AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-01, 00:09   Link #3481
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Harumi Fujita? Well, her only prominent appearance is in the "School Festival Arc" and nowhere else, so I don't think she will appear any time soon, especially since she's not involved in any conflict in the story.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 00:14   Link #3482
Flere821
Lurker

The other glasses girl that drags Ike around is in the novels, though she might have had a bit more screentime in the anime.

And well, Kazumi still haven't gave up after Yuji rejected her. To the point where when Yuji showed up and asked her to come with him she followed him willingly, still thinking of Yuji as her classmate than the 'leader of the enemies that Shana is fighting'. That's how Yuji got a hold of Kazumi to start the spell to modify the fine-tuning that Kasim had done to Misaki City.

In Yuji's defence though, he treated Kazumi well like a guest, promised not to hurt her, even rolled out a red carpet for her and had his forces lined up on both sides to greet her in style. Even if he did heartlessly manipulate Kazumi like that, knowing she still had feelings for him and is willing to use that.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:09   Link #3483
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I know it's just a strange opinion to even think about, but I still get that "feeling" that Kazumi would still go after Yuji. But now I disclaim that, especially after remembering the last couple of scenes in novel 16.

But the Kazumi hate as said is overdoing it, I've been in many Shakugan no Shana forums where the hate for Kazumi and the love for Shana is incredibly high, I love Shana of course. But Kazumi has done nothing really that dangerous to get Yuji's favor that Shana has not already gotten, but there was one scene in the first season that indeed got me a tad bit angry with her, especially with making Shana sad in the aftermath (I'm talking about the festival part) but I quickly got over it.
I couldn't agree more. Except the festival part was caused by shana being a brat, and was completely her own fault. So you really can't be mad at Kazumi. lol Yet I still was pretty pissed.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:19   Link #3484
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Yoshida will dissapear once she accomplish her objetive in the novels: Sacrifice herselt for the Yuji and Shana's sake. I don't say this for hate, it's just the facts.

1. She is the rival of Shana, and we all know that the protagonist always win.
2. She still likes Yuji, she even got hurt when he rejected her at the Haridan if my memory doesnt fail me again.
3. The fact that if she dyes, there is none that would trudelly get affected by this, we'd still get the Yuji and Shana finale and Ike would forget about her, as if it were a torch.
4. There is another girl that shows interest in Ike, and I see more like her ending up with him than Yoshida. I don't remember her name, but is always looking for him in the school (the glasses one).
Solid facts. (Regarding number 4)I don't see the chances of Kazumi and Ike getting together, mainly because the relationship just isn't that strong. If you look at it, Ike probably has a small crush on her, while Kazumi just sees him as a friend. That isn't love, nor a strong bond. If I remember correctly, Kazumi didn't even hesitate when Ike confesed to her.It is completely different from Yuji and Shana. WHO ARE MADLY OBSESSED WITH EACH OTHER. So I really don't see how they will ever be together. And if they do then the creators really gonna have to swindle the fans........like they always do.

P.S Rewatching seaon 2. Reminded of how much the first episode pissed me off.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:47   Link #3485
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger

In the anime, it doesn't show that the girl LIKES ike as such. Maybe in the Novels then?
I haven't read the novels. But in the aninme it doesn't show that the girl, apparently harumi fujita, liking Ike although she does get more screen time I hear?
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 17:04   Link #3486
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Well, it's practicly the same that happened with Ogata, I don't know about you but the sudden confession really took me by surprise. I didn't mean that Fuyita is strickly destinated to end up with Ike. I'm saying than in case of trying to get rid of Yoshida, that's their replacement as love interest.
Old 2011-03-01, 18:17   Link #3487
OmniDragon

Anyone know why Shana changed to her school uniform in vol 21. other than having her change outfits once a novel? Seems she changed before she faced Yuji maybe it has something to do with her reaching through to Yuji?
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 18:26   Link #3488
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Anyone know why Shana changed to her school uniform in vol 21. other than having her change outfits once a novel? Seems she changed before she faced Yuji maybe it has something to do with her reaching through to Yuji?
Shana is in her school uniform? That's quite odd, because that alone will not give many ideas on how she will be able to reach Yuji.
Old 2011-03-01, 18:28   Link #3489
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
I though that she got out of the prison where Yuji put her and made her way to the Flame Hazes commanding center, since I think she got in contact with them. She maybe got the chance of getting some clothes there or maybe Willhelmina gave her Yogasa where I think she got that outfit (the one she uses before meeting Yuji).
Old 2011-03-01, 19:31   Link #3490
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I though that she got out of the prison where Yuji put her and made her way to the Flame Hazes commanding center, since I think she got in contact with them. She maybe got the chance of getting some clothes there or maybe Willhelmina gave her Yogasa where I think she got that outfit (the one she uses before meeting Yuji).
From what I remember Yuji never put Shana in any prison she just had a braclet that was sealing off her powers. In vol 17 Shana was at the ceremony when Yuji left and went through the gate after that she probably could wander around the sereiden freely.

Wilhelmina couldn't of give Yogasa to Shana since its a hougo that manifest from Alastor's body his wings I think it was. The outfit she wore at the begining of the series was in the Yogasa I think and she put it on in vol 20.

After Shana got her powers back she din't goto any command center if I remember she went through the gate after Yuji right away with Wilhelmina and 2 other flame haze.

I think Shana put on the school uniform to get closer to being "Shana" I know in vol 19 when Shana confessed to Yuji she did it as "Shana with her black hair" rather than "Shana as the Flame-Haired Burning Eyed Hunter".
Old 2011-03-01, 19:34   Link #3491
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
After Shana got her powers back she din't goto any command center if I remember she went through the gate after Yuji right away with Wilhelmina and 2 other flame haze.
Then it went to the fight where Yuji released the true form of SnH yes?

Quote:
I think Shana put on the school uniform to get closer to being "Shana" I know in vol 19 when Shana confessed to Yuji she did it as "Shana with her black hair" rather than "Shana as the Flame-Haired Burning Eyed Hunter".
So you're going with the past theories that Shana is trying to use the "power of love" to try to get to Yuji and try to make him see some flaws in his ways? Or atleast try to resist Snake's current hold on him?
Old 2011-03-01, 19:48   Link #3492
OmniDragon

Quote:
Then it went to the fight where Yuji released the true form of SnH yes?

So you're going with the past theories that Shana is trying to use the "power of love" to try to get to Yuji and try to make him see some flaws in his ways? Or atleast try to resist Snake's current hold on him?
Shana's group went through the gate then Sabrac appeared to fight them but Shana went on ahead to where Yuji was but before she could reach him SoF true body was released.

It was revealed in vol 17 of Shana's past memories of Shiro that "love" was the strongest unrestricted spell in the world that would defeat all other spells. Shana took Yuji's hand in an attempt to reach him but it failed. In vol 18. Shana wondered why her spell din't work on Yuji but she din't give up and said to face Yuji in a meaningful way she would need her powers. So I guess for her to reach through to Yuji she would need to be able to fight at the same level as Yuji and she was able to do so in vol 21. Now we just gotta wait for the final novel and see how she does it.
Old 2011-03-01, 19:56   Link #3493
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Shana's group went through the gate then Sabrac appeared to fight them but Shana went on ahead to where Yuji was but before she could reach him SoF true body was released.
Then Shana and Yuji had a little fight on top of SoF's true body, then the true form reached the battle where the Bal Masque and the Flame Hazes were fighting it out, and with the sudden appearance of his true form, the Flame Hazes had to pull back and reorganize their strategy (because upon the sight of SoF's true form, all the hope they had went away then, I think Yuji gave a discouraging speech while he was at it)

Quote:
It was revealed in vol 17 of Shana's past memories of Shiro that "love" was the strongest unrestricted spell in the world that would defeat all other spells. Shana took Yuji's hand in an attempt to reach him but it failed. In vol 18. Shana wondered why her spell din't work on Yuji but she din't give up and said to face Yuji in a meaningful way she would need her powers. So I guess for her to reach through to Yuji she would need to be able to fight at the same level as Yuji and she was able to do so in vol 21. Now we just gotta wait for the final novel and see how she does it.
I heard about something like that in volume 17, but never heard of Shana taking Yuji's hand in volume 18. I might have skipped that part when I lost track of where I was at since I had to leave in an emergency. But as of now, like you said Shana is now able to fight Yuji on equal level, but the school uniform could be something to help reach Yuji even further (I don't mean he has a school uniform fetish...) but I'm pretty curious how it will turn out, and what is the purpose of the school uniform.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:09   Link #3494
OmniDragon

Quote:
I heard about something like that in volume 17, but never heard of Shana taking Yuji's hand in volume 18. I might have skipped that part when I lost track of where I was at since I had to leave in an emergency. But as of now, like you said Shana is now able to fight Yuji on equal level, but the school uniform could be something to help reach Yuji even further (I don't mean he has a school uniform fetish...) but I'm pretty curious how it will turn out, and what is the purpose of the school uniform.
Shana held Yuji's hand in vol 17. when they were walking to the ceremony. I think it said something like "at this moment their wish had come true but there hearts hadn't fully connected yet". Shana was worried what was going to happen to Yuji after SoF took back his body. SoF said he wasn't going to dispose of Yuji so easily since it would be a waste of his talents. If I remember correctly Hecate wasn't to thrilled to see Shana holding Yuji's hand when they arrived at the ceremony.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:14   Link #3495
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Shana held Yuji's hand in vol 17. when they were walking to the ceremony. I think it said something like "at this moment their wish had come true but there hearts hadn't fully connected yet". Shana was worried what was going to happen to Yuji after SoF took back his body. SoF said he wasn't going to dispose of Yuji so easily since it would be a waste of his talents. If I remember correctly Hecate wasn't to thrilled to see Shana holding Yuji's hand when they arrived at the ceremony.
Oooh. Now I remember what setting you are talking about in novel 17 this eventually lead to Hecate throwing a fit about why Yuji even bothered to keep Shana yes? I also misread your post, that was probably why I couldn't find the hand-holding in volume 18 Sorry, I just misread it and thought you said it was in volume 18.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:48   Link #3496
OmniDragon

Quote:
Oooh. Now I remember what setting you are talking about in novel 17 this eventually lead to Hecate throwing a fit about why Yuji even bothered to keep Shana yes? I also misread your post, that was probably why I couldn't find the hand-holding in volume 18 Sorry, I just misread it and thought you said it was in volume 18.
Hecate threw a fit before the holding-hand scene right after Yuji saved Shana from being killed by Hecate. SoF assured Hecate that the reason he allowed Shana to live wasn't because his vessel Yuji had fallin in love with her.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:52   Link #3497
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Hecate threw a fit before the holding-hand scene right after Yuji saved Shana from being killed by Hecate. SoF assured Hecate that the reason he allowed Shana to live wasn't because his vessel Yuji had fallin in love with her.
Either he said that to keep Hecate from trying to kill Shana again, or SoF has plans for Shana that could be revealed later.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:59   Link #3498
OmniDragon

Quote:
Either he said that to keep Hecate from trying to kill Shana again, or SoF has plans for Shana that could be revealed later.
Well SoF said that if they killed Shana she would take a risky bet and summon Alastor in hoping he could defeat SoF in that short time.
Old 2011-03-01, 21:04   Link #3499
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well SoF said that if they killed Shana she would take a risky bet and summon Alastor in hoping he could defeat SoF in that short time.
So it was out of fear of Shana summoning Alastor, and making a dashing move before her end. Well that fortifies the ending theory of Shana summoning Alastor after all, the "power of love" theory is also fortified since Shana is going to attempt it again.
Old 2011-03-01, 21:27   Link #3500
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Shana never used Tenpa Yousai in the novels, right? She only got his power released when Friagne shot her with the Trigger Happy. So we don't actually know which are the secondary effects of using such a spell. In fact, the only one that have used it so far was Mathilde, which dissapeared shortly after because she could not stand so much power, but now Shana can actually support it.

This guides me to the feeling that if Alastor gets summoned, and gets killed by SoF or both die in a "god's battle", then what's left for Shana? Became a torche, dissapear or go back to human with her remaining existence?

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen