AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-13, 01:05   Link #5041
InMyOwnMind

What is the problem with taking them to the beach? Do people really have something against him treating kids decently or with kindness? Take a look back, he bought a ball for Raphtalia and let her play with it, it's something that became a precious memory for her and increased her loyalty. What is the point of being a genuine slave driver and throwing back breaking work on a bunch of children without ever giving them a chance for rest or fun? He wasn't having them screw around even them, a number of them still had to catch the food right?
InMyOwnMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 01:21   Link #5042
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyOwnMind View Post
What is the problem with taking them to the beach? Do people really have something against him treating kids decently or with kindness? Take a look back, he bought a ball for Raphtalia and let her play with it, it's something that became a precious memory for her and increased her loyalty. What is the point of being a genuine slave driver and throwing back breaking work on a bunch of children without ever giving them a chance for rest or fun? He wasn't having them screw around even them, a number of them still had to catch the food right?
I think some of the people critical of Naofumi's approach towards his slaves are forgetting a very important factor that explains his behavior. He is trying to create a village for Raphtalia to live in after he goes back to his world. That means he needs to create an environment where people would stay to live there. If he becomes excessively abusive, the people would not want to stay in the village when the Waves are over, so Raphtalia would have nowhere to go. That defeats the entire purpose of the village approach. If he really wanted to exclusively focus on an army, then a mercenary band would be much more effective in training them to fight as a military force.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 01:21   Link #5043
Ralf_C_Wolfgang

I wonder if Rat/Rato will modify Firo to be able to spit poison in the future.......
Ralf_C_Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 01:45   Link #5044
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

@inmyownmind actually he opted against having a merc or knight band due to the individual s not obeying his commands. Or the possibility. Also it easier for him to train them from scratch.

It also easier to have slaves and children grow up in his land and live in it. The chances of them leaving is pretty slim since their primary livelihood and friends/family would live there after certain point of time.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 04:07   Link #5045
InMyOwnMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
@inmyownmind actually he opted against having a merc or knight band due to the individual s not obeying his commands. Or the possibility. Also it easier for him to train them from scratch.

It also easier to have slaves and children grow up in his land and live in it. The chances of them leaving is pretty slim since their primary livelihood and friends/family would live there after certain point of time.
Tell that to Zoks, I already knew all that. What I said had nothing to do with mercenaries or knight bands.
InMyOwnMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 04:15   Link #5046
Exaligatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf_C_Wolfgang View Post
I wonder if Rat/Rato will modify Firo to be able to spit poison in the future.......
I Prefer mod Firo to be able to Fly

[IMG][/IMG]
Anyone with 3DS out there? add me please FC: 4914-5256-6375
Exaligatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 05:04   Link #5047
chryrst
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to chryrst Send a message via AIM to chryrst Send a message via Yahoo to chryrst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaligatory View Post
I Prefer mod Firo to be able to Fly
Spoiler:
chryrst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 05:57   Link #5048
Exaligatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryrst View Post
Spoiler:
thx captain...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 2014-11-13, 07:25   Link #5049
Strunlex

Really firo-chan could fly later.. It makes me remember FF IX chocobo treasure hunting mini game one that try find float land that to find all chochograf and hidden boss ozma....
Hmm 152 should be come any minute look like I must reread the WN from start again while waiting.....
Strunlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 08:07   Link #5050
Vertrex

Speaking of Yanderes...

No!! Get out of my Head!...You may have invaded my mind and my body...But there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps...his PRIDE!!! - Vegeta SSJ2

Vertrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 08:16   Link #5051
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Been following the translation of Shieldbro for a while now and liking it :3
Many thanks to the people translating the chapters

Also, it seems that recently with the Shieldbro fad, there's a new type of challenge going around.
The Skyrim - Hero of the Shield Challenge, shortened to ShieldBro Challenge.

If anyone is interested, here are the most common rules:

Spoiler for ShieldBro Challenge:

Basically, you'll be doing a lot of punching at the start
Old 2014-11-13, 08:49   Link #5052
Exaligatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strunlex View Post
Really firo-chan could fly later.. It makes me remember FF IX chocobo treasure hunting mini game one that try find float land that to find all chochograf and hidden boss ozma....
Hmm 152 should be come any minute look like I must reread the WN from start again while waiting.....
ah~ gold chocobo huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Been following the translation of Shieldbro for a while now and liking it :3
Many thanks to the people translating the chapters

Also, it seems that recently with the Shieldbro fad, there's a new type of challenge going around.
The Skyrim - Hero of the Shield Challenge, shortened to ShieldBro Challenge.

If anyone is interested, here are the most common rules:

Spoiler for ShieldBro Challenge:

Basically, you'll be doing a lot of punching at the start
Sadly I Don't playing Skyrim anymore
but i'm playing Fantasy life on 3ds

starting as Palagin to get Shield Access, maximize your mining, cooking, alchemy, blacksmith skills
...and i'm naming my character as "Shield" (including green eyes, and black messy hair), my dog (no racoon in this game) as Raph, and my Bird as Filo. ...and yes, your pet can participate in battle

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 2014-11-13, 11:27   Link #5053
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post

That isn't what I was suggesting. I'm saying he would have used the children as a mercenary band after training them up instead of building a village if he was thinking exclusively of making a fighting force. The whole reason he was doing the village approach was because he wanted somewhere for Raphtalia to call home after he leaves, which meant being a lot more tolerant with her old friends.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 12:01   Link #5054
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyOwnMind View Post
Tell that to Zoks, I already knew all that. What I said had nothing to do with mercenaries or knight bands.
my bad, its what i get for not double checking.

@Zoks thought u meant training a merc band. not a slave merc band.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 13:41   Link #5055
Infinite Universe

Just a quick question, does the 2nd Princess fall in love with him? Or with Filo?
Infinite Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 14:06   Link #5056
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Universe View Post
Just a quick question, does the 2nd Princess fall in love with him? Or with Filo?
Have you failed to notice she already is? She's just Tsun.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 14:18   Link #5057
Infinite Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Have you failed to notice she already is? She's just Tsun.
Sorry On Chapter 64 as of right now
Infinite Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 17:30   Link #5058
liteitup

http://yoraikun.wordpress.com/2014/1...o-chapter-152/

Chapter 152: Business

yoraikun :"Chapter 152, done by Muel, with the untranslated portions filled in by me… Let me say this now. It takes me longer to edit/complete than to translate, so I don’t think I will be doing this again… I didn’t edit the whole thing, just kinda did the glaring errors, and missing portions. BTW, I might try to pick up Konjiki no Word Master as well."
liteitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 17:56   Link #5059
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Thanks for the chapter folks!

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 19:16   Link #5060
moneng85
(´・ω・`)

Thank you for the chapter as always!(to all translators)
But isn't Konjiki no Word Master translated by unlimited failure translations group? Or do they need translators for Konjiki no Word Master?
moneng85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate universe, bitch, dark hero, goddess heroine, harem, hero of the kitchen, rpg, shield, webnovel