AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-09-08, 20:22   Link #81
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Don't Eva already have a sequel?

His and Her Circumstance.

The mother look exactly like how a older Asuka would look. The father could use some work but He could Shinji.
Now there's a scary thought. Well, I guess I'll be waiting for some kind of advance trailer. Or news that Newtype is full of bologna. Or that it's a huge cover-up so Gainax can sell more EVA-related stuff. None of these would surprise me in the least.

Will it be covered in the October NewtypeUSA? If so I may actually have to buy one.
Old 2006-09-08, 22:58   Link #82
eggplant
Eggplant

The premiering dates for the 4 part movie has been announced.

Part One: July '07
Part Two: January '08
Part Three/ Prologue: June '08

Part Three (episodes 25 and 26 from the TV series/movies) and the prologue will be primarily new stories (new alternate ending), and while the parts 1-3 will partly use key animation from the original TV series, the background will be re-shot, and the music will be renewed.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 23:00   Link #83
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines
They did say prequel, mid-series, ending, and sequel movies, right? I'm most interested to learn more about who Ikari Yui was... I mean, she's pretty much a mystery. And the sequel of course, depending on which ending they choose.
Actually, the only one to use that terminology is ANN.

This is what ANS wrote.

Spoiler:

The ICv2 link is in my previous post.

This is the ANS followup on 9/8.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-09, 09:37   Link #84
Lambda

I'm not really sure what to think about all this. For one thing, I've been wishing for some time that GAINAX would go back and do something like Evangelion again. But by that I mean something big, meaningful and new. I don't mean more Evangelion itself, which doesn't score very highly on the "new" scale. But whatever I do think, it makes little difference. There's no way I'm not going to watch, so I may as well just make up my mind once I have done so.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 11:54   Link #85
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Additionally, ANS has learned the 3rd part (Latter Part) (which corresponds to the events of the movies and episodes 25 and 26 of the TV series) and the 4th "Last Program" will be mostly new stories and material. Parts 1-3 will use some key animation sequences from the original TV series, with new backgrounds (settings) and music.

http://www.animenewsservice.com/
LOL

So, that's it? A 45-minute glorified OVA? And the rest is just a recap with new music of all things!

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebranding.

I laugh at the poor fanboys. You have been used before and you are going to be used once again.

"Mostly new material". LOL Rei says "Etoo" instead of "Anoo" and the fans debate the implication, while spilling more and more cash. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 15:32   Link #86
NeonZ

Quote:
"Mostly new material". LOL Rei says "Etoo" instead of "Anoo" and the fans debate the implication, while spilling more and more cash. 8)
They have stated that they'll drop the strange words and phrases in the script and that this won't be like Tomino's Zeta Gundam movies, so, the differences probably will be bigger than that...
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 17:05   Link #87
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yeah. And they've also stated that this will supposedly a "new work". Now it is revealed that 3/4 of it will be just a recap of the old series. So there goes the trust...

It's simply laughable. At least Tsurumaki had the decency of creating a new series with Diebuster, instead of just recaping Top o nerae!.
Old 2006-09-09, 17:55   Link #88
orion

Let's give Evangelion Ultimate a chance.

Rebuild Evangelion 01: 90 min.
Rebuid Evangelion 02: 90 min
Rebuild Evangelion 03-04: 90 min total (45 min each)

They did also say new backgrounds and music along with key sequences from the series in Rebuild Eva 1-3. New material in Rebuild Eva 4. So, maybe he wants to say something else that he couldn't say in the other versions. Sounded like he had some regrets in the earlier article on ANS.
Old 2006-09-09, 18:11   Link #89
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Anno is such a scatterbrain sometimes that this info could become more and more obsolete as the actual release date nears, so don't go whining just yet.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 04:02   Link #90
jtstellar

"They have stated that they'll drop the strange words and phrases in the script and that this won't be like Tomino's Zeta Gundam movies, so, the differences probably will be bigger than that..."

hmm strange words in the original eva script? were there any? i didn't really notice
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 04:39   Link #91
jtstellar

By the way among all these criticisms against eva.. i don't think there's anything wrong to have more and more things under the same animation like this. eva's simply lots of people's favorite anime of all time including myself and i always get lots of feelings when I watch this masterpiece. what does it matter if they want to make more and newer stuff for us to dwell on?
Most people just watch anime for free anyway, we should just be thankful. It is because there are so many complaints that we keep giving pressure to these gifted producers, and by adding in these "fan requests" they're altering their original creativity. it just seems the more they try to "suit" the complainer's tastes, the lower quality of work we get in the end. i've never heard of anything well done because they read some "fans letter" real hard and did something out of it. let's just be quiet and enjoy. Too many people didn't understand the story at first.. and they complain and suspect that eva's just playing with ambiguity.. and they had to make a bunch of ova's to make story clearer.. then they complain about the wording so now they need to make things more understandable? sounds like the idiotic public that elected Bush is at work again.. give us a break pls the general public. Anno was in depression when he made this series? ya well so what.. alot of artist's masterpiece were done in some sort of trance state, when they can express the art of a subject most freely.
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 11:05   Link #92
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
werent there also like live action rumors a few years ago... with pics of the characters from their back in the suits?

what happened to that btw
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:41   Link #93
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
werent there also like live action rumors a few years ago... with pics of the characters from their back in the suits?

what happened to that btw
Look here for more info.
Old 2006-09-28, 17:50   Link #94
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Hopefully not.

10 years ago Shinseiki Evangelion was a great self-therapeutic project for Anno that helped him crawl out of depression, which is the reason why he personally never returned to it anymore.

For Gainax, though, it's just a cash-cow to milk. Evangelion is Gainax's only profitable project ever, so intellectually I can understand why they would continue beating it, but it's nothing I'm looking forward to. Even if it's something like a "Kotetsu no Girlfriend" movie (which would be fun).
Couldnt have said it better Mrprophet i really dont want to have to go through NGE trauma therpy again
Old 2007-02-17, 13:43   Link #95
mooP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Hiroyuki Yamaga, one of the 4 founders of GAiNAX, has gone on the record to say that Evangelion was the only profitable project the studio ever made.

http://www.anime-tourist.com/article.php?sid=299

When something is "really quite popular", it doesn't mean that it will bring you a ton of money. The people who make the most off the animation are the producers who funded the project, the tv station that broadcasted it and the distributor who made the DVDs.

The studio itself gets the royalties and maybe a portion of the profits in some cases, if the studio has played its card smart. The animators themselves make a pittance.

So, only when a monster like Evangelion comes, can a studio literally live off it for many years. FLCL and Honneamise may have been a work of genius, but it doesn't put them in the same league as EVA vis-a-vis popularity.
Well ignoring the fact that the head of the studio went to jail for tax evasion after the whole evangelion craze in the 90s, the interview you posted is from 2002. There has been 6-7 series out by gainax since then. Plus, you cant fuck with gunbuster or karekano :P
mooP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 10:36   Link #96
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Some news... The release of the first movie has been pushed back to September 1st. Gainax put out a "trailer" which shows no footage but worries me nonetheless.

New machine, new characters, new story... My heart wavers.

Also, they changed a couple of the kata characters in the word "Evangelion."

this-
エヴァンゲリオン

to this-
ヱヴァンゲリヲン

we-va-n-ge-ri-wo-n

Last edited by the.Merines; 2007-02-18 at 16:14. Reason: removed dead youtube link
the.Merines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 15:31   Link #97
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Some news... The release of the first movie has been pushed back to September 1st. Gainax put out a "trailer" which shows no footage but worries me nonetheless.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xD8lZfITFdc

New machine, new characters, new story... My heart wavers.

Also, they changed a couple of the kata characters in the word "Evangelion."

this-
エヴァンゲリオン

to this-
ヱヴァンゲリヲン

we-va-n-ge-ri-wo-n
Video is MIA.

New Machine and new story don't worry me much, but new characters? As long as it's an addition and not a replacement, I can dance to that beat.

Note on the kana: it's still pronounced the same, but apparently it looks cooler to use obsolete characters where possible (and I kinda tend to agree).
Old 2007-02-18, 15:52   Link #98
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=71_08RQZNEw

Classic Gainax wankery, pardon my French.
Old 2007-02-18, 16:15   Link #99
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

After watching that small "trailer" I don't get if those movies are supposed to be a sort of recap or if they're going to contain some new original content. New characters? New machine? New story?

Eh?
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 16:25   Link #100
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=71_08RQZNEw

Classic Gainax wankery, pardon my French.
... I think Anno is trying to boost his collection of death-threats

Tags
movie, remake