AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-05, 10:27   Link #7121
Ritzu07

well i like the yukino and hachiman train scene more but sadly they rushed this episode damn it...

also it nice to hear the s1 opening song.
Ritzu07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 10:35   Link #7122
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Almost everyone is complaining about the pacing and I'm like...
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 11:13   Link #7123
lelouch12

well Feel did a great job in hiding the true owner's behind those memorandums, still its up to debate i guess?
Old 2015-06-05, 11:14   Link #7124
IceHism

All the rushing comments always confuse me.
The first season was really rushed as well...
And its not like animation is some sort of superior storytelling than novels.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 11:27   Link #7125
nicoshitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Spoiler for Volume 11 Cover:
Best cover so far! I love it. But why is Yui so sad? Looks like shit is going down.
nicoshitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 11:33   Link #7126
cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
What happened to the art style of the anime(episode 10). Its not bad, but did they change it or did I go senile

Edit: nevermind, 3 minutes in and I realized its from season 1, what the hell is wrong with my streaming site, posting wrong episode
Ha, just a silly prank from Commie subs. I fell for it too, since I'm normally too hyped around this time to read titles or anything.

Anyways, something about the pacing of episode 10 just ruined everything for me. Since it skips from one scene to another, the characters don't feel real anymore. It's like the anime degenerated into a simple harem of girls all taking turns at Hachiman. The transitions from one scene to another are non-existent, they just plop you right into the action of another big moment. It doesn't work at all. You can't just cut out all the "slower" parts without consequences, high's can only exist when low's do.

Not sure why they had to rush everything at the end. Is it really the end of the world if Volume 10 were left out? There's plenty of material to adapt instead, no need to give us this fast-forwarded, frankenstein mess of an episode.
cord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 11:43   Link #7127
IndexOfIdeas

So we know all know that studio FEEL is a passenger of SS iroha x 8man

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 00:56   Link #7128
fireblazerx17

About discussing the show and its small romantic elements

Pretty much ditto what was said earlier: I prefer to talk about the non-romantic relationship/philosophy/psychology/sociology/social psychology elements of the series since I find that's what this series does especially well. There are literally hundreds of rom-coms and harems and well, this is kind of a parody of rom-coms, so it just feels odd to treat it like one.

About the episode being rushed

Also ditto that the episode felt rushed (a lot of people said this), but I'm trying to be tolerant and understanding. It's really difficult producing and adapting anime and while I certainly would have preferred it to be less rushed, there's a myriad of reasons for which they could have decided to handle things the way they did. I was a little bit salty too because I wanted to see the Yui scenes fully adapted but it's whatever, I'm pretty much over it. (hey, just because I don't *focus* on shipping wars doesn't mean I don't have a favorite female character! I like Yukino and Iroha too though, I didn't like how Yukino was a bit too cold-hearted and Iroha was way too fake at first, but they both changed a bit and now I think they're great, respectable characters =P in fact, in a way, Yui has had little character development compared to them...)

Even when rushed, the quality of the animation and voice acting is great overall. I laughed a bit when Tamanawa or whatever his name is started moving his hands around. I felt like it was our last time we'd get to see him do that, which I'm fine with, but I couldn't help but crack up haha.

About the game announcement

The game announcement is great and I'm definitely going to get that, even though I pretty much know nothing about it at this point, haha. I need something to fill in the void of no more Oregairu anime; I'm really going to miss this. I love the deep insight it gives, the believable character interactions, Hachiman's silly or deep truth commentary, Yukino's little insults, Yui's silliness, and even characters like Hayama, Ebina, and Miura are a lot more than they seem, which is awesome because they seemed like kind of shallow characters in the beginning, but I guess that shows just how easy it is to judge someone before you get to know them. XP

About FEEL and how they might seem "biased" in the eyes of fans who only care about the romantic pairings, but I really don't think they are

I know I just gushed a bit, but there is one more topic I want to discuss, which is that it doesn't feel like FEEL is trying to push any one female character/please any one female fan base. Rather, I find that they try to adapt what they feel to be actually important.

Take this episode: the Yui scene was cool but not very deep in terms of character development. The Yukino train scene was also good but again, it pretty much just showed that Yukinon has changed how she feels about Hikki in that he isn't simply a nuisance forced into the clubroom anymore; she is, at least in a sense, welcoming him to continue to be a part of her life in the new year, as opposed to pushing him away. This is a bit of development for Yukinon. (Also, trying to speak objectively here, her genuine smile is done really well/beautifully by FEEL; they really get across that feeling of "radiance" the LN tries to describe, IMO.)

Going off poor memory here, but the only other scenes with any real hint of romance were the train scene with Iroha and the talk before she goes out where Hikki watches her from behind. However, while they DID spend more time on these, these scenes are very important for Iroha.

Iroha's two major scenes in this episode... that I remember

1) Iroha has a heart-to-heart talk of sorts with Hikki and it feels like her tears this time are a little bit more real too. She actually tries to hold them back instead of coming off as the helpless cute girl who cries to get people's attention/sympathy. And it really does feel like she's changed. She also seems to actually have some level of respect for Hachiman now--like I can't see her revealing what Hachiman said to anyone, because she was not only moved, but actually values her relationship with Hachiman enough to not consider doing something like that. In other words, this is important character development for Iroha, who just got heartbroken; and WHY she confessed, and the things she said towards the end (acting "foxy" again) are also related to this character development

2) It felt like it wasn't really brushed upon in the anime but IIRC the LN had a bit more focus on Iroha really stepping up to the role of being student council president and leading the others. During the event they conveyed this not only through the montage but with the scene with Hikki where they're talking and you can tell she's actually invested in it and nervous and she's kind of taking it seriously, and she even gives proper orders to Hachiman about what to do, which is why Hikki calls her "prez" and watches as she walks; it's to show that she's standing on her own two feet now, even if she's still getting help, and it means she's also growing as a person. This is right after being hurt too, so if anything, she's bouncing back stronger, and I'm guessing Hachiman acknowledges this and perhaps praises her in his head (I don't know, would have to check the LN lol).

My conclusion

In other words, the amount of time spent on scenes is generally determined more by how important it is to the character development/development of relationships, and less by how important it is to developing relationships. I can't say for sure so you will have to decide on your own, but perhaps we are just getting carried away and we FEEL that X or Y character is being favored by the animation studio, which I understand can feel a bit disappointing, but it's actually all in our heads. who knows =P

actual tl;dr--I don't think FEEL is supporting anyone, it's just that when adapting the LN, they put more emphasis on character development scenes, and sometimes those happen to have romantic elements. that's my opinion~

Last edited by fireblazerx17; 2015-06-06 at 01:02. Reason: organizing the post a bit
fireblazerx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 04:17   Link #7129
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Excor just released chapter 1 of vol 6.5

Thank you!
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 04:40   Link #7130
Triok123

just ch1 of vol 6.5.....MiuraxHikki anyone?XD

thank you Excor!!!
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 08:14   Link #7131
JDFUdude

Spoiler:

These girls are beyond territorial with Hikki
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 08:25   Link #7132
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFUdude View Post
Spoiler:

These girls are beyond territorial with Hikki
Yeah, that was even before Iroha was introduced.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 08:40   Link #7133
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Hikigaya-kun Hikki© is a trademark of the Yukinoshita&Yuigahama Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 08:43   Link #7134
JDFUdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
Yeah, that was even before Iroha was introduced.
And towards Iroha is worst since she likes to tease senpai in front of the tiger and the wolf. With other girls they're just subtly (somewhat) jealous but when it involves Isshiki one can feel the uneasiness and nervousness of Yui, as if fearing she'll lost something hers and the cold, reprimanding glare of Yukino, as if something already in her property did something wrong.
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 09:00   Link #7135
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
All the rushing comments always confuse me.
The first season was really rushed as well...
And its not like animation is some sort of superior storytelling than novels.
Lol i agree with you, don't know why there are complaints like this either, heck the studio made the adaptation a good one imo compared to other light novels wherein only a portion of a light novel was shown because of how slow the pacing is... Funny that some LN readers are too picky in terms of adaptation, just simply appreciate that they did a great job on this one.. Since Imo they did justice when it comes to the adaptation of the Light novel..
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2015-06-06, 09:46   Link #7136
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoshitt View Post
Best cover so far! I love it. But why is Yui so sad? Looks like shit is going down.
My prediction: 8man is going to reject her for Yukino.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 10:58   Link #7137
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Yui feeling cornered with the discovery of Yukinoshita and 8-man's possible attraction for each other, gets desperate and confesses to him. He rejects her and reveals that she loves Yukinoshita. Yui in retaliation will steal his bag.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 11:04   Link #7138
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
Here is mine: Yuigahama is going to find the oblong plastic pouch(if the important thing were included in the anime, this should have some impact later) during her a visit/sleepover at Yukino's. Yuigahama on the cover looks like she's in a dilemma (板挟み) since she loves them both.

Btw, does anyone remember this?
In Volume 5, chapter 6, Yukino was supposedly going for the sciences according to Yuigahama (following Haruno), while in Volume 10, chapter 7, she decides on the liberal arts (following 8man?). I wonder when that actually happened, or whether she decided on the spot when 8man asked her.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 11:13   Link #7139
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
Yui feeling cornered with the discovery of Yukinoshita and 8-man's possible attraction for each other, gets desperate and confesses to him. He rejects her and reveals that she loves Yukinoshita. Yui in retaliation will steal his bag.

... and later she finds out that in the bag was a love letter to Hachiman that Iroha slipped in without anyone noticing with a huge writing on the front THIS IS A TEST, a thick manuscript signed by someone called Master Swordsman and a photo album full of Totsuka pictures titled The Totsuka Memories in golden glittery fonts.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 11:13   Link #7140
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
Pretty much but that's something people knows from long time, why people insist on trying to force Yui-8man if everyone knows she's already in friendzone, same as Iroha (even when I like her more than Yukino).

The LN is very predictable, and it's obvious Yukino already won the heart of 8man from long time.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck