Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-06, 15:08   Link #81
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Gonna bump this to ask if the animation style is supposed to be like this or why are there these '' lines '' going through the screen. Can't explain it well but someone who has seen the series should know what I am talking about, unless there is problem with the files.
It's a while since I watched it but I don't recall noticing any issues - can you post a screencap (and approximate timestamp) that demonstrates the problem?
Old 2011-01-06, 20:08   Link #82
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
It was throughout the series, it's really hard to explain and I'm not sure if it would be properly visible in a screencap. Well, here is a screenshot regardless .. Focus on her hair and maybe you will see it more clearly.

As for the series itself, I just watched it anyway, all 13 episodes in one run. This reminded me a bit of Haibane Renmei where nothing particularly happened but I still liked the series alot and I don't even know why .. There's still two movies left but I'll leave those for tomorrow.

What was with that last episode though, Sakura and .. well the whole setting, it was as if it was Kino's life when she was young, excluding the brain modification thingy.
Old 2011-01-06, 20:13   Link #83
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Yeah, that's intentional. I wondered the same thing myself when I first watched it, actually.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 03:13   Link #84
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
What was with that last episode though, Sakura and .. well the whole setting, it was as if it was Kino's life when she was young, excluding the brain modification thingy.
Those "lines" are usually used to portray video playback in TV shows. I'm not sure why your clips would have them, since I don't recall seeing them in mine. I'd have to check again, though, as it has been a long time since I last watched Kino no Tabi.

As for your above question about Sakura, I don't understand your question. Yes, Sakura's story is deliberately meant to mirror Kino's own experience as a child. Parts of Kino's back story have already been hinted at in previous episodes. The last episode serves to tie up the various threads to provide a fitting finale for the series.

In a way, the last story is meant to show how fate can turn out very differently for different people even when they seem to face similar circumstances. Kino (or rather, the girl who would one day become Kino) was forced to flee her country because of circumstances but, in Sakura's case, she chose to stay in her country even though it would cost her life.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:04   Link #85
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Just check the post above with the picture in the link and you will see the lines I was talking about. Neat Hedgehog said though that they are apparently intentional, though it still puzzles me as to why have such lines there at all, intentional or not.
Old 2012-01-31, 17:13   Link #86
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
This series was a rare success for me - an "artistic" method of presentation of a series that actually works for me.

It was extremely subdued and almost minimalistic - especially the dialogue - and yet so often it felt as if so many of the phrases and reflections were filled with meaning: one only picked up on the meaning every once in a while. This kind of "artsy" style works for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed the series.

Definitely not for everyone though - I can easily see many people finding this to be boring, repetitive and tedious. But I really enjoyed it.

I am kinda interested to check out the light novel work on the series going on at baka tsuki now....
Old 2018-11-24, 02:17   Link #87
Mars Terra

I saw the remake of this series, I actually heard about the original before that one was coming out and intended to watch it. Everyone says that the original is better than the remake and so I figured I watch it sooner or later.

Episode 1-2:
Spoiler:

Episode 3:
Spoiler:

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.

Last edited by Mars Terra; 2018-11-24 at 23:23.
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen