Notices

Old 2006-10-05, 13:17   Link #1
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Tsubie
Magical Angel Creamy Mami

Hello people,
Since I see no master thread for Creamy Mami in this board, I've decided to create one myself. I've officially taken over Tofusensei on the management work and translation check of Creamy Mami so that we can finally finish off the series after it's 5 years run. Creamy Mami happens to L-E's oldest unfinished project and apart from Tofu being whacked to finish it by the L-E members everytime some of us meet up in real-life with him, this is the main reason why this series needs to be done with all the respect it deserves and completed ASAP. The reason why I ended up working on it is because gumbaloom promised me I could start subbing Legendary Idol Eriko once I've completed Mami for L-E. Yes, passionate translators get briber easily.

I've joined the project starting Episode 46, so far our progress has been:
(UPDATED)

Released:
2006-10-07 Creamy Mami 49
2006-10-06 Creamy Mami 48
2006-09-29 Creamy Mami 47
2006-09-19 Creamy Mami 46

Under Quality Checking:
Creamy Mami 50 - QC

Pre-encode stage:
Creamy Mami 51

Pre-editing & Karoake sync stage:
Creamy Mami 52

The increased release rate of one episode every ten days as compared to the previous one episode every six months guarantees a smooth finish. I'm thankful to the following people for helping us meet our Creamy Mami speed-release goal:

Creamy Mami Current Staff (w/o me):
bobby6 - my editor/qcfixer/victim I make her too much and she only keeps thanking me. Passionate fansubber.

Sindo - the ever so patient encoder and typesetter willing to do 6-7 re-encodes if necessary over a ten day period.

Kuren - who so kindly has timed all the OP/ED and inserts

Mitomi - karaoke stylist; the receiver of all the karaoke pain that take place in every single episode ~_~ (trust me, Mami has the awful history of 'the timing curse'. This being the main reason why the previous staff ran away. ).

WillowD, who joined L-E to helping getting Mami done is the one who convinved bobby and I to work on it. He pre-edited a couple of the episodes. bmfrosty has been the timer for Mami for sometime, thanks to him for getting all the timing work done beforehand.

QCers:
retrograde-inversion - Poor guy has to watch almost every single episode at least thrice cause he's the best and we hardly have any other working qcer. I'm impressed. If you get an episode passed by him, it means it's a work of art.

PlasticYakuza - Oh the great bishounen Plastic who always qcs Mami on my request, even though he is no qcer in general, and is another victim of too much Mami. Another person who does it strict. We wouldn't be where we are without him.

Syaoran-kun is on a worse bandwidth than me and has been here for Tsubasa Chronicle mainly, but he's been doing qcs on Mami too and making me happy.

*Tsubie <3 you all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if you've noticed or not but starting episode 46 we have included a new karaokes for both the opening and ending. Episode 48+ has yet more surprises for you.

My main reason for making this thread is to gain back the large no. of viewers we have lost due to the extremely frustrating past release rates. I know once Live-eviL had a large Mami fanbase and lots of people were leeching the episodes:

Our BT records show:

[L-E]Magical_Angel_Creamy_Mami_01-05_pack 754.75MiB 13264
[L-E]Magical_Angel_Creamy_Mami_06-10_pack 686.59MiB 4793
[L-E]Magical_Angel_Creamy_Mami_11-15_pack 712.87MiB 4116
[L-E]Magical_Angel_Creamy_Mami_16-20_pack 680.00MiB 3764
[L-E]Magical_Angel_Creamy_Mami_21-25_pack 534.76MiB 3243
[L-E]Magical_Angel_Creamy_Mami_26-30_pack 591.65MiB 3233
[L-E]Magical_Angel_Creamy_Mami_31-35_pack 715.63MiB 2742
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 36 184.47MiB 3562
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 37 196.39MiB 3104
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 38 191.41MiB 2947
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 39 177.18MiB 2886
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 40 167.80MiB 2875
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 41 164.30MiB 2684
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 42 180.25MiB 2517
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 43 177.85MiB 2594
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 44 147.22MiB 1513
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 45 196.99MiB 1231
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 46 202.23MiB 259
[Live-eviL] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - Ep 47 201.62MiB 772

This is rather depressing. We'd love to have those thousands of fans back. Please put your hope on Mami again because you can see, this time WE WON'T FAIL YOU.

A follow-up regarding the history of Creamy Mami will come shortly after we release the final episode. The day is not far away unless something happens to me. Even then, end of series by the end of this year is guaranteed.

-Tsubasa

Last edited by Tsubie; 2006-10-26 at 15:45.
Tsubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:23   Link #2
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
You could put some info what it's about because not all are familiar with it. Like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniDB.net

Title: Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami

Jap. Kanji: 魔法の天使 クリィミーマミ

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Magic - [similar]

Episodes: 52

Year: 1983-1984 (01.07.1983 till 29.06.1984)

Companies: Studio Pierrot

URL: http://pierrot.jp/title/mami/index.html

Morisawa Yuu is a 9 year old girl who lived in Creamy ga Oka. Her parents ran a crepe shop. One day she went to a race track and a magical ship came out of the sky. There was a little guy Pinopino who gave her a magic stick. He said that Yuu can use it for one year. He left two cat-like creatures Nega and Poji to look after Yuu. The magic stick allowed Yuu to transform into a 15 year old girl called Creamy Mami. Creamy Mami appeared at a TV studio and became a new idol after singing one song.
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:58   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubie
Creamy Mami happens to L-E's oldest unfinished project and apart from Tofu being whacked to finish it by the L-E members everytime some of us meet up in real-life with him, this is the main reason why this series needs to be done with all the respect it deserves and completed ASAP.
Yeah, that was kind of amusing at the fansubbing panel at Otakon 2006. I remember how utterly gobsmacked he was when someone brought up Creamy Mami.

Quote:
The reason why I ended up working on it is because gumbaloom promised me I could start subbing Legendary Idol Eriko once I've completed Mami for L-E. Yes, passionate translators get briber easily.
That Gumba is a master of staff control.

I'm looking forward to the end of Creamy Mami. This show deserves the kind of attention and dedication you are bringing to it. Good work!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 02:20   Link #4
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Quote:
That Gumba is a master of staff control.
Nope, he can't control me. He owes us $64 million remember that. More like Tofu was told he could only do Eriko once Mami starts so now it applies to me.

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-10-06, 09:07   Link #5
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Episode 48 Released

Live-eviL celebrates it's 600th release with the release of Creamy Mami Episode 48.

-Tsubasa

Last edited by Tsubie; 2006-10-26 at 15:50.
Old 2007-05-12, 13:55   Link #6
alpha-san

Hi there!
I'm one of those anime fans that never watch more than one episode of a series that isn't complete. And I really like Creamy Mami, having 51 episodes sitting here. So my question is, how much longer is the wait? If you at Live-eviL needs any kind of help upon releasing the last episode, please let me/us fans know.
Best of wishes from Sweden!
alpha-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 11:12   Link #7
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
OMG it's DONE

GO GET IT AT LONG LAST THE LIVE-EVIL MAMI CURSE IS LIFTED.

TODAY WE RELEASED MAMI 52 ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

-gumbaloom

PS You owe Tsubie your souls for making this happen. All hail the Tsubie.
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 15:40   Link #8
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

I personally am not a fan of the series but when you're given the responsibility of running a show, you kind of develop an attachment for it because of it's nature of importance to you. Yes, episode 52 at long last... after six? encodes. This episode was really really cursed and the circuit house at my home blew up today and I was without electricity at the hour I was actually planning to release this thing.

Anyways, all is well that ends well. It's very touching to finally get the shiny COMPLETE. *_*

/me wonders if Tofu will show up in the next few days.

The batch torrent is being prepared. Look forward to it and don't forget to read the readme text we're including there.

Thanks

-Tsubasa
Old 2007-05-31, 18:12   Link #9
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

ZOMG, MEOW!

=^_^+

The batch torrent sama is up.

/me fails L-E for forgetting to mention so on the front page of the site.

Episode 1-52 will shortly become available on Osiris and Elilin (bots) in our IRC channel as well as lolipower (DDL).

Special thanks to WillowD for taking care of the batch torrent and xdcc availability. (yes he is still uploading gigabyes of Mami)

-Tsubasa

Last edited by Tsubie; 2007-05-31 at 18:25.
Old 2007-06-01, 11:25   Link #10
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

I can't believe Creamy Mami has finally been fully subbed!

(I'm not saying that Live-Evil is incompetent; it's just that subbing (very) old series is very hard.)

I always loved 80's and 90's anime, as there lies the series I grew up with. Although I never saw this one, by just "browsing" some episodes I got that same "feeling". I'm looking forward to watch it.

Again, my special thanks and applauses to Live-Evil.

*applauds*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubie View Post
The reason why I ended up working on it is because gumbaloom promised me I could start subbing Legendary Idol Eriko once I've completed Mami for L-E. Yes, passionate translators get briber easily.
Heading on to Eriko, I hope?
Old 2007-07-13, 19:22   Link #11
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Heh, Live-evil is sure glad they got their hated curse out finally. Episode 52 gave me a lot of pain and once it was ready for release and someone unlazy... that'd be a non-gumbaloom person... posted torrent someone lazy was so darn determined to get the batch out for the public's creaming. I hope people been seeding it well.

Yes Tug episode 1 is in editing and editor needs be punched.

- Tsubasa
Old 2011-07-13, 23:27   Link #12
tyciol
*Artist

Lol so I saw this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5vLwC5In-o and it made me want to watch this anime.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote