AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-09-24, 11:26   Link #8401
Awrya
U mad?

I missed all of Pandaria and just recently reactivated my account to prepare for WoD.
Heroic dungeons are pretty much a joke at this point, but Blizzard decided to introduce Timeless Isle for players to gear up their alts.
Not sure why they decided to not make new dungeons for the new content, I felt that the WotLK and Cata dungeons introduced in the final content patch tied nicely into the story.
Going through Timeless Isle, after you looted chests on your character, Timeless Isle becomes just an ugly grind.
Killing thousands of mobs to get the reputation needed to advance the quest line is not fun.
Old 2014-09-24, 13:38   Link #8402
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I've done about half a dozen quests on that island on my main, less on my alts. I use it just to loot the damn chests and go straight to LFR. Bugger grinding on that island. Oh, also do Ordos and the Celestials free loot and all that.

As for Heroics, the new ones in WoD scale your gear to the appropriate ilvl apparently. Like if you had say an ilvl of 540, it'd get scales back to 496 - like challenge modes. I could be wrong and it's just a beta thing, but i remember some guildies in the beta going on about something like that a month or so back. If it's true, well it would make heroics challenging I guess. Completely negate the point of getting gear though.
Old 2014-09-25, 15:56   Link #8403
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Beta dungeons and raids have always had some fixed-ilvl scaling (since MoP beta). This is so the devs can have a somewhat more accurate measure of balance.

However the beta (didnt get into WoD, played all the rest) have also always been plagued with... less than competent players (lack of easy access to mods doesnt help).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 02:06   Link #8404
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Why is it that the Pandarens in Pandaria treat me like an Alien when I'm a Pandaren ?

I know they said the Wandering Isles' Pandarens have lived separately from the rest of Pandaria but come on! I'm still big and furry! But the text still treats me like a generic humanoid.... >_>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 11:03   Link #8405
cyberdemon

6.0 going live today!
Old 2014-10-14, 14:06   Link #8406
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, having 1/10th of the hp that I had before feels weird

all of my gear got squash to 2 digit numbers lol

EDIT:

WHERE DID ALL MY JUSTICE GO ?!

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-10-14 at 14:20.
Old 2014-10-14, 15:12   Link #8407
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, having 1/10th of the hp that I had before feels weird

all of my gear got squash to 2 digit numbers lol

EDIT:

WHERE DID ALL MY JUSTICE GO ?!
Justice and Valor points are removed, the new currency will be Apexis Crystals.
6.0 going live tomorrow on European servers, I dread logging in tomorrow.

Can someone confirm whether Apexis Crystals are awarded for random heroic dungeons? Apparently the amount we can farm a day will be 800 in WoD, and items will cost 8k+.
Old 2014-10-14, 15:22   Link #8408
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I took screen shots of my gear and stats so I can compare after this day. Though I still need to purchase WoD before November.

I finally upgraded by computer and graphics card. I managed to run one of the wings of Throne of Thunder without any fps lag issues at High and probably could have gone Ultra. Prior to this I would get 1 - 2 fps on Primordious. Now it maintains over 60 fps.
Old 2014-10-14, 18:42   Link #8409
Mr Hat and Clogs

OH GOD THE HORROR.

Pandaria is as stable as a two legged chair on my server atm, was about to do UBRS on the Monk but it died in the ass. Not to sure about monk changes though.

On the plus, my (human female) warrior who was safely in SW has the most adorkable face when she tries to mount up. Shes concentrating way way to hard... but then again her INT is only 200.
Old 2014-10-14, 19:03   Link #8410
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hmm... I'm really tempted to buy a 6 month subscription by the end of this month. Just so I can enjoy Warlords of Draenor, then decide if I'll continue from there or not. I just checked my Paladin's stats on the armory. MY STATS!!! THEY GOT BUTCHERED!! Come here Perky! I need a hug!
Old 2014-10-14, 19:26   Link #8411
GDB

Just tried to do SoO Normal on my HPally. Got to Thok and the raid died. Looks like it'll be time to just get/buy a carry, because I don't want to waste another night just to have it fall apart.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 21:37   Link #8412
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ordos is getting his revenge for being a loot pinata for the last few months, he is apparently slaughtering raids.
Old 2014-10-14, 22:24   Link #8413
GDB

Also, I'm having to hoof it on Pandaria or use flight paths. They got rid of the free flying on dragons from raising your own hatchling (blanking on the faction name). Imagine my surprise when I went to fly and just had my dragon jump.
Old 2014-10-14, 22:47   Link #8414
Mr Hat and Clogs

They had free flying? Huh, news to me. I bought flying the first thing at 90.
Old 2014-10-14, 23:49   Link #8415
Mr Hat and Clogs

Oh also, Thunderfury is almost BIS again, hehe. The proc damage hasn't been scaled back, and DPS theorycrafters put it at just below Mythic weapons atm.
Old 2014-10-14, 23:51   Link #8416
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I didn't know about that, but then I just bought the flying as soon as possible, since the Main had gold form CATA left over.

The squish is extreme, as seen here with just the Black Prince's Legendary cloak for a warlock.

In perspective, last week I raided and Recount has this character doing a maximum damage from Chaos Bolt at over 800k while the leading Warlock in the raid was hitting for a max of over 2 million damage. (that one was overgeared compared to everyone else as that one average 311k dps to the next closest 174k dps). Today I hit a Ogre with a Chaos Bolt for over 20k damage.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2014-10-15 at 00:07.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 02:36   Link #8417
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, seeing the item squish in full action. It's far more refreshing to me now. Simply because seeing those big numbers get bigger and bigger, was getting pretty ridiculous.
Old 2014-10-15, 03:20   Link #8418
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Has anyone checked how small the numbers on the low level items are now ?
Old 2014-10-15, 05:09   Link #8419
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No, but I can imagine if a Legendary cloak has 40 armor at level 90....The first green cloak while leveling would be lucky to have 1 armor. And By level 60, maybe 20 armor on a epic.
Old 2014-10-15, 09:15   Link #8420
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
They had free flying? Huh, news to me. I bought flying the first thing at 90.
Not sure if it was always around or if it was added later. I didn't come into Pandaria until 5.4. It was the quest hub in Jade Forest where you raised a dragon, raced on it, etc. At the end you got a mount of the dragon you raised. Before 6.0, this gave you the ability to fly on those dragon mounts (but no other mount) in Pandaria. So it saved 4k per character, and after the third character you could sell the mount back to actually get 750g.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows