AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2023-09-09, 17:37   Link #12761
kouneli

Girls stuck in a bathroom

Hello, I am looking for a certain anime.

The anime is about a few girls (don't remember how many), stuck in a bathroom. They don't know how to get out, and they eventually all die in disturbing ways. I saw it around 2010(?) or maybe even earlier and I recently remembered it, but I can't find it anywhere.

If anyone knows anything about it, please tell me, that would be great!
kouneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-10, 15:41   Link #12762
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Trying to spread the Saki Sanobashi urban legend to Animesuki, eh?
Old 2023-09-13, 10:36   Link #12763
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouneli View Post
Hello, I am looking for a certain anime.

The anime is about a few girls (don't remember how many), stuck in a bathroom. They don't know how to get out, and they eventually all die in disturbing ways. I saw it around 2010(?) or maybe even earlier and I recently remembered it, but I can't find it anywhere.

If anyone knows anything about it, please tell me, that would be great!
Minus the bathroom it sounds like Another (2012).

Or maybe your memory is foggy and you really are thinking about Corpse Party (2013), which would be a confusing watch if you didn't play the related game. It features students being trapped in a school and there's a prominent scene involving a bathroom. Also lots of disturbing deaths.

They kinda condensed what could have been 12, maybe even 24 episodes down to 4 OVAs that are 30min each.
Old 2023-09-13, 12:10   Link #12764
kouneli

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
Minus the bathroom it sounds like Another (2012).

Or maybe your memory is foggy and you really are thinking about Corpse Party (2013), which would be a confusing watch if you didn't play the related game. It features students being trapped in a school and there's a prominent scene involving a bathroom. Also lots of disturbing deaths.

They kinda condensed what could have been 12, maybe even 24 episodes down to 4 OVAs that are 30min each.
Mmmmm, no it's not it unfortunately, it had a bit of a different art style to it.
kouneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 10:56   Link #12765
SaoriShun
Out and proud autistic

Question I found an unknown manga in Vogue Nippon May 2007 and I'd like it identified, please

Hi! This is my first time posting here, so I hope this goes well...

I had purchased a print copy of the May 2007 issue of Vogue Nippon (now known as Vogue Japan) and was excitedly reading it when I found an article about John Galliano and his spring couture 2007 collection for Christian Dior that contained a few pictures of the collection's 'Japan research diary,' which resembles a cross between a mood board and a multi-page brochure. Even though this article was published in 2007 the actual research diary was created from October to November 2006.

Among the pictures of this mysterious research diary I found this image featuring this equally mysterious manga that I am dying to have identified:

The image has multiple other photos obscuring the manga panels so I made an edit in GIMP where I made everything covering the manga panels transparent:

I've asked people on the Lost Media Wiki forums to help me ID this manga and there are two clues. First, tirgo, a Lost Media Wiki forum user, read my post on the Lost Media Wiki forums and posted it to Tumblr, where someone else said that the art looks as if it was drawn by Masakazu Katsura and that the manga could be I"s. https://www.tumblr.com/etrianodyssey...u?source=share

Second, doubledis, another Lost Media Wiki user, replied to me and posted this image where they attempted to make a mock-up of what the original panels could have looked like:

However, these clues are not enough for me to identify the manga on my own. Could someone please tell me the name of this manga? I've been searching for the original manga for months and I'll be over the moon if I could finally find the original.

Also, if you're having trouble identifying the manga, I've heard of the use of AI to restore or finish images. I have no idea which image restoration service to use because I know barely anything about AI image restoration, let alone the names of each image restoration AI, but maybe someone could use AI to make a mock-up of what the original manga panels looked like. Here's a Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_...l_intelligence

Kind regards,

SaoriShun
SaoriShun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 22:59   Link #12766
anime2004

Hi SaoriShun, I don't know it yet myself but I got a random first impression of "Cheeky Angel" but it's from up to 2003, and the eye might be a bit high on the unknown character, the other main character would have spikey hair but his top half is white, taller and flairs out more including bangs. Though it could be some other minor character in the bottom panel. I assume not a match, but it's been a long time since I read it. I wouldn't look too hard at that thought as a possibility. I just mention it since it some how popped into mind for a moment. I see/know what they mean regarding I's like style. I've watched the ovas but don't own any manga for it.

I'll have to give it some thought for a while, but do give it time for others to come by and see your request. Sorry to post so quickly without anything good ready to go. I'm very busy this weekend but it of interest I may poke around too regarding Vouge Nippon and that issue. Not sure I'll find anything but if something maybe useful comes up I'll let you know. Luckily 2007 is also around internet times, even if the clipping might be older.

EDIT2: I just had one pop in for SaoriShun

I think it could be "Remote" but can go look some and see. It may not be it as it's been a long time but that one is probably worth looking into.

Title(en): Remote
Title(jp): リモート
Years: 2002-2004 in Weekly Young Magazine
Artist: Koshiba Tetsuya (小柴哲也)
Author: Seimaru Amagi (pen: 天樹征丸 / 樹林 伸)
Links: Wiki(en)(jp)

It got a English release by Tokyopop too.

I don't think I have a copy but I tore through several volumes in a short time back then. Maybe a guilty pleasure in that I was not completely hooked but it had a bit of appeal for me in some potential detective mystery, etc. I don't think I finished reading it.

That darn fiance that pops up! I think Haha. Not the bishonen brilliant detective.

The characters profile images may not be in every place but I think I can find some examples and return here. I'm not 100% on it yet but much more then the random mention earlier.

TL;DR…
Rambling about the (not so complicated) path to considering it
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So if it's Remote then please let the person that did the mockup art know I think that helped in a way!

Last edited by anime2004; 2023-09-25 at 06:16. Reason: Edit2: just had one pop in. Added note about remote
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-25, 09:09   Link #12767
SaoriShun
Out and proud autistic

Question Could someone check that the unidentified manga panels are really from Remote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
Hi SaoriShun, I don't know it yet myself but I got a random first impression of "Cheeky Angel" but it's from up to 2003, and the eye might be a bit high on the unknown character, the other main character would have spikey hair but his top half is white, taller and flairs out more including bangs. Though it could be some other minor character in the bottom panel. I assume not a match, but it's been a long time since I read it. I wouldn't look too hard at that thought as a possibility. I just mention it since it some how popped into mind for a moment. I see/know what they mean regarding I's like style. I've watched the ovas but don't own any manga for it.

I'll have to give it some thought for a while, but do give it time for others to come by and see your request. Sorry to post so quickly without anything good ready to go. I'm very busy this weekend but it of interest I may poke around too regarding Vouge Nippon and that issue. Not sure I'll find anything but if something maybe useful comes up I'll let you know. Luckily 2007 is also around internet times, even if the clipping might be older.

EDIT2: I just had one pop in for SaoriShun

I think it could be "Remote" but can go look some and see. It may not be it as it's been a long time but that one is probably worth looking into.

Title(en): Remote
Title(jp): リモート
Years: 2002-2004 in Weekly Young Magazine
Artist: Koshiba Tetsuya (小柴哲也)
Author: Seimaru Amagi (pen: 天樹征丸 / 樹林 伸)
Links: Wiki(en)(jp)

It got a English release by Tokyopop too.

I don't think I have a copy but I tore through several volumes in a short time back then. Maybe a guilty pleasure in that I was not completely hooked but it had a bit of appeal for me in some potential detective mystery, etc. I don't think I finished reading it.

That darn fiance that pops up! I think Haha. Not the bishonen brilliant detective.

The characters profile images may not be in every place but I think I can find some examples and return here. I'm not 100% on it yet but much more then the random mention earlier.

TL;DR…
Rambling about the (not so complicated) path to considering it
So if it's Remote then please let the person that did the mockup art know I think that helped in a way!
Thank you! From what I can tell the art style is incredibly similar or identical to Koshiba Tetsuya's manga Remote, and they could even be the same manga.

I've done some searching online and found scans of the official English translation of all volumes of Remote on archive.org: https://archive.org/details/manga_Re...ge/n3/mode/2up

Sorry to bother anyone by asking this of them, but could someone please go through each Remote volume in the link that I gave to check if the manga panels from John Galliano's 'Japan research diary' are from Remote? I'd do this myself but unfortunately I'm extremely time-poor because I constantly have to spend hours at my grandmother's house due to her dementia, and then I have to do hours of work every day, and by the time that I've finished both these tasks it's time to wash the dishes and go to bed.

I'm excited that I might finally identify this manga!

EDIT: I am sorry to say this, but no-one would go through the scans of Remote for me so I went through all ten volumes myself in the link that I gave and unfortunately the manga panels that I found in the 'Japan research diary' are not from Remote.
Also, if you check the images from this research diary the manga panels have Japanese text instead of English, which means that John Galliano must have taken those panels from a manga magazine published in Japan. Furthermore, he created the Akihabara page of the research diary (the page where those manga panels appeared) in October 2006, so the manga whose panels he used was published in a magazine issue published around October 2006. Remote was released in Japan from 2002 to 2004, which means that the manga panels are from a different manga.
However, the art style of the unidentified manga looks awfully a lot like Tetsuya Koshiba's, and he did have another manga of his, Mankai Otome (aka Mankai Shoujo, aka 満開少女 in kanji) published in July 2006 in issue 19 of Weekly Young Magazine. Unfortunately there are no scans of Mankai Otome/Mankai Shoujo online, only a preview of the first 20 pages of that manga (you have to buy the manga to read the rest). Could someone check if the unidentified manga is this other Tetsuya Koshiba manga?

Last edited by SaoriShun; 2023-09-27 at 13:34. Reason: The manga is not Remote because the panels were found in October 2006, two years after Remote finished publishing.
Old 2023-10-01, 03:23   Link #12768
anime2004

Sorry to hear it didn't turn out to be found in Remote. You may not need to review all things so quickly but continue to take suggestions and then compare and prioritize any checking. Since it is only one obscured page and is small/blurry, unless it's a famous scene set in readers memory for that specific manga (even if not a well known title) or unless someone recently saw the exact character, it may take some time to see which suggestions come up for consideration. I'd continue to collect suggestions and then see what else may seem close enough to check.

Regarding these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaoriShun View Post
Furthermore, he created the Akihabara page of the research diary (the page where those manga panels appeared) in October 2006, so the manga whose panels he used was published in a magazine issue published around October 2006.
Quote:
Even though this article was published in 2007 the actual research diary was created from October to November 2006.
  • Was there specific evidence on the date range in the article (about the 'diary')? I see the blurry page titles of Day 1 xx October 200x and am not sure if they are 2004 or 2006. While 2004 may not make sense, it looked like at least two random sources noting a 3 week trip to China and Japan in 2003 as well.
  • I'm not sure if it was taken from a magazine or a tankoubon/mook, but I'm guessing magazine. (Unsure about size)
  • There is a chance it comes from an older magazine/mook but acquired in 2006 (further back from the 2003 trip?)
It's good to narrow it to 2006/2003 to see if something comes up first, but there could be a chance it's older (just not newer). May be good to stick to 2006 if the Akihabara page is labeled anywhere with a date or the others that are blurry are indeed 2006 and not just a book put together after/during the 2006 trip but later containing some things from the 2003 trip.I'll try to stick to 2006.

The full text from the article may be helpful, or at least the part(s) referring to the "diary". I'm wondering what specific terms it was referred to as in Japanese text (and other details) as others discussing the article online/elsewhere may use those.It seems that there is an vogue interview with Galliano about the 2006 trip where he refers to it as a "scrapbook" in responses multiple times, but this could just be a translation if it was not conducted in english. It might help with searches. (prior to finding that, "travel log" and "journal" did not turn up much more as you've probably also found)

Other thoughts that are less likely to be it (but more about style): I don't think that it is Gantz (graphic violence/etc) but Oku Hiroya has some females with the eyes that are wider apart while small; (later characters in Gantz; but usually the hair is flat and black matte, maybe some screen tone but not quite like the "I`s" like hair if comparing to that; also puffs the cheeks a bit and tapers in to the chin, but some 3/4 angles or characters/shots may not have the tapering). For that artist there was "Me-Teru no Kimochi" (ecchi/mature) (め~てるの気持ち) in 2006, with a male that shaves his head and it grows back in short for a while, but I'm pretty sure that that is not it. Just noting someone with maybe a similar style or at least with the farther apart and smaller eyes on females. There is also an adult-only artist (Haruki) that has a couple character with "similar" hair style to the "I`s" example (and the smaller wider spaced eyes), but has more pointed nose contours and again I don't think that's a match here for something picked up around 2006.

Regarding the Maid photo (in case you've not gotten this info yet):
TL;DR…
@home maid cafe outfit (links, ex. photo, article)
That one is a bit off-topic (and wasn't requested here) but I figured I'd note it since my friends have been to @home cafe so it looked familiar and some quick searching turned up some things (and the article).

I'll keep it in mind and if something maybe worth noting comes up I'll let you know.

Last edited by anime2004; 2023-10-01 at 03:30. Reason: edit: their/there typo
Old 2023-10-01, 09:41   Link #12769
BaaBaaBlackSheep

Okay, I need help finding this manga, but I don't remember the title, character names, or author. I remember one chapter in a lot of detail, though. It's in black and white, with a pretty but simple art style. It shows a slim, teen girl in shorts and black tights and a blonde teen boy wearing a baseball cap and a very loose shirt walking down the streets of their city, carrying sparklers in a white plastic bag. But then the girl gets grabbed by a thuggish man, and it's implied that he was going to assault her. So the boy grabs a wooden plank and hits the man with it, and the girl escapes from his grasp. But the man then grabs the boy and then says that he "isn't bad himself" and that he has a 'pretty face'. After hearing this, the boy kinda freezes up, and is really scared, until the girl hits the man with a metal pipe, and they both run away and escape. Then, it shows them on a swing set on a hill. The boy tells the girl that his step-father r*ped him after his mother died because his face looks like his mothers. There is some pretty graphic images of the step father pushing the boy down on his bed and putting his hand under his shirt. Then, his father forced him to become a prostitute to help out with the money. He then reveals that sparklers that they had in the plastic bag were given to him by a 'client', because he was so excited to go light them with her, so he begged the 'client' to get them for him. Then, it shows the girl and the boy crying, as she comforts him, and tells him that she's like a brother to her, and she's really sorry for what happened to him. Pls tell me if you know the title!!
Tl;Dr: A boy is r*ped and forced to become a prostitute by his step-father after his mother died, and he meets a girl and goes to light sparklers with her on a hill.
BaaBaaBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-01, 20:44   Link #12770
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaBaaBlackSheep View Post
Okay, I need help finding this manga, but I don't remember the title, character names, or author. I remember one chapter in a lot of detail, though. It's in black and white, with a pretty but simple art style. It shows a slim, teen girl in shorts and black tights and a blonde teen boy wearing a baseball cap and a very loose shirt walking down the streets of their city, carrying sparklers in a white plastic bag. But then the girl gets grabbed by a thuggish man, and it's implied that he was going to assault her. So the boy grabs a wooden plank and hits the man with it, and the girl escapes from his grasp. But the man then grabs the boy and then says that he "isn't bad himself" and that he has a 'pretty face'. After hearing this, the boy kinda freezes up, and is really scared, until the girl hits the man with a metal pipe, and they both run away and escape. Then, it shows them on a swing set on a hill. The boy tells the girl that his step-father r*ped him after his mother died because his face looks like his mothers. There is some pretty graphic images of the step father pushing the boy down on his bed and putting his hand under his shirt. Then, his father forced him to become a prostitute to help out with the money. He then reveals that sparklers that they had in the plastic bag were given to him by a 'client', because he was so excited to go light them with her, so he begged the 'client' to get them for him. Then, it shows the girl and the boy crying, as she comforts him, and tells him that she's like a brother to her, and she's really sorry for what happened to him. Pls tell me if you know the title!!
Tl;Dr: A boy is r*ped and forced to become a prostitute by his step-father after his mother died, and he meets a girl and goes to light sparklers with her on a hill.
That should be this oneshot (pretty sure):
Title: Sodom no Hana ni Kiraboshi (ソドムの花にキラ星)
Author: Aoi Haru (碧井ハル)
Year: 2019 / 2020 (In Shueisha's Margaret(マーガレット)(Wiki(en)(jp))
Links: (Author's Page of Books / Works ; Publisher's Digital Listing with first few pages; In authors list (under A's) here)
※(Part1 Jan. 01 2020; Part2 Jan 10, 2020 issue, per Author's site & Margaret's jp wikipedia; Mar. 2020 printed volume; Kinokuniya(jp) listing )

I did some quick targeted searches regarding "Forced Prostitution" and later "Runaway/s" to narrow it down but there were other candidates. Based on synopses and title with Hana / glittering/spakling stars- I believe that's what you're looking for but if not then just let us know as there may be a few others to look over or suggest you look into to see.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by anime2004; 2023-10-01 at 20:57. Reason: added tankoubon date and kinokuniya link. & formating
Old 2023-10-02, 20:32   Link #12771
BaaBaaBlackSheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
That should be this oneshot (pretty sure):
Title: Sodom no Hana ni Kiraboshi (ソドムの花にキラ星)
Author: Aoi Haru (碧井ハル)
Year: 2019 / 2020 (In Shueisha's Margaret(マーガレット)(Wiki(en)(jp))
Links: (Author's Page of Books / Works ; Publisher's Digital Listing with first few pages; In authors list (under A's) here)
※(Part1 Jan. 01 2020; Part2 Jan 10, 2020 issue, per Author's site & Margaret's jp wikipedia; Mar. 2020 printed volume; Kinokuniya(jp) listing )

I did some quick targeted searches regarding "Forced Prostitution" and later "Runaway/s" to narrow it down but there were other candidates. Based on synopses and title with Hana / glittering/spakling stars- I believe that's what you're looking for but if not then just let us know as there may be a few others to look over or suggest you look into to see.

Hope that helps!
Yes, it is this!! Thank you, I've been looking for it for months!
BaaBaaBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-04, 11:08   Link #12772
SaoriShun
Out and proud autistic

'Japan research diary' manga panels in better quality

Sorry to post again so soon, but I have the mystery manga from John Galliano's Japan research diary in better quality:

Could someone please identify this manga? All I know is that these panels were published no later than 29 October 2006.
Old 2024-04-23, 22:44   Link #12773
Angelred1453

I'm trying to find the name of the show in an old video. The video was deleted, but I recall what happens. A group of robot servants are crushed under a chandelier, and a girl proceeds to jump on top of another one, before she is hit in the back by some kind of headpiece(looks like a tiara, reminds me a bit of sailor moon(definitely NOT that)), only for it be revealed the girl is a robot as well as she lays there, leaking oil or something brown. Another girl then proceeds to kick off a robot's head before fleeing, with the servants in pursuit. I know the style, it was very similar to Kill la Kills style.

Robot servants look identical.

Tiara or whatever the headgear is I believe looks like Wonder Woman's tiara only fully silver.

One of the maids survives the impact, and half of her face is destroyed, revealing the circuits under it.

It's not from: Najica Blitz Tactics, Gintama, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

I don't think its from these, but I could be totally wrong: Chobits, Magical Teacher Negima, Mahoromatic or Lupin III

Art Style is similar to original Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2 and Ghost Stories(in the animation, not in any particular art)
Angelred1453 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel