AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-13, 08:38   Link #1
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Question about the ending of Char's Counterattack

I've seen this movie a couple times and wondered how Axis (I think that's it) was diverted from crashing into the Earth. Did Amuro's newtype powers manifest into something grand scale before he died, was it his sheer hate for Char that made the asteroid move, or was that green sparkly stuff something I don't know about?

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 09:14   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, from what I understand, the spirits of all Newtypes and the will of all humanity to survive is called upon by Amuro, and that much psychic power combined together moved the entire asteroid away from Earth. A bit cheesy and super-roboty ending, nonetheless a great grand finale of the conflicts between Amuro and Char...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 17:01   Link #3
avmoghe

I'm actually unsure whether it was just Amuro's Psychic energy or the entire world. Char does say something along the lines of "its the will of all the people on earth" or something along those lines, but I find it too good of a coincidence that the whole green glow just appeared right after the psycho frame on Amuro's Gundam overloaded.

Its just when the psycho frame goes out, that the collective population of the earth mysteriously gathers its energy.. and only now decides to push the Axis out of the way? I don't know what to make of it.

Either way, regardless of whose green psychic energy it was that was capable of pushing the Axis out of the way, I consider this to be the third worst ending of any anime I've ever seen (right behind Evangelion and Peacemaker Kurogane, and being slightly better than Zeta Gundam's ending).
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 18:59   Link #4
Panon

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the Nu Gundam's psycho-frame overloaded due to the concentrated wills of the people there ie, Amuro and all the Federation and Neo-Zeon forces who were trying to hold back Axis.

That energy overload is about to push Axis away.

It's honestly not a very good ending, if just for how inconclusive it is on the fate of Amuro and Char (yes, I know they're considered dead but you'd never know it from the movie)
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 01:11   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the movie is a bit vague on this matter, but the novel made it quite clear that it's the "force" from all humans in the world... and seems it's gathered by the combined efforts of Amuro, Char, and Amuro's baby (novel only I think, unless you think Chan was pregnant at that time XD)
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 02:23   Link #6
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
the movie is a bit vague on this matter, but the novel made it quite clear that it's the "force" from all humans in the world... and seems it's gathered by the combined efforts of Amuro, Char, and Amuro's baby (novel only I think, unless you think Chan was pregnant at that time XD)
From the way you (and the rest) describe it, it sounds like a DBZ Goku's Ki Orb 元氣丹 attack
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 06:37   Link #7
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Actually apart from Amuro's NT abilites, the main reason Amuro was able to push Axis away wasn't any Super Robot cheesy ideas whoever said that, but it was due to the Nu Gundam's psyco-frame overloading. And if I recall it correctly, the main trigger for the overload was again de to Lalah Sune. No, she did not show up but a last minute argument between Amuro and Char regarding about her caused a strange reaction to the psyco-frame thus it went overload.

That part was nothing like a Super Robot ending, coz apart from hoards of Federation Forces GM's trying to help push Axis, Neo Zeon pilots also came and help to push the big fat dropping of Char's..... They had to leave halfway due to the fact that their suits cannot handle the atmospheric entry. And it is nowhere mentioned that Amuro and Char is dead, they simply just vanished..... So they might be alive, but heck only Tomino-san know's where they are...

The movie is actually pretty good, although the impression was that it looked like a rush, but Tomino really wrapped it up real well, especially the Amuro and Char feud. I just disliked the idea of Quess and Hathaway.... And I don't understand why does Hathaway get's his own series and the Ξ Gundam (Xi Gundam)??? I'm just glad that the both end up dead in the end.... Oh well...

Last edited by Nagare Ryouma; 2004-10-22 at 06:47.
Nagare Ryouma is offline   Reply With Quote