AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-12, 16:43   Link #4561
KrimzonStriker

Hmmm, I think I read a post once that said the only one who could give a more kick-ass speech then Lelouch was Kamina, I guess that logic was well-founded after all
Old 2008-02-12, 16:46   Link #4562
_DaViD_
~(=ω=.)~

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
When all else fails he can always use of random Kamina's lines

Tamaki: Zero's just a kid...I've been taken orders from a kid?
Ougi: Even if we were to believe such a story...
Lelouch: Fools! Who the F*** do you think I am?!
Tamaki (strays cola everywhere)
Black Knights:O.O
Lelouch: Screw logic, kick caution to the curb! Believe in me, who believes in you...for yours is drill that will pierce Britannia.
Black Knights:ZOMG!! Zero!!! Zero!!!
rofl, who the f*ck do u think i am??!! and showing his red-purple eye with the Geass,, that would be priceless xD
Old 2008-02-12, 16:54   Link #4563
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Kamina was a master at giving motivational speeches. Lelouch can give them, but I don't really think he means them in the same way Kamina did because Lelouch probably cares less about what happens to those that follow him.
Old 2008-02-12, 17:01   Link #4564
KrimzonStriker

Still, I think that unveiling of the Black Knights was one of the greatest declarations of war I have ever seen. FEAR US OR SEEK US!!!!!! THE WORLD SHALL BE JUDGED BY THE ORDER OF THE BLACK KNIGHTS!!! Kamina knows how to win people over, Lelouch just knows how to scare the absolute crap out of them. At least that's my opinion anyway
Old 2008-02-12, 17:06   Link #4565
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That was a great speech, though I'm sometimes not sure if getting people on your side through fear is a good thing. It certainly can guarantee loyalty to some degree I suppose though.
Old 2008-02-12, 17:46   Link #4566
KrimzonStriker

Well, you can also argue that it makes him a better leader overall by cutting off any real attachment to his subordinates so that he can make the necessary overall decisions. I shudder to think where Lelouch would be if he listened to guys like Tamaki instead of taking charge himself
Old 2008-02-12, 18:26   Link #4567
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Would anyone listen to Tamaki? The guy is always ready to shoot someone that I'm surprised that Lelouch or anyone else hasn't given him a good talking to. The only person who ever did anything really was C.C. when she kicked him out of the car during that sound episode. Unfortunately he lived through it without any major injuries.
Old 2008-02-12, 19:39   Link #4568
lightbringer
M9000

Forget Kamina, remember the "who are you waiting for to do your work for you" speech back when Zero announced his plan for an independent country. And if you need more proof that Lulu is a good motivator, look at what happened to Todoh. Kamina can't top that.
Old 2008-02-12, 20:28   Link #4569
KrimzonStriker

True, but Toudou isn't exactly Lelouch's most loyal of follower, he just kind of got swayed by that whole "I can make that fleeting dream come true bit" I mean, he was the one who went all let's get out of here during episode 19. He distrusts Zero, but I also believe that is supplemented by a healthy dose of respect for his abilities that even surpasses his own in terms of battlefield tactics.
Old 2008-02-12, 23:15   Link #4570
CJL13
God of his own ego

I can just see Zero and Kamina fighting over whetever to do the speeches should be more formal or out of this world, of course if they got into a fistfight Kamina would kick his ass, hell Zero would break his hand on Kamina's chest.
Old 2008-02-12, 23:17   Link #4571
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
True, but Toudou isn't exactly Lelouch's most loyal of follower, he just kind of got swayed by that whole "I can make that fleeting dream come true bit" I mean, he was the one who went all let's get out of here during episode 19. He distrusts Zero, but I also believe that is supplemented by a healthy dose of respect for his abilities that even surpasses his own in terms of battlefield tactics.
Well, I think Toudou was more swayed by Lelouch's speech about shredding the name of "Toudou the Miracle" into nothing.

