AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-12, 23:03   Link #1501
Elicit

Yeah, I can't help but wonder if they're going to have scenes where Lelouch will feel kind of awkward within his room. Like, he'll have this sort of feeling within him that something seems a bit misplaced - say, he's walking down the hall to his room, and he makes a motion of some sort that says that he's expecting something exasperating to happen once he enters it. Cue him arriving, he feels a little surprised that there isn't something there, just his regular furnishings and the like.

Guh. Sunrise should at least have a trailer where C.C. is doing something in her new outfit, no matter how big or small. Just a tidbit.
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:04   Link #1502
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
You want to know something I want an answer about? Why does C.C. like pizza so much? I know it seems like such a trivial thing, but the sheer look of horror she had on her face when the giant pizza was ruined just had me wondering why she loves it that much. I wonder if the Pizza Hut ads and jokes will continue. I'd imagine Lelouch still has all that Cheese-kun stuff in his room, unless he threw it out.
CC: (suddenly serious) "Lelouch. Eating pizza is one of the reasons for my existence in this world. It's foreordained to be this way."
Lelouch:...Huh?
CC:"Yes...the name C.C. is actually short for "Cheese & Crust", after all."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicit View Post
Guh. Sunrise should at least have a trailer where C.C. is doing something in her new outfit, no matter how big or small. Just a tidbit.
At least we have art of her new outfit, and some idea of what's happening with her. What about Cornelia and Llyod and Cecile and Nunnally and Kaguya? What about Kallen, what's she going to wear when she's not piloting or hanging out with the Order?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:10   Link #1503
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
What about Kallen, what's she going to wear when she's not piloting or hanging out with the Order?
Bunny suit hopefully.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:13   Link #1504
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Bunny suit hopefully.
speaking of bunnysuits, I will somewhat echo Elicit's point insofar as I want to know if C.C.'s going to keep cosplaying and if so what those costumes will be.
Old 2008-02-12, 23:21   Link #1505
KrimzonStriker

Well, if pictures serve as a reference Nunnally is wearing a rather high class but conservative Victorian style outfit, complete with a one of a kind purple butterfly brooch... Geez, since when did this turn into a fashion announcement?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:30   Link #1506
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, it would be pretty strange that he had a Cheese-kun pillow and had no idea how it got their in the first place... still they better not edit him out, Cheese-kun was one of the best advertisement spoofs every!!

Lelouch: Empty pizza boxes? Cheap advertisement Plushie gimmick? Altered clothing for women? What the hell's been going on here?

Rollo: Lelouch, it's your most favorite and beloved sibling unlike the forgotten, blind, and crippled (name censored) Come give me a hug!!

Lelouch:.............. Whoever lived with me before, COME BACK PLEASE!!!!!
I found the scenes with Cheese-kun pointless but amusing nonetheless. I hope they continue and that Lelouch kept at least the one pillow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I want to know too. You see all Cheese-kuns (Prural!!!!) she has!!!! According to what I remember, you need to order A LOT of pizza before you can get ONE Cheese-kun. (I, somehow feel bad for Lelouch about the money he had spent on those pizzas C.C. ordered. [I also wonder how much money Lelouch really has=_=; He got all the money from gambled chess with Nobles, right? But would it be that much since he started rebellion thing and never have any chance to do it anymore.])

And about Lelouch keep Cheese-kuns, I sure hope so. It might be a key for him to remember C.C. again(in case he has amnesia.)
A better question is how she didn't get incredibly fat from eating all that pizza. I'm sure Lelouch's finacials were enough to handle C.C.'s need for pizza.

He better damn well have kept them all or someone will be angry. He may have kept them if he felt he should have, even if he didn't fully understand why. Maybe he found something of Nunnally's like her cranes and kept them.

On that note, if Lelouch did forget about Nunnally wouldn't he wonder why there is a section full of girl's clothes in his home? Unless Rollo took care of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicit View Post
Yeah, I can't help but wonder if they're going to have scenes where Lelouch will feel kind of awkward within his room. Like, he'll have this sort of feeling within him that something seems a bit misplaced - say, he's walking down the hall to his room, and he makes a motion of some sort that says that he's expecting something exasperating to happen once he enters it. Cue him arriving, he feels a little surprised that there isn't something there, just his regular furnishings and the like.

I was actually thinking about some sort of scene like that where he would be expecting for someone (C.C. or Nunnally) to be there and they aren't. He'd just feel something was not right. Given the year though, he may have gotten over any of those feelings to some degree unless he has some overwhelming feeling that there is something he should be doing.

Quote:
At least we have art of her new outfit, and some idea of what's happening with her. What about Cornelia and Llyod and Cecile and Nunnally and Kaguya? What about Kallen, what's she going to wear when she's not piloting or hanging out with the Order?
I don't think we will get much on Nunnally for a while, unless they show random scenes of her in some odd place. We already saw her in what looked like a royal looking dress so I am going with that she is with the Emperor. This may sound bad, but I hope she misses her brother dearly and that V.V. hasn't be messing with her mind.

Quote:
speaking of bunnysuits, I will somewhat echo Elicit's point insofar as I want to know if C.C.'s going to keep cosplaying and if so what those costumes will be.
Well, I think I recall reading that CLAMP designed two new outfiits for C.C. so I am waiting to see the other one.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:51   Link #1507
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
A better question is how she didn't get incredibly fat from eating all that pizza. I'm sure Lelouch's finacials were enough to handle C.C.'s need for pizza.
Yeah, agreed to that. =_='' (I think it probably will be one of the questions we won't get an answer)

And thanks for the link of Sound Episode translation you gave me. >_< But it so sad what C.C. said to Kallen about Lelouch won't involve any women that are truly important to him, so she is the least consider for Lelocu to be worried. And also the thing she said about the true meaning of loneliness TT_TT
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 00:52   Link #1508
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

It took me too long to post this. This thread is already taken over by Cheese-kun!
It makes me feel awkward to post this after all the Cheese-kun mania. ;p

Don't be that pessimistic.
I believe Taniguchi is the type of director that makes anime the way he likes, rather than to please the audience or to be educational. Basically, he loves Lelouch (shown in some interview last April, can't remeber which). And Suzaku is the type he detests (not clearly said, but he bashed him pretty hard in the picture drama in DVD9). I just don't see him making an ending that make himself feel bitter. If Suzaku is the last one standing, he will either feel totally miserable, filled with regret and emptiness, or is despised by all audiences except for the most rabid fangirls.

I will snap my Code Geass DVDs in half if Nunnally ended up with Suzaku. It disgusts me to think of this. For Suzaku to hold Nunnally's hand over Lelouch's dead body is no less than abduction. Sure, these two togather was what Lelouch wished. Was. I doubt if he will think this way after what happened at the cave. Not only because they are likely never going to make up, also because Suzaku proved himself to be untrustworthy. First off, he doesn't give a damn about Nunnally's feelings. Secondly, today he can put his revenge before Nunnally's safety; tomorrow he can put other things before Nunnally. Sure he cares about her, but that's nothing near his top priority list. If he's busy with his own business, Nunnally can die and rot somewhere for all he cares. Suzaku basically is an extremely selfish person full of himself. Every single thing he does (including fabulous thing like saving lives blahblahblah) was done solely to make himself feel good. (As told by Mao.) One may argue that Lelouch is about the same. But at least Lelouch knows what love is, and how it's giving without asking for return. Suzaku, in spite of being "experienced", only knows how to flirt.

Seeing how Ougi takes care of Kouzuki group (although he kept saying "Naoto, I'm not made for this Q_Q"), and looks after Kallen after Naoto died, I say even Ougi is more trustworthy than Suzaku. If Lelouch/Zero's last word is "please take care of my sister", I can see Ougi protecting her with all he's got for as long as it takes. (Of course he's not going to merry her or anything. It's like how he looks after Kallen.)
Quote:
Everyone will probably get a shot, but only one can win in the end. Why does that sound oddly like Highlander?

I don't think Lelouch is actually going to destroy Britannia completely, just take out the current ruling system by taking the Emperor down. I don't know if Lelouch going truly evil and then being killed would be sad exactly, but it would be both disappointing and infuriate me to no degree. I don't know how much of a danger of that happening there is though as it would simply prove Suzaku right about Lelouch which I don't see Taniguchi doing.
I demand a harem ending! Lelouch, don't break the girls' hearts! Become the emperor and merry them all! j/k

Lelouch is standing at the turn point of history. The world he's in is not ours. There's no democracy in his country, and perhaps time has come for it to change. I heard that in this month's Animedia, Producer Kawaguchi said "R2" stands for "R"s like "Return" and "Revolution". This is a good sign. (In Newtype, Taniguchi gave "Revenge" and "Reconstruction" for the "R"s.)

In the beginning of R2, they will show the world situation. EU is at war with both Britannia and China. Although Britannia wants to crush EU, their defense line in El Alamein still holds firmly and Britannia isn't getting any progress. The relationship between Britannia and China isn't exactly friendly, either. The emperor of China has no actual power, and the high eunuchs are the ones actually grabbing the power. (Dann, your guess is right!) Lee sees this corruptness in China and is eagerly seeking to change his country. Schenizel's ambition will show in the future. Every country is filled with unstableness. The world is at war. It is not impossible to overturn Britannia.

