Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 15:45   Link #441
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Huh? He knew some of them. He knew Mikasa's family.
Still not a valid reason to do a spring killing-like performance at this age ...
Old 2013-04-19, 16:02   Link #442
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

He's still a badass...he was the only one that actively tried to kill the Colossal Titan while everyone else pissed their pants and even after getting his leg chomped off he stood up and saved Armin straight from the mouth of a Titan, costing him an arm and his life (had he not transformed into a Titan). And these are examples from before he first transformed, before he even knew he could do it and regenerate his body.

Having his Titan transformation ability does not take anything away from his badass meter.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 21:09   Link #443
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Still not a valid reason to do a spring killing-like performance at this age ...
Aye, and another thing I found troubling is how well he planned everything, making a spear out of a broom and a knife is no joke. The whole thing looks more like a pro's work than a 10 years old kid's, except that those eyes of his at the time of killing were full of grudge and hatred. Oh well it'd be way scarier if he was calmly stabbing those guys non-stopingly.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 21:14   Link #444
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Aye, and another thing I found troubling is how well he planned everything, making a spear out of a broom and a knife is no joke. The whole thing looks more like a pro's work than a 10 years old kid's, except that those eyes of his at the time of killing were full of grudge and hatred. Oh well it'd be way scarier if he was calmly stabbing those guys non-stopingly.
I think Mikasa is scarier for being able to stab a man taller than her directly in the heart in the heat of the moment.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 21:20   Link #445
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
To me the creepiest moment by far was when he just slowly closed the door to make the thug go and open it. The look he had as that door closed...daaaammmnnnn|
Old 2013-04-19, 21:26   Link #446
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
May we start discussing about either Eren being mentally unstable or killing people being a normal thing for children to do in here too?
Not sure what there is to discuss.

Of course the guy is mentally unstable,that's what makes him a threat,the fact that he's completely reckless. I'd want him fighting on my side rather than against me,that's for sure.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:29   Link #447
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Of course the guy is mentally unstable,that's what makes him a threat,the fact that he's completely reckless. I'd want him fighting on my side rather than against me,that's for sure.
That and he comes with the added bonus of...well, Mikasa xD
Old 2013-04-19, 21:43   Link #448
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
That and he comes with the added bonus of...well, Mikasa xD
See what Jean gets for being on the same side? She ignores him all the time lol
Old 2013-04-20, 01:27   Link #449
richardtengcy

Quote:
When he see Mikasa father and mother dead on the floor....i think what went through his mind is that those murderers deserve death and that he need to find a way to rescue the kidnapped Mikasa that requires extreme measures.

I salute his guts.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:51   Link #450
Grey

Eren has a lot of guts. And he's very confrontational. I bet him and Armin were getting into fights with other kids before Mikasa ever showed up.

I'd call him a hot-head but his attack on the two thugs was surprisingly well thought out. Maybe he'd heard stories about banditry and kidnapping from soldiers so he thought about it when he was even younger. Kids think about weird things sometimes.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 04:03   Link #451
Gundamx

You know... after watching eps3 we know that raienr something(armor titan) will do anything to get his home back = so do you think there is some kind of all out war happening outside the wall?
(He change after he saw monkey titan whose for some reason never saw any flying gear before... )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 10:28   Link #452
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
You know... after watching eps3 we know that raienr something(armor titan) will do anything to get his home back = so do you think there is some kind of all out war happening outside the wall?
(He change after he saw monkey titan whose for some reason never saw any flying gear before... )
He says the same in the manga and he has the same scary face when he does.

There must be necessarily something false in what Bertold said, because apparently it is a known fact that the village he claims to come from wasn't alerted of wall Maria's fall.

That means that village had to be far from Shiganshina.
But we know that at that time Bertold and Reiner were exactly in Shiganshina so they couldn't be in that other village at the same time.

And yet we see a flashback where Bertold actually sees a Titan looking through the window of his room.
Unless this was an outright lie from the author this event must have happened.
The problem is where and when. There hasn't been a titan attack on human settlements in 100 years. Or at least that's what we were told.

One hypothesis we can make is that Bertold and Reiner come from a village outside the walls in a completely different human settlement.
This would lead to speculations about a possible war that happened before the titan apocalypse which would justify Bertold's and Reiner's actions as a military attack against an enemy nation and not against the remainder of humanity.

Another hypothesis is that their village was victim of the same tragedy that befell on Connie's village. In other words the villagers themselves turned into titans, and after they were disposed off the government made sure to keep the incident under wraps. This might also be the reason Reiner and Bertold became able to turn into titans. They were successful "experiments", and I wouldn't exclude Doctor Jaeger's involvement on this.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:56   Link #453
Gundamx

By home I mean their real home (outside the wall)
Old 2013-04-21, 12:32   Link #454
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
He says the same in the manga and he has the same scary face when he does.

There must be necessarily something false in what Bertold said, because apparently it is a known fact that the village he claims to come from wasn't alerted of wall Maria's fall.

That means that village had to be far from Shiganshina.
But we know that at that time Bertold and Reiner were exactly in Shiganshina so they couldn't be in that other village at the same time.

And yet we see a flashback where Bertold actually sees a Titan looking through the window of his room.

Unless this was an outright lie from the author this event must have happened.
The problem is where and when. There hasn't been a titan attack on human settlements in 100 years. Or at least that's what we were told.
It'd be strange if all they've said up to chapter 43 contains zero lie. The only thing that bothers me is why the instructors recruited them without checking where exactly they came from. As far as I recall they just told it was some rural village in the south of Wall Rose whenever someone asked for their origin, no specific name given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
One hypothesis we can make is that Bertold and Reiner come from a village outside the walls in a completely different human settlement.
This would lead to speculations about a possible war that happened before the titan apocalypse which would justify Bertold's and Reiner's actions as a military attack against an enemy nation and not against the remainder of humanity.

Another hypothesis is that their village was victim of the same tragedy that befell on Connie's village. In other words the villagers themselves turned into titans, and after they were disposed off the government made sure to keep the incident under wraps. This might also be the reason Reiner and Bertold became able to turn into titans. They were successful "experiments", and I wouldn't exclude Doctor Jaeger's involvement on this.
After watching episode 3 and considering how faithful the anime has been until now I guess it's safe to assume the 2 are driven/sent away by their village (as soldiers?) and they won't be able to return unless something is achieved (catching Eren alive?). Their village should be still there or else why so looking forward to returning?
Old 2013-04-21, 12:51   Link #455
richardtengcy

There's so many mysteries yet unresolved....but eventually the truth will eventually be told.

The mysteries on how those huge wall was built has been resolved in the recent manga chapters and the key to knowing about the history of the wall is seal in secrecy by the Church Orders, probably the Royal/Nobles and Ymir.

In regards to the origins of the existence of Titan, i think the key to the answer lies in Eren homes basement and there bound to be connection to Eren father.

Another the questions is why did Annie, Bertholt and Reiner want to wipe out the remaining human population?
Annie - Due to her father request?
Bertholt & Reiner - The desire to return to their hometown?

So many freaking question marks and I`ll wait patiently for those answers.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 14:58   Link #456
Battler-kun

Hehe, you may have to wait 10 years to get an answer.

Anyways it has a Claymore and Gantz -feeling to it regarding its theme.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:41   Link #457
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Yes I said in a previous post there are 2 titan factions fighting and raienr group is loosing and felt pressed for time after seeing the monkey titan in his groups territory.

It felt like gantz earlier but now I get the feeling its sorta different gantz was prepare humans for war, This feels more like hide humanity in loosing war till we get more titans on human side to kill none human titans...Huh I guess it kinda is still the same premise nvm.
Old 2013-04-21, 19:17   Link #458
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
The mysteries on how those huge wall was built has been resolved in the recent manga chapters and the key to knowing about the history of the wall is seal in secrecy by the Church Orders, probably the Royal/Nobles and Ymir.
Well we know that the walls were made by titans probably overnight. That still doesn't solve the problem of where did they find such a huge number of 50 meters tall titans and how did they manage to control them.

And if they could control them, why didn't they use them to destroy the titans in the first place given the fact that the regular titans are 15 meters at best and are pretty stupid.

As for Ymir, there's a chance that she comes from a different place entirely given the fact that she can read another writing system and that one of the titans from outside called her "Ymir-sama".

There's a lot of very strange stuff going on.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:14   Link #459
Accelolita_

I'm wondering about something.
5 years ago Berthold (what's the correct spelling? Sorry, I'm using German one for now lol) kicked a hole into the wall of shiganshina.
How the hell did he get there?
I mean, he was like 10 or 11 at that time, right?
How did he get out of the city? I doubt people would just let a little kid pass into the "titan's territory".
And after he transformed back into his normal self, how did he manage to flee from the titans? I can't imagine him, still a child, already having the 3D equipment.
Wouldn't he have been titan food if he had to run all the way to wall rose by himself?
And if he boarded the ship that brought people there, I'm wondering how he managed to get to it in the first place with all those titans running around (and him being OUTSIDE Shiganshina's wall, at least that's where he should've been after attacking it).

Sorry, maybe I missed something, but I'm wondering about that for a while
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:21   Link #460
Gundamx

Quote:
It'd be strange if all they've said up to chapter 43 contains zero lie. The only thing that bothers me is why the instructors recruited them without checking where exactly they came from. As far as I recall they just told it was some rural village in the south of Wall Rose whenever someone asked for their origin, no specific name given.
why should they?
at that time they don't know for more than 100 years that human can become titan
+
most people from third wall already dead so it's hard to ask about them.