Toudou's going to keep fighting till the day he dies now, since after 17 he was more or less fighting because it was what he thinks he should do, regardless of how hopeless it is. And heck, if Lelouch is the best shot at winning, might as well go with the better odds.
Old 2008-02-12, 23:24   Link #4572
KrimzonStriker

True that, but that still doesn't make him one of his happier followers. Out of all of them he seemed the most reluctant and distant of the group... though that was the same when he was in the JLF. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised now if he always had that attitude
Old 2008-02-13, 00:59   Link #4573
Stretch5920

Well Toudo wouldn't be to happy if he found out Zero was the one who killed his previous leader, General Katase.
Old 2008-02-13, 01:08   Link #4574
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Well Toudo wouldn't be to happy if he found out Zero was the one who killed his previous leader, General Katase.
Besides the point no one's ever going to find out about that...

He didn't get pissed at Suzaku for killing Genbu, nor did he go on any crazy vengeance rampage against Cornelia or Guilford for destroying the JLF. Heck, Toudou even told Nagisa that the rumors the Black Knights might have killed Katase didn't matter. For Toudou, what's done is done: Katase is dead, doesn't matter how it happened, doesn't matter who might have done it, he's just going to keep doing the one thing he knows how to do, be a soldier.
Old 2008-02-13, 03:41   Link #4575
andr1us

I was thinking what could happen in cave after second shot. Here is my theory:
If i remember correctly after Lelouch used geass on Suzaku and told him to live, Suzaku didn't remember a thing. So, if second shot caused some sort of cave in and due to "Live" command Suzaku had to escape cave. After that someone (Shneizel or V.V.) found him outside the cave. Suzaku remembers that he shot Lelouch, but due to memory loss he didn't know what happened later on. So he assumed that Lelouch couldn't escape cave (cause he is weak physically) and died.

Sorry for my english
Old 2008-02-13, 10:03   Link #4576
KrimzonStriker

You mean he ran as soon as the Sakuradite bomb blew up or something? That'd be an interesting plot device, using the bomb instead of the big magic gate behind them. Though of course that will have to play a factor if Lelouch is going to survive such an occurence
Old 2008-02-13, 12:05   Link #4577
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
You mean he ran as soon as the Sakuradite bomb blew up or something? That'd be an interesting plot device, using the bomb instead of the big magic gate behind them. Though of course that will have to play a factor if Lelouch is going to survive such an occurence
I dunno...you think it was a real bomb? Lelouch tends to bluff all his outright threats.
Old 2008-02-13, 12:21   Link #4578
KrimzonStriker

Well, it certainly looked like Sakuradite from what I've seen of it, plus I wouldn't put it past him to develop an "if I go down you all go down with me" mentality. If he's put into such a situation, then even if it's a real bomb he's got nothing to lose should it go off. So yeah, I think it's real, no point in having it if it's not, and nothing changes for Lelouch if it is
Old 2008-02-13, 12:54   Link #4579
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Well, it certainly looked like Sakuradite from what I've seen of it, plus I wouldn't put it past him to develop an "if I go down you all go down with me" mentality. If he's put into such a situation, then even if it's a real bomb he's got nothing to lose should it go off. So yeah, I think it's real, no point in having it if it's not, and nothing changes for Lelouch if it is
I can't see Lelouch ever developing a "if I go down you all go down with me" mentality. >_>

By nature Lelouch is self-sacrificing, he'd never try to kill people just out of personal spite, especially someone he still considers a friend and someone he considers a subordinate. (and yeah, until Suzaku threatens to take Nunnally, Lelouch still considers him a friend, even if he knows the friendship is over) Oh, and don't forget that Lelouch knows that Nunnally is nearby. Now, if Lelouch was doing all this stuff for himself and not Nunnally, and didn't have a history of putting himself in crappy positions for the sake of his friends, I might agree, but in this case it's exactly like the gas capsule situation: Lelouch would bluff doing something really self-centered and evil, but he'd never actually do something that evil. If the bomb was a real one, Lelouch wouldn't have activated it.
Old 2008-02-13, 13:23   Link #4580
KrimzonStriker

Well, you have a point I guess. Still it was a really tense scene, and many of the characters were not acting like their usual selves and were having mental breakdowns, so I have to wonder if it wasn't at all possible for Lelouch to have gone over the edge like everyone else in the face of such a situation. All I'm saying is, it's still very possible he really would have used the bomb given the circumstances...
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers