AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 04:46   Link #8241
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Interesting, never thought of it that way.
Old 2014-03-21, 08:41   Link #8242
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For example: We started on Arygos. While I only have six characters, they kept making more and more alts. Over the years they transfered all their horde characters to the Alliance so they could have any tool set for the guild plus get certain achievements that unlock stuff.

I kept two characters on the horde side and kept that side's guild alive.

When Arygos and Llane merged, my guildmates started making or server transfering Horde side characters from other servers to Llane and rejoined our old horde guild that way effectively allowing them to have ten characters per faction on one "server".
Old 2014-03-21, 09:51   Link #8243
GDB

Can different servers join the same guild, assuming said servers are connected? If so, anyone happen to play on Azgalor or its associated linked servers?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 10:46   Link #8244
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Azgalor is connected to Azshara, Destromath, and Thunderlord of the US servers.

I have people from both Arygos and Llane in my guild.

I was going to ask who got stuck with Moon Guard, but it looks like they are keeping them seperate for now.
Old 2014-03-22, 09:17   Link #8245
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Proudmoore is still separate I think as well.
Old 2014-03-22, 16:19   Link #8246
Westlo
Lets be reality

They aren't going to merge the already legit big servers. The idea is to make all the crappy low and mid pop realms into servers nearly as good as the big ones like Illidan, Proudmoore, Frostmourne etc.

Though if they ever merge Frostmourne I hope they do it with Barthilas. The #1 Oceanic Realm dominated by Alliance combined with the #2 Oceanic Realm dominated by Horde, the fuckery that would create would be awesome.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 17:00   Link #8247
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They aren't going to merge the already legit big servers. The idea is to make all the crappy low and mid pop realms into servers nearly as good as the big ones like Illidan, Proudmoore, Frostmourne etc.

Though if they ever merge Frostmourne I hope they do it with Barthilas. The #1 Oceanic Realm dominated by Alliance combined with the #2 Oceanic Realm dominated by Horde, the fuckery that would create would be awesome.
They should merge into larger servers. Smaller servers have none of the perks of large ones. There is no established community within a small server. People don't lead raids or form guilds. There is no economy because people don't make gold or sell items.

Putting small servers together is like pouring water into a toilet that is being flushed.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 01:18   Link #8248
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So I'm a little confused by this actually. If there's a guild that's connected to yours, but from a different server. Does that mean you can just join it? But how will you interact with them? Questing-wise and such? If anyone can clear this whole server-connecting to me I would appreciate it.

PS: I'm getting back into World of Warcraft so hence the question.
Old 2014-04-08, 12:26   Link #8249
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think you can join parties with people on your friends list even cross-server (Read ID stuff). I know my guild leader partied with a friend of hers from a different server so that friend could tame a rare pet as a hunter on out server.

Also the linking servers are more or less merged servers with extra character slots open. Arygos-Ilane for example is two linked servers that allow you to have 10 characters per server, but you can interact with all twenty on that combined server with no problems. It was a way my guildmates could a ton of characters of each class and race and still be on one account.

Other than that, not sure.
Old 2014-04-08, 13:04   Link #8250
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That all sounds like a big hassle to me. Yet it sounds like a good way for low-pop servers to still have fun. I noticed some interesting features compared to 2011 with the whole LF Guild tab, pets/mount tab, achievements linked to account instead of character/etc. Some very refreshing things that I'll experiment once I finally finish downloading this game.

So basically, just having the Battle.tag ID of someone can bring them to you. So you can quest together. Still sounds very confusing to me.
Old 2014-04-08, 13:31   Link #8251
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends on what you are trying to do.

I solo most of the time, so if I get into a group killing a rare mob in Pandaria, it just is who ever is there. Sometimes you can get people cross-server that are around, sometimes you just don't see them. Battle.tag ID does make it so you can just call on someone...but they still probably need to be at least on your side (Alliance or Horde) to get credit...unless its like a rare mob on the Timeless Isle...then anyone can get in on it. I've helped Horde kill stuff and sometimes they help me kill stuff. Just depends on the people and that it was a PVE server.

On a PVP server, the ganking would be massive. Even as it stands now, there is flag aoe ganking going on on Timeless Isle on PVE servers. Have a group flagged run around the rep farming areas and get yourselve hit by a farming group's aoe...instant PVP flagging turns into a ganker feast for five minutes. I have a feeling the ranged dps legendary cloak's extra damage aoe proc might hurt PVE players that want to avoid accidental pvp ganking by not aoe spamming. Not seen it happen yet, but I finished my farming before I got the legendary cloak.
Old 2014-04-08, 20:20   Link #8252
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I am actually interested in this expansion because of the number cut, maybe the game will feel refreshed. The game at the moment though must be very quiet? No new content for a long time I think?
Old 2014-04-08, 22:04   Link #8253
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The last patch note 5.4.7 was released February 18th. While Blizzard has been releasing screenshots and such of the new models for characters. Alpha testing for Warlords began 5 days ago.
Old 2014-04-09, 03:23   Link #8254
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Is it true that Blizz will remove flying from WoW? I have read about it by chance while browsing the D3 forums. Either remove it or heavily restrict it, can't remember clearly. As a former solo PvE carebear it would be a shame, especiaclly with Druid's flight form D:
Old 2014-04-09, 03:26   Link #8255
Mentar
Banned

As far as I've read, they will remove flying only for the new parts during questing. Once you're done and reached the level cap, you will be able to fly in the new parts, as well.

They've done the same in the past, too.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 03:45   Link #8256
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Basically no flying on the world of Draenor at launch. Likely due to the Iron Horde having air superiority or something like that. They will decide if they want to add it back in (via an event or military campaign I would think) in a later patch. Depending on reactions in Alpha and Beta of course.

You will still be able to fly on Azeroth and Outland.
Old 2014-04-09, 08:24   Link #8257
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

If they don't add flying into the new area's that would be amazing for WPvP I know a lot of my old wow friends would love that. I am guessing the new expansion pack is releasing at the start of summer or something?
Old 2014-04-09, 12:06   Link #8258
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wouldn't expect it until around November for the 10th Anniversary.
Old 2014-04-09, 12:54   Link #8259
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

You still playing Ithekro? Or do you just keep up with the new information?
Old 2014-04-09, 13:47   Link #8260
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was playing for a few hours a week until this week. Then I started playing Medieval Toal War 2 for some reason.

Was finishing my Legendary cloak quest chain. Getting my DK up to 90 and my priest to 61 for the level 90 boost to levels and professions. I finished all those. Also was selling a lot of low level stuff on the priest since he won't need it once he's level 90.

Then I was sort of working on Tiller rep for the DK so I'd have a fully functional farm on the Horde side of things. That DK doesn't even have main professions yet. Only cooking, first aid, and a touch of fishing.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows