AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-27, 18:56   Link #861
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
By the people in the opening I assume we're talking about Nekomimi loli and Blonde loli that sparred with Tina in this episode? Dead!?
Yep. Rule of thumb. A loli dies every arc/volume except in volume 2. I think the wizard girl died along with her partner.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 19:22   Link #862
AP24

Can't wait to see the nekomimi loli, and she's voiced by Yui Ogura.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 19:26   Link #863
t1nch09

Just wondering

guys, i was wondering where do you read the novels?
btw, don't tell me BS, cuz i was speaking of vol2+

Thank You!

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-27 at 21:20. Reason: removed link
t1nch09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 20:25   Link #864
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Sadly there is no English translation for now, since black bullet isn't a popular LN. There is no English version of vol 2 and everything else after that. There are spoilers for events later on in the series in the forum, but the anime probably is going to skip or remove or downgrade it. Such as in the novel the entire Tokyo area was in a state of complete panic when the monolith was about to fall, but episode 8 did not show you how incredibly panicking they were. In the novel it described the streets as full of protestors and unrest, but that was not in the anime. In short people who don't have the necessary second language is stuck with the shitty anime version until someone translate the novels.

Spoiler for Anime:

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-27 at 21:21.
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 21:54   Link #865
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

^
Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 22:14   Link #866
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
^
Spoiler:
That's because practically no one knows how it really went in the LN. The only difference I could tell was that Rentaro threw a molotov cocktail instead of a grenade.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 22:42   Link #867
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That's because practically no one knows how it really went in the LN. The only difference I could tell was that Rentaro threw a molotov cocktail instead of a grenade.
Molotov instead of flashbang? How could Molotov blind her?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 22:50   Link #868
cloud04
Scanlator

seems the manga will only cover vol 1 ._.
Old 2014-05-27, 23:24   Link #869
balongbitz
Ordinary Bystander

Who's going to die in volume 3?
Old 2014-05-27, 23:53   Link #870
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by balongbitz View Post
Who's going to die in volume 3?
It's easier to say who's not going to die...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 00:46   Link #871
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep_ping View Post
Somehow I have a very bad feeling regarding this whole defend Tokyo Area operation, The goverment is pretty much asking the Civil Security to commit suicide so they can put the new Monolith in place and if the spoilers I´ve read are at least 50% accurate this battle is going to be a one way trip to hell.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 02:59   Link #872
balongbitz
Ordinary Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep_ping View Post
maybe i should change my question to "Who are the named characters that will die in volume 3"
Old 2014-05-28, 05:42   Link #873
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Spoiler for Survivors:

Everyone else in the front line is going to die a horrible and bloody death
Old 2014-05-28, 05:47   Link #874
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
Spoiler for Anime:
I can blame most of this for Kadokawa's incompetence. They are known for screwing up good light novel and manga adaptions that have great anime potential while putting priority in larger titles where the writing isn't that great. Case in point, Kadokawa's handling with Deadman Woderland where they decided to cover up to chapter 21 from the manga with only a one-cour series. Likewise, Kadokawa decided to give Black Bullet a one-cour treatment while it could have been given a 2-cour treatment covering up to volume 6 while decided to give Mahouka a 2-cour treatment instead (another light novel based series where I personally found the writing to be much worse than Sword Art Online).

Thus being said, all hopes are not lost for Black Bullet's anime and light novels. If by any chance thing goes well, it could be a "sleeper hit" in America. Using the Deadman Wonderland example, the anime itself didn't do as well in Japan, but did significantly better in United States (and even enjoyed high viewer ratings that rivaled Bleach in terms of views when it was aired in Toonami). Sentai Filmworks did license the anime for home video release as well. So if by any chance the Crunchyroll, Hulu, and the Anime Network streaming view numbers are good enough, they might even give Black Bullet a special limited premium collector's edition and an English dub as well (note that Sentai Filmwork's dubbing decisions are mostly based on streaming numbers data, which is an objective data, but some of their dubbing decisions are subjective as well). In relating to dubs, Sentai Filmworks is one of the best companies to dub lolis when it comes to anime and Black Bullet definitely has a lot of lolis.

I could see Yen Press picking up the light novel for U.S. printing. In addition, I can easily see Black Bullet anime being aired in Toonami in North America (and if you never heard of the Toonami programming block, then are definitely missing out a lot of things, unless if you aren't from the United States, then I'll understand). Black Bullet is a grimdark action and sci-fi series, and Toonami is known mostly to air action and sci-fi anime where some of the titles have relatively dark themes. Toonami's viewer demographics mostly consist of male teenagers and adults, and Black Bullet happens to be aimed for the said demographic. In fact, Sentai Filmworks have recently stated that they have expressed interest to air one of their shows in Toonami and I feel Black Bullet is a good title for Toonami to pick up as the first Sentai Filmworks anime in Toonami.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2014-05-28 at 05:58.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 05:53   Link #875
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Spoiler for Survivors:

Everyone else in the front line is going to die a horrible and bloody death
All of them (7985) are the JSDF right?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 06:00   Link #876
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
All of them (7985) are the JSDF right?
Most of the forces who fought in the frontline were Tokyo's military. The rest were Civil Security officers.

Spoiler for The battle:

Even if some of the characters survive, the author finds way to put them through suffering. Remember, this is an existentialist work, and one of the main themes of existentialism is that suffering is part of life and life is suffering.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 06:03   Link #877
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Most of the forces who fought in the frontline were Tokyo's military. The rest were Civil Security officers.

Spoiler for The battle:

Even if some of the characters survive, the author finds way to put them through suffering. Remember, this is an existentialist work, and one of the main themes of existentialism is that suffering is part of life and life is suffering.
It's all good if only the irrelevant nameless side characters die in that battle.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 06:35   Link #878
AP24

So vol 4 is a good place to end this anime season. After the battle what rewards or achievements did each survivor get?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 08:06   Link #879
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Nothing, everyone got a rise in ip rank, and Rentaro got the nickname "savior of Tokyo" (which he really dislikes), but nothing solid or important that is actually worth the sacrifice.
Spoiler for Too bad:
Old 2014-05-28, 08:16   Link #880
Breimoon

Quote:
Nothing, everyone got a rise in ip rank, and Rentaro got the nickname "savior of Tokyo" (which he really dislikes), but nothing solid or important that is actually worth the sacrifice.
Spoiler for Too bad:
wait,
Spoiler for r:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko