AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-11-14, 16:05   Link #21
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Atelier games come out every year. So far, the "modern" formula is one trilogy after another. There are olders series but I haven't played them. This is the first one that breaks that pattern and continues the Arland trilogy. Other trilogies are Dusk (my favorite), and Mysterious. If you want to start, pick any trilogy and complete everything in that series first. There are a lot of master (upgraded) editions for this game, especially the earlier ones and there is no reason not to pick the master edition if it exists.
Old 2018-11-15, 01:37   Link #22
The Green One

Lydie and Suelle is the third game in the Mysterious trilogy of the Atelier series. So it will feature returning characters from the previous two games that will have motivations and references that either won't make sense or won't be clear on the significance of. The game would by no means be unplayable but some of the story significance would be lost. If you do choose to look into the prequels the first game is Atelier Sophie, the second is Atelier Firis.

Most of my experience with the trilogies in this series are that the later entries are their own self contained stories, but will be rife with previous references and Easter eggs from the prequel games in the trilogy.

So in short, yes it's ok to start with the later games, but you'll miss out on some stuff.
Old 2018-11-15, 09:22   Link #23
zeross87

thanks guys i'll probably wait for steam winter sales to start the arland or mysterious trilogie then
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 09:34   Link #24
Sacredus

I would rather wait till info about ports quality, since last trilogy was ughhhh...
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 13:52   Link #25
Twi

Weren't a good number of ports on the PSVita?
Old 2018-11-25, 01:23   Link #26
AP24

New trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=PQqbhvfRLkU

Nice to see Rorona at the end. She kinda looks old.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 12:29   Link #27
The Green One

Wow people get older when they age? What a new and groundbreaking concept!
Old 2019-05-23, 00:40   Link #28
zeross87

so i'll be getting the game tomorrow.
since last time i posted i've done the entire mysterious trilogie but i dindn't do any of the arland game so does someones know where i could find a synopsis of the story of the 3 first games ?
Old 2019-05-23, 01:57   Link #29
The Green One

Allow me to simply summarize things. I'll go over them in order.

Atelier Rorona: Rorona and her Alchemy Master Astrid live in city of Arland. One day Rorona is informed because her Master is a lazy slob who doesn't do any work as an Alchemist that the Atelier (their workshop) is being shut down by the kingdom so that a factory can built in it's place and not only will they be homeless but they'll be kicked out of the kingdom. Rorona is told however that if they can complete a series of tasks and pass evaluations that the Atelier can stay open and they will be saved. Astrid however doesn't care and dumps the task on Rorona. The game follows Rorona's efforts to save the Atelier and prove herself as an Alchemist.

Atelier Totori: This is the second game in the Arland Series and picks up the story a few years after Rorona successfully saves her Atelier and becomes a skilled Alchemist and gains fame in the country of Arland. This is the story of Totori, a girl in the village of Alanya at the southern edge of Arland, who through a series of coincidence and happenstance ends up as Rorona's student after she shows interest and aptitude in Alchemy. Rorona is delighted to have her as a student as while Rorona is an exceptional Alchemist, she is absolutely hopeless at teaching and Totori was the only one who even partially understood Rorona's teaching style. Totori lives with her older sister and father, her mother, a famous adventurer, having disappeared years ago and is believed to be dead. Totori is convinced that her mother is alive and dreams of being an Adventurer to go out into the world and search for her. The story follows Totori's trials and tribulations to uncover just what happened to her mother and become a famous Adventurer and Alchemist.

Atelier Meruru: This was the third game in the series which takes place a few years after the conclusion of Atelier Totori. This story takes place in the neighboring small nation of Arls who is making preparations to join the nation of Arland. The story follows Meruru, the bored Princess of Arls who dissatisfaction with the tedium of her duties and castle life ends up meeting the visiting Alchemist Totori who had moved to Arls to assist with the upcoming merger with her Alchemy after her teacher Rorona mysteriously couldn't make it. Meruru becomes fascinated with Alchemy and with some begging/bullying she "persuades" Totori into taking her on as her student. Totori agrees and after some persuasion with her father the King, Meruru is given the task to use Alchemy to develop the nation of Arls and prepare it for the merger with Arland. If she succeeds she'll have the King's blessing to pursue Alchemy as a career path. The story follows Meruru's efforts in this and the people she meets.

This should effectively summarize the games without spoiling anything major beyond the canonical ending of the first game. Does this suffice to answer your question?
Old 2019-05-23, 03:37   Link #30
zeross87

WoW i didn’t expect such a lengthy hand written summary !

Yeah that totally answer my question thanks you so much. Now only to wait tomorrow