AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-23, 09:19   Link #1521
erdii

so anime doesn't really follow anime. these last episodes made me give up on the anime and I was about to never read the light novel. if it is true they are different then I will give LN a chance. ı hope there isn't anything like the last few episodes in the anime in LN.
Old 2013-12-23, 14:21   Link #1522
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
so anime doesn't really follow Light Novel. these last episodes made me give up on the anime and I was about to never read the light novel. if it is true they are different then I will give LN a chance. ı hope there isn't anything like the last few episodes in the anime in LN.
Spoiler for some differences between anime and novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-12-24 at 05:38. Reason: Placed the whole comment behind the spoiler tag
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:29   Link #1523
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
Spoiler for some differences between anime and novel:
Is that true that
Spoiler for question:
Old 2013-12-27, 01:46   Link #1524
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I was going to gush about how much I liked the direction the show went in the past ~3 episodes and yes, even the ending, but then I read the last few pages.
Still drinking the Waters of Cynicism, huh guys?

Oh, also KENN is a godly actor and I would kill to see him in more Generic-Male-Lead roles because he can actually play them properly unlike 90% of seiyuu who play these characters.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 08:38   Link #1525
blewin

finally got to sit down and finish watching it. well, regardless of the plot holes, I'm quite satisfied with the ending. I guess I'm just biased since it's my favourite anime studio and my favourite voice actor doing the show. Not too bad. Now I'm gonna go catch up with the LN. Hopefully we'll get to see a second season soon!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 00:49   Link #1526
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
This was the most stupidest ending I have seen in a while in any show.. Well except maybe Kamisama's. First Mirai disappears and supposedly dies and then she just magically appears out of nowhere, with absolutely no explanation whatsoever.
Old 2014-01-06, 16:01   Link #1527
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I've heard some very interesting things about Beyond the Boundary. When I watched it for myself, there were things I liked, things I disliked, and things I absolutely. Cannot. Stand. More thoughts below...
TL;DR…
Length
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by Akito Kinomoto; 2014-01-06 at 18:02. Reason: switched to TLDR tag instead of spoiler
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 19:13   Link #1528
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ And that's adapting just a portion of the first volume. For that perfect pacing, you may need 36 episodes for the first two volumes of the light novels. But that's impossible.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 19:58   Link #1529
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ And that's adapting just a portion of the first volume. For that perfect pacing, you may need 36 episodes for the first two volumes of the light novels. But that's impossible.
Indeed that would most likely never happen. I wouldn't mind seeing it if they decide to revisit it once the source material finishes but who knows when that'll happen.

I feel that the material is good enough that a decent adaptation would be pretty good, but the KnK we got just isn't cutting it for me.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 20:04   Link #1530
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
The portion of the first volume that they adapted (2/3) consists of roughly 5 episodes of material in the series. The other 7 are anime original. If they did a more accurate adaptation it'd have only taken at most 9 episodes. According to the translator they've only used material from the first volume too. The terrible pacing is pretty much because they decided to make all the changes they did for the anime adaptation.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 11:12   Link #1531
Miraluka
Banned

First volume sales:

BD: *3,6** 境界の彼方
DVD: 1,7** 境界の彼方

I think it bombed.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 11:16   Link #1532
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For a KyoAni show, pretty much.
It is still "better" than Nichijou, although it managed to get worse than Tamako Market on he BD sales alone. That said, BD/DVD together, KnK is "slightly" better.

However, in term of sales, it is basically breaking even. Usually, you just need to reach the manabi line (aprox 3-4K units).
Old 2014-01-14, 13:14   Link #1533
dark-kyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
For a KyoAni show, pretty much.
It is still "better" than Nichijou, although it managed to get worse than Tamako Market on he BD sales alone. That said, BD/DVD together, KnK is "slightly" better.

However, in term of sales, it is basically breaking even. Usually, you just need to reach the manabi line (aprox 3-4K units).
vol 1 of kyokai no kanata have a event ticket,expect drop in vol2,you can see in high dvd sales,people buy the cheapest to get the ticket.
dark-kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 19:11   Link #1534
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
They have probably broken even already. Take note that KyoAni has their own shop for purchasing their merchandise and they are known for not revealing their sales figures. For all we know, they might have fans buying the BDs straight from the shop.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 19:33   Link #1535
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
First volume sales:

BD: *3,6** 境界の彼方
DVD: 1,7** 境界の彼方

I think it bombed.
If you see the rest of the sales for the fall shows, it still did so much better
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 01:59   Link #1536
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
They have probably broken even already. Take note that KyoAni has their own shop for purchasing their merchandise and they are known for not revealing their sales figures. For all we know, they might have fans buying the BDs straight from the shop.
Even more than this, they are the top of the production committee so get a much more substantial take of the proceeds than most other anime studios would get for your average sub-contract work, not to mention they also publish the novels and get a cut of all merchandise sales whether sold through their store or not. So in that sense, even if the sales volume were less, they have substantially more to gain than your usual scenario.
Old 2014-01-22, 06:38   Link #1537
Aquifina

I thought the two leads were likable, and they had great chemistry. But the plot was a real mess as so many others have pointed out. I still enjoyed it, but I doubt I'd rewatch any EPs.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 02:15   Link #1538
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Hello today I just see all episode and so...................... Yeah I like this anime, OP and ED really beautiful.

But I confess to being a little disappointed with the end.. ^^"

my note : 6/10
Old 2014-03-09, 03:54   Link #1539
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so.....recently I finished this anime

it's actually little hard to finish this anime because it has a very good beginning... then we met episode 6.... after that everything is little messed-up

for me, Mirai is unpopular character... I would 1000% prefer Mitsuki and Ai than her
Mirai's personality is little bad.... well, she managed to be a cool person when she's saving Sakura and also she's sacrificing herself for Akihiko

for plot... honestly I don't mind about every original stuffs anime put in the anime
the battle is also beautiful... and a gloomy setting is suitable for the anime
*including episode 6.... I'm very okay with it*
however, there are too many problem with pacing.. and several plot holes

It's little hard for me to judge this series
Maybe if Mitsuki got explored more or somehow could be Mirai's love rival, then I might give a better score
8/10.... because of Yakuzoku no Kizuna and beautiful art
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 05:49   Link #1540
bastek66

Do you remember Ai's nude picture that "briefly" was seen in one episode?
There was few fanart renditions
NSFW
lewd
Heh, Kyoani put it on BD as an official art
NSFW
lewd

Tags
blood magic, demons, seinen, supernatural, tragic past