friends should have met her at some points. It is possible that only Nonoka can see Noel.

Another theory I can think is: Noel we see in ep.1 is a spirit of the Noel that died years ago because she fell asleep in the observatory (as show in one flashback) and freezed to dead while waiting for Nonoka. (Sad story indeed...)
Old 2014-10-06, 16:37   Link #29
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

Another theory I can think is: Noel we see in ep.1 is a spirit of the Noel that died years ago because she fell asleep in the observatory (as show in one flashback) and freezed to dead while waiting for Nonoka. (Sad story indeed...)
Now you just triggered my Kanon flashbacks
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 20:47   Link #30
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Interesting anime and premise. So it's about a girl who left that one particular town, moved back, and there's plenty of things she's forgotten but is on the verge of remembering what they are. I'm really liking the chemistry between Noel and Nonoka since it's like a mix of an older to younger sister meets a reunion of old pals. That old observation scene obviously holds special memories for them and the other characters who have yet to come into contact with Nonoka - whom she has met in the past but has forgotten but on the verge of remembering.

I'm also intrigued by that disc like saucer that's floating above the town. I don't know if I've missed it, but it looked to me that most of the populace is unaware that it's above them. It's safe to say that Noel is part of that phenomenon as she did say she wants to grants peoples wishes, making that saucer possibly the apparatus for that goal. Or maybe not? Who knows?

I'll definitely be following this series since I can't wait to see how Nonoka is connected to the other characters in some way, and the circumstances regarding her mother and that object in the sky and its obvious importance.

One thing is for sure. This series will definitely be delivering alot of feels. This looks to be one feels roller coaster I can definitely feel it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Spoiler:
Really cute and pretty. You can totally feel the yuri power of bonds in this one. With that being said excuse me while I steal this.
Old 2014-10-06, 20:56   Link #31
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On a side note I'm impressed by the male friend of that group. Somehow he ended up in this tight little group with 4 other girls (not going to include Noel in there yet since no telling if she actually interacted with the others)
Kids don't care much about gender. They start to do it when they hit puberty. Besides I think one of the girls is his sister.
Old 2014-10-06, 21:10   Link #32
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Kids don't care much about gender. They start to do it when they hit puberty. Besides I think one of the girls is his sister.
Correct...the girl with the stuffed backpack who missed the bus was his sister. The signpost girl for the store is the childhood friend of them both if I remember correctly from the pre-season info trickled out.

In answer to Kirito's positing about the populace being unaware of the saucer, wasn't the saucer on the freeway sign welcoming drivers to the town? I think that everyone is aware of it but they're used to it by now and so ignore it. In the pre-season info it was mentioned that the previously mentioned childhood friend's family runs a store dedicated to "disc souveniers" as well, and that the disc's appearance a few years back put the town on the tourist circuit....
Old 2014-10-06, 21:39   Link #33
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Correct...the girl with the stuffed backpack who missed the bus was his sister. The signpost girl for the store is the childhood friend of them both if I remember correctly from the pre-season info trickled out.

In answer to Kirito's positing about the populace being unaware of the saucer, wasn't the saucer on the freeway sign welcoming drivers to the town? I think that everyone is aware of it but they're used to it by now and so ignore it. In the pre-season info it was mentioned that the previously mentioned childhood friend's family runs a store dedicated to "disc souveniers" as well, and that the disc's appearance a few years back put the town on the tourist circuit....
The sister thing is good to know.

And yes, they mentioned that lots of different people were coming to the store in order to see the strange phenomenon in the town; so I believe that they are aware of it, they just kind of ignore it or treat it as normal by now.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 01:16   Link #34
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
The first episode was ok, but this seems like this season's Ano Hana, NagiAsu, Ano Natsu, Key etc. That is, teen drama romance thingamabob with tragic moe girls. I'm pretty over this kind of anime, particularly ones with excessively cute/moe designs like this one so I'll keep this was on hold until later episodes come in. Still waiting on Your Lie in April to give me my drama dose...

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2014-10-07 at 02:01.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 06:23   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
The first episode was ok, but this seems like this season's Ano Hana, NagiAsu, Ano Natsu, Key etc. That is, teen drama romance thingamabob with tragic moe girls. I'm pretty over this kind of anime, particularly ones with excessively cute/moe designs like this one so I'll keep this was on hold until later episodes come in. Still waiting on Your Lie in April to give me my drama dose...
Hisaya matters - he does this sort of thing better than just about anybody. I'd give it a bit more of a chance to see what the hook is (he's good at hooks).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 06:58   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I wouldn't generalize to that degree. Though the sibling situation here seems possible with those two.
Old 2014-10-07, 07:02   Link #37
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hisaya matters - he does this sort of thing better than just about anybody. I'd give it a bit more of a chance to see what the hook is (he's good at hooks).
Both Kanon and Sola were a long time ago (and even then I only liked Sola) so unfortunately I can't give him the benefit of the doubt.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 07:42   Link #38
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
why is it in some parts the characters eyes look like they have permanent Yandere mode, or being soulless dead, or SEED Mode for you Gundam ota's
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 13:36   Link #39
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-29 at 06:24.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 14:21   Link #40
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Whoa.

That is an absolutely lovely pic there!

Thanks EroKing.

Immediately saving to hard drive.

Tags
drama, fantasy, school