At the end of S1, Lelouch, with all the power he holds (both the geass and the army), and all the fame and admiration he received, wasn't lost. He knows what is truly important to him. His one simple intention is to make a better world for Nunnally, and extended, a better world for the weak ones. This is one major difference between him and Light (although I really don't like Death Not comparisons). Light lost his original goal after having too much power in his hands, Lelouch has never forgotten.
From how Taniguchi portraits him, if, just if, he does die in the end, it will likely be in dignity and respected, at least he will be in content. I just don't see a swimming lesson coming.

Don't worry about Lelouch's mental status. One of the key points of R2 is "to make Lelouch a charming person, this will not be changed", as told in Animage. (And by "charming" here it's not referring to becoming attractive to girls in the show, but to be more likable to us audiences.)

(It's Chinese New Year and everything imported is being held at the customs! >< I really want to get these magazines since no one's scanning the interview pages.)
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 00:58   Link #1509
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
Yeah, agreed to that. =_='' (I think it probably will be one of the questions we won't get an answer)

And thanks for the link of Sound Episode translation you gave me. >_< But it so sad what C.C. said to Kallen about Lelouch won't involve any women that are truly important to him, so she is the least consider for Lelouch to be worried. And also the thing she said about the true meaning of loneliness TT_TT
Don't trust a single thing C.C. and Lelouch say about themselves, they're chronic liars whenever they have to deal with their own feelings.

So when C.C. says "it's just a contract", that means for her it's quickly escalating into being far from just a contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Seeing how Ougi takes care of Kouzuki group (although he kept saying "Naoto, I'm not made for this Q_Q"), and looks after Kallen after Naoto died, I say even Ougi is more trustworthy than Suzaku. If Lelouch/Zero's last word is "please take care of my sister", I can see Ougi protecting her with all he's got for as long as it takes. (Of course he's not going to merry her or anything. It's like how he looks after Kallen.)
I dunno, wouldn't you say that Ougi qualifies as the absolutely most trustyworthy person Lelouch knows in the Black Knights? Ougi is basically the only guy in the entire organization who somehow manages to understand Lelouch (like his line about never being able to treat allies like chess pieces in 11), who can be trusted to not fall into crazy reverse-racism (and nearly married a Britannian), who knew Lelouch was in trouble in 25, and in a lot of ways has the same "I suck", self sacrificing kind of attitude Lelouch has.
Old 2008-02-13, 02:33   Link #1510
Stretch5920

Quote:
So when C.C. says "it's just a contract", that means for her it's quickly escalating into being far from just a contract.
tsundere behaviour
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 02:39   Link #1511
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
A better question is how she didn't get incredibly fat from eating all that pizza. I'm sure Lelouch's financials were enough to handle C.C.'s need for pizza.

On that note, if Lelouch did forget about Nunnally wouldn't he wonder why there is a section full of girl's clothes in his home? Unless Rollo took care of it all.
This is classic.

Whoever messed with his memory (if that's what happened) should have taken care of Nunnally's stuff. Also, when there's no wheelchair girl to begin with, there's no reason for Lelouch to live in the clubhouse. It's more likely for him and Rollo to move to boy's dorm.
Rollo seems like an easy prey for bullies. If the Lamperouge Brothers live in the clubhouse to show they are so special, I can imagine him getting picked on even more often. Maybe not getting beaten up thanks to the student council behind him, but at least he'd be pretty much isolated in class.

Quote:
Don't trust a single thing C.C. and Lelouch say about themselves, they're chronic liars whenever they have to deal with their own feelings.

Standard Tsundere! "I... I didn't prepare this lunchbox for you. I just happened to cooked enough to make an extra one, and it's a waste to throw it away. Don't be mistaken!"
Quote:
I dunno, wouldn't you say that Ougi qualifies as the absolutely most trustyworthy person Lelouch knows in the Black Knights? Ougi is basically the only guy in the entire organization who somehow manages to understand Lelouch (like his line about never being able to treat allies like chess pieces in 11), who can be trusted to not fall into crazy reverse-racism (and nearly married a Britannian), who knew Lelouch was in trouble in 25, and in a lot of ways has the same "I suck", self sacrificing kind of attitude Lelouch has.
Ah. I didn't notice connection of the self sacrificing attitude.
True. He's probably the most trustworthy person in the show. ;)
And there's the line about his fury against Britannia is true, and one who knows fury would understand sorrow.
Although I always wondered how he managed to see through Lelouch. Maybe it's the instinct of a teacher. (Then he might have already found that Zero is pretty young.)

I think the luckiest thing for Lelouch is to have Ougi around, and fully backing him up. Of course genius in public affairs like Diethard is important too. But it's Ougi that's keeping OotBK running smoothly. I always hoped Lelouch would open up to him more. He's the only one that might give him some nice advice as a senior (instead of evil ideas like Diethard XD).
I hope he didn't survive many death flags for nothing, and we'll see more of him in R2.

Death flag- Things you shouldn't do before an important battle: say "I'm getting married after this", "I have something important to tell you after I return", "look, this is my baby, he just learned how to walk", kiss someone goodbye, show/look/talk to photos of beloved ones, etc. Soldiers who do so have like an 90% chance of not returning. Yet Ougi survived after doing more than one of the above. XD

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-02-13 at 04:17.
Old 2008-02-13, 03:22   Link #1512
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

New magazine photo!
About Rivalz and his bike
Translation-
Through the improvement of Rivelz's maintainence skills, his bike got a boost in spec too. Lelouch's brother, Rollo, is having a ride on it. It seems that he took it out of the campus without asking him. Poor Rivalz!

C.C.: undressing (same as before), (same as pervious), comic
Translation-
(top part about Zero's new design.)
Now it's separated. The coat is tuxedo style. There are delicate decoration on the sleeve.

(comic)
C.C.: Since now I'm Zero's wife, that makes me the leader of the OotBK! We had promises (that kiss), and we're gonna have a baby (through that kiss)!
Diethard: Leave it to me! (Is ready to babysit.)
Lelouch: Whaaaat?
Old 2008-02-13, 04:16   Link #1513
andr1us

Quote:
New magazine photo!
Translation-
Through the improvement of Rivelz's maintainence skills, his bike got a boost in spec too. Lelouch's brother, Rollo, is having a ride on it. It seems that he took it out of the campus without asking him. Poor Rivalz!

Translation-
Now it's separated. The coat is tuxedo style. There are delicate decoration on the sleeve.

(comic)
C.C.: Since now I'm Zero's wife, that makes me the leader of the OotBK! We had promises (that kiss), and we're gonna have a baby (through that kiss)!
That's good one, i wish some parts from this comic would become true: like C.C. becoming Lulu's wife
andr1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 06:45   Link #1514
lightbringer
M9000

But actually C.C. taking over temporarily would make sense. OotBK have taken orders from her before after all.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 09:20   Link #1515
C.C.
Gray Witch

Quote:
New magazine photo!
(comic)
It would be wonderful! *__* That comic is very amusing! XD
Old 2008-02-13, 09:58   Link #1516
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
New magazine photo!
Translation-

Translation-

(comic)
Thief, naysayer, Rivalz hater, we can have you arrested for that!!!

Kid shows up for one dang year and he thinks he can take anything he wants, he really is Lelouch's brother!!

Oh, and I can so see Diethard babysitting Lelouch and C.C's love child... but getting pregnant through a kiss? I mean I've heard of hugging but... well id anyone can do it, it's probably C.C

BTW, what's Kallen saying about this whole mess? She's got some Kanji above her and a look of absolute shock!
Old 2008-02-13, 10:18   Link #1517
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
New magazine photo!
Translation-

We kinda expected Rollo's action Until the day when Lulu niisan buys him a bike since he has so much for C.C's pizza supply

Quote:
(comic)
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 12:21   Link #1518
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Standard Tsundere! "I... I didn't prepare this lunchbox for you. I just happened to cooked enough to make an extra one, and it's a waste to throw it away. Don't be mistaken!"
Ah. I didn't notice connection of the self sacrificing attitude.
True. He's probably the most trustworthy person in the show.
And there's the line about his fury against Britannia is true, and one who knows fury would understand sorrow.
Although I always wondered how he managed to see through Lelouch. Maybe it's the instinct of a teacher. (Then he might have already found that Zero is pretty young.)
I dunno, I mean after what happened in 24? The woman he loves shoots him, and he just responds "I see...so your memories have returned". >_> It's not quite Lelouch's way of thinking (it's more of a "go ahead, I'm incompetent" than "go ahead, I'm evil"), but it still amounts to the same "don't blame yourself, blame me" attitude.

Quote:
New magazine photo!
Translation-
Through the improvement of Rivalz's maintainence skills, his bike got a boost in spec too. Lelouch's brother, Rollo, is having a ride on it. It seems that he took it out of the campus without asking him. Poor Rivalz!
Curse you Rollo! Curse you for taking the one thing that made Rivalz even slightly involved with the plot!

I swear, the show hasn't even started and Rollo and Arthur are already breaking my heart. ;_;

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-02-13 at 12:42.
Old 2008-02-13, 12:22   Link #1519
KrimzonStriker

Well, it wouldn't be Code Geass if we didn't get characters we love to hate
Old 2008-02-13, 16:01   Link #1520
CJL13
God of his own ego

I guess the part of the trailer where Rollo takes his helmet off is part of that joyride.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote