Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-02-02, 11:48   Link #361
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
Not quite sure if this belongs here, but I'm wondering.....

Anyone here in Canada, (preferably Southern Ontario) know where I can buy Anime DVDs? I'm looking for somewhere that has it all. I'll go into Future Shop, and they'll have Vol.2 of Bleach or Vol.8 of Gundam Seed, but never a boxset or anything really complete.

Is there a large store (eg, Best Buy, Future Shop) that stocks Anime DVDs well? Is there a hobby shop somewhere in Southern Ontario that I haven't checked out yet?

Heads up appreciated.
Whereabouts in southern Ontario?
In any case, try these:
http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=1859
http://riwasa.com/shopping/canada/ontario/ontario.htm
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 14:04   Link #362
Nu Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Generally speaking the GTA would be fine, Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax would be great.

Much thanks for the links though, I think I'll hit a few of those places up!
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 19:59   Link #363
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
Generally speaking the GTA would be fine, Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax would be great.

Much thanks for the links though, I think I'll hit a few of those places up!
Just a tip, Omake Hobby is in a really out of the way place on the second floor at 222 Spadina Ave. It's waaaay behind where all those kiosk things are, near the food on the far wall. I think I've seen that place carry the Max Factory Alicia, but you can find her in several stores over at Pacific Mall. Dunno what she retails for at those places. You'll find DVDs in that other anime store in the same building, iirc.
Old 2008-02-06, 14:34   Link #364
Isegrim

I'm looking for Code Geass on DVD, licensed. The only shop I've found so far offering them is YesAsia.com here, but it seems to lack English subtitles (I'm not accomplished with the japanese language). Did I get that right?
The offers on eBay are doubtful - cheap, and the same covers I've seen at one of these asia-markets during my last trip to the czech republic last month.
Perhaps somebody is able to tell me an offer containing English subtitles... ?
Thanks in advance!
Old 2008-02-06, 15:21   Link #365
bayoab

The R1 DVDs are not out yet and will not be for months.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 12:51   Link #366
andr1us

I am looking for online shop which sells anime trading cards or has some detailed information on releases and cards description. Now i am using mostly Animaxis, Hobby Link Japan and Ebay.
andr1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 17:09   Link #367
Only_a_Shadow
Kotomi~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only_a_Shadow View Post
While Googling and searching for Shakugan no Shana posters, I came across really cheap posters and was wondering if the sites legit. Any help is appreciated greatly.

Also, if you can link me to Shakugan no Shana posters $10 or below, please tell me($10 is the maximum price my parents give me :P)! Would like it if the sites use Paypal.

UPDATE:
I have just ordered the SnS poster, as well as a F/SN one.

I will update more when they arrive.
...if they arrive.
Update 2:
So, I have finally got a confirmation that my order has been shipped. It took a while, but it seems GKWorld has a problem with their system, or so they say.

I'll update once more when I receive it.

Update 3:
Finally, they arrived. I am pretty much satisfied and will be buying from the site in the future.

Although, to anyone thinking of buying from GKWorld: Don't buy soundtracks from them, as to what I saw in Google, a lot are BOOTLEGGED.

Last edited by Only_a_Shadow; 2008-02-15 at 18:55.
Only_a_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 19:24   Link #368
negativeone

is the dvd box set for kemonozume out of print????

and if not, where can i buy it online???

thanx
negativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 18:40   Link #369
Z3120

You guys have any personal suggestions on a what site you would prefer buying a bunch of DVDs together? Vol 6 of Mushishi is coming out soon, and I think I'm inclined to get each DVD out rather than wait on a whole boxset.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 19:08   Link #370
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
You guys have any personal suggestions on a what site you would prefer buying a bunch of DVDs together? Vol 6 of Mushishi is coming out soon, and I think I'm inclined to get each DVD out rather than wait on a whole boxset.
I've personally had a good experience with RightStuf, but I would consider taking other recommendations as well. Plus, I don't see a set for Mushishi listed there, but I suppose it's just a matter of time.
Old 2008-03-25, 19:18   Link #371
EvaForever

Is AnimeCastle safe to buy from? Thanks.
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 21:13   Link #372
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaForever View Post
Is AnimeCastle safe to buy from? Thanks.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Anime_Castle
Read the longer review. They're legit, they have a brick and mortar place in NY, but the flaws in billing and customer service are something to look out for - whether it be on your part or theirs.
Old 2008-03-25, 23:51   Link #373
Moonbase

I am having trouble finding the Aishiteruze Baby anime anywhere, boxset or no. Anyone else give it a shot or is it out of print?
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 09:21   Link #374
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbase View Post
I am having trouble finding the Aishiteruze Baby anime anywhere, boxset or no. Anyone else give it a shot or is it out of print?
Almost all of it is "available" at CDjapan.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 11:34   Link #375
Isaak
Anime preferred

Quote:
I'm currently looking to buy the Elfen Lied complete set but I am kind of hesitating which one I should buy, I browsed a lot of websites and found two kinds:

- The complete collection (thinpack)
- The perfect collection

The second one is the cheapest one on most websites but does anyone know which extras they include or not? By reading the user reviews they both don't come with any extras nor candies and I also didn't see any difference in region codes or quality. I did see some differences in subtitles included with the DVDs but this depended on the shop selling them.

Is there anyone with recommendations or more information on this?
Since no one seems to be able to answer the above question I am wondering if anyone has experience with animeballz.com as anime webshop?

Thank you

Last edited by Isaak; 2008-04-01 at 08:41. Reason: Changed question
Isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 09:31   Link #376
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaak View Post
Since no one seems to be able to answer the above question I am wondering if anyone has experience with animeballz.com as anime webshop?

Thank you
I've never dealt with them, but they sell "All-region" DVDs, and that's a very likely sign that they're selling bootlegs and/or fansubs. Legitimate DVD companies will sell products in specific region encodings - another telling sign is looking at whether any of the products being sold have only Japanese audio and English subtitles, but no R1 license.

By the way, from what I can tell, there has never been a "Perfect" collection for Elfen Lied (at least not in English). The only English edition seems to be the complete collection.
Old 2008-04-01, 15:25   Link #377
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
By the way, from what I can tell, there has never been a "Perfect" collection for Elfen Lied (at least not in English). The only English edition seems to be the complete collection.
In my experience, "Perfect collections" are usually bootlegs. Be wary of these, even on sites like Amazon.
Old 2008-04-01, 22:25   Link #378
4Tran

To be fair, there are a few Perfect collections out there - the Evangelion Perfect Collection, for example. It's the other elements like region-free encoding, non-licensed titles, and a suspicious amount of episodes per disc that are better clues to watch out for. A good way to buy anime online is to just stick to reputable companies.

By the way, as far as I can tell, the Amazon webstore is perfectly reliable; what one has to watch out for is the Amazon Marketplace, which should be treated with the same kind of caution one should treat auction sites.
Old 2008-04-10, 12:15   Link #379
deathkelsey

I live in St. johns newfoundland and the only place I can find anything is HMV and they have very little.
deathkelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 23:21   Link #380
xblackoutx
Street Artist

Send a message via MSN to xblackoutx
Is anyone that lives in sydney, australia on here that could tell me if there is a shop in the city that sells gundam dvds?

Last edited by xris; 2008-04-12 at 03:02.
xblackoutx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime