Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-10, 04:14   Link #381
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well with all that medical technology that they have (Violet's arms is a stunning example) it would be a little unreasonable for him to be dead. He just needed to get medical attention.

Also, there was no need for that family to take care of Violet to that extent unless Gilbert is alive. The title did not provide us with the alternative for what happens to everyone if they don't help Violet. There is something that's keeping them in line other than their conscience. Violet's surgery is also expensive. Who paid for it? All that points to a benefactor working behind the scenes which could be Gilbert or his grateful family for bringing him back alive.

Violet needs to develop an independent personality and know what love is. Once that is accomplished, then she can see Gilbert. If Gilbert is alive, that is the route I would go.
I wouldn't say it's "unreasonable" for him to be dead after being shot twice and then getting buried alive. If Gilbert got at least as much official medical attention as Violet had, and is currently orchestrating Violet's recovery behind the scenes, it would be extremely unlikely for everybody that Violet encountered during her rampage (the military guy, Gilbert's maid, Claudia) to not know a single thing about it. Unless all of them are very good actors that are lying even to the audience, which would be a pretty extreme plot twist.

The only way I can think of so far to have Gilbert stay alive is for him to get rescued by either the enemy forces, or by the anti-peace faction. The latter feels more likely, and would tie in with their mention in the episode. However, it still feels like a pointless plot twist - I'm stretching for ways to let Gilbert live for the sake of having him live, because seemingly many people here are convinced he is without articulating why, while not seeing much value in it.
Old 2018-03-10, 06:55   Link #382
Kazu-kun

Well, the value would be to give the romance subplot a happy ending. It's not strictly necessary since the focus is Violet's growth as a person, not the romance. But it would be a nice cherry on top. Don't you think?
Old 2018-03-10, 12:57   Link #383
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I'm stretching for ways to let Gilbert live for the sake of having him live, because seemingly many people here are convinced he is without articulating why, while not seeing much value in it.
I think the main reason has already been covered and is fairly self explanatory to anyone familiar with anime (or any storytelling medium in general): No body = not confirmed.

Whether or not there's any value to it is a separate issue.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 15:49   Link #384
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think the main reason has already been covered and is fairly self explanatory to anyone familiar with anime (or any storytelling medium in general): No body = not confirmed.

Whether or not there's any value to it is a separate issue.

Happy endings allow for replaying of a series over and over......

Romantic endings are really good for replay imo. They can even milk it in a special after the series ends. Movie compilation after series ends...events from Gilbert's perspective, etc.
Old 2018-03-10, 16:51   Link #385
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
The easiest explanation would be having a situation similar to what happens in The Little Princess.
Old 2018-03-10, 16:55   Link #386
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Regarding the earlier discussion, I really hope Cattelya will get an episode dedicated to her. We know next to nothing about her. Iris and Erica got their episodes, she needs hers too.
Old 2018-03-11, 17:09   Link #387
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
*Shrugs*

I hope there is, though Netflix have always only shown 10 in the episode list.

Edit: Hmm correction theres now 13... strange it definitely only went as far as 10 before. =E
The total is 14 episodes going by the information on the BD/DVD page of the official website.

Volume 1 / 3 will include three episodes each and volumes 2 / 4 will include four.
Old 2018-03-11, 19:13   Link #388
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I liked the part where Violet was slowly trying to choke herself out. Very powerful scene.

And I still think Gilb's dead.
Remember anime rule, no dead body = not dead
Old 2018-03-12, 14:58   Link #389
Applehell

Nice to see that Violet is starting to steady recover. With how attached she was to Gilbert it's gonna probably (and should) take years to fully come to terms with everything. Unless goes the typical anime route have her emotional burdens all cured with just letter sequence in the last third of the episode.

On Gilbert, frankly I find extremely hard to believe he's alive with the levl of the wounds he sustained. Even Violet surviving was miracle and Gil was even worse shape then she was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Regarding the earlier discussion, I really hope Cattelya will get an episode dedicated to her. We know next to nothing about her. Iris and Erica got their episodes, she needs hers too.
Cluadia's comment about her made suggests she gone through a similar, though perhaps not necessarily in the military. So I'm really interested in her past too.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 22:05   Link #390
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Cluadia's comment about her made suggests she gone through a similar, though perhaps not necessarily in the military. So I'm really interested in her past too.
I did notice that. Definitely interested in her back story. Also, she seems to be at least partly a gypsy (or this world's equivalent), does anyone else get that impression?
Old 2018-03-14, 14:11   Link #391
Roxanne
メンバー

Did anyone notice it? 00:20 - 00:22
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, New visual
Images

Last edited by Roxanne; 2018-03-14 at 14:27. Reason: added new visual
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 19:46   Link #392
rulfo

No actual spoilers but I'll keep in the box just in case since it's partly about the novel. Just some after thought and no details.
Spoiler for Ep 10:

Made me tear up really bad while I was watching this. Even though the animation wasn't as beautiful as the PV, the scene and the execution was still stellar. The lines Violet said to Anne as she was consoling her pushed me over the edge and it started to break me up.

Last edited by rulfo; 2018-03-15 at 01:40.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 19:56   Link #393
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet View Post
Did anyone notice it? 00:20 - 00:22
YouTube

Also, New visual
lmao ef you ef you EF YOU ******** TIME HEALS ALL SORROWS

alright, you got me there. but I'm guessing that's stuff from the LN. The anime differs a lot on the plot and origin of auto memory dolls...so who knows!

Episode 10 was crushing. I should've known the mother was writing to her daughter...not to mention 50 years worth of letters. Man, these kinds of stories ALWAYS get me; but when Violet said at the end how she was fighting back tears that entire week....shit, that must've been tough. I loved this episode ;_;

Last edited by blakstealth; 2018-03-14 at 20:23.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 20:28   Link #394
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

one of my two favorite chapters, and one of the best episodes of emotionally charged anime i've ever watched. you basically have to be heartless to not feel something from this. i'm a huge fan of how they used all the run time in the episode to get the most out of the story. the animation was amazing, the use of music at certain points was great. i love how they showed Violet's emotional development from how she started until this episode with the epilogue. 10/10

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2018-03-14 at 20:44.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 20:54   Link #395
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 10 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 02:14   Link #396
Eater of All
NOM

I figured it out right around when

Spoiler for ep10:

Truly a 10/10 episode.
Old 2018-03-15, 05:00   Link #397
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Episode 10 hit me right in the feels.

Spoiler for ep 10:
Old 2018-03-15, 07:41   Link #398
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Will we be able to face mortality with such defiance? Seeing the mother spend the next seven days preparing fifty years' worth of her love immortalized in yearly letters is a different level of love... that which transcends time and even death itself.

This episode destroyed me, as do episodes involving sons and daughters separated by the mortality of humans, but this made me wonder about the powers of familial love as well.

I feel empty now, and I feel like crying again as my mind wanders off thinking about my departed grandmother and the things she was unable to say as dementia ate into her consciousness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "When I'm Gone" by Eminem
And when I'm gone just carry on don't mourn,
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice, just know that,
I'm lookin' down on you smilin'
And I didn't feel a thing so baby, don't feel no pain, just smile back
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2018-03-15 at 08:19.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 10:35   Link #399
PhoenixRising

This episode had me crying so bad, just like with the lake episode. The last 10 minutes were so emotional that I was reaching for tissues by the end of it, especially with:

Spoiler:
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 10:35   Link #400
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Ended?
Great episode. Great anime.

But I've been curious about several things like :
1. How much does the doll get paid? The job took days and the travel expenses must be a lot, must be very expensive
2. Young women travel great distance alone. Who will take responsibility if bad things happened to them?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote