Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2007-11-25, 15:09   Link #41
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Evidently viruses and bacteria go to Soul Society when they die...
wait whaat? doesn't they go to hell or Hueco Mundo?
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 15:58   Link #42
WinterSerenade

Just a quick ?................ Ukitake has tuberculosis (a highly contagious disease) and yet it doesn't spread ?_?
WinterSerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 01:57   Link #43
WhiteWings

Or maybe it's possible that whenever a Shinigami comes to and leaves the 'real' world they take all the viruses and bacteria with them sometimes.

Why are we even talking about this anyway?
Old 2007-11-26, 03:50   Link #44
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSerenade View Post
Just a quick ?................ Ukitake has tuberculosis (a highly contagious disease) and yet it doesn't spread ?_?
12th squad/4th squad sealed it or something like that.. not impossible to make it believable, but to be honest: who cares?
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 17:56   Link #45
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
think the biggest problem he has is really introducing some sort of twist with a particular secondary character and then just leave them sitting there for a while.

So far we have Viazard's and no real knowledge of who they are? Ichi's dad is a Shinigami, without any back ground information, Same for Ishida's is the heir to Quincy (which is a bit less random)

Urolquia or however you spell it has been sealed for how long now?

As for no one dies in bleach... i think it should be rephrased no one with any plot significance dies in bleach. That doesn't bug me nearly as much, as it used too. I think One Piece viewers have more to complain about.
Old 2007-12-04, 07:05   Link #46
Makashi_Menace
Arigato... Sayonara...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSerenade View Post
There is always Captain Retsu Unohana around, who would keep the disease in check.... Which leads to the other question: Why hasn't Unohana cured Ukitake after all these years??
Makashi_Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 16:41   Link #47
Wych

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
think the biggest problem he has is really introducing some sort of twist with a particular secondary character and then just leave them sitting there for a while.

So far we have Viazard's and no real knowledge of who they are? Ichi's dad is a Shinigami, without any back ground information, Same for Ishida's is the heir to Quincy (which is a bit less random)

Urolquia or however you spell it has been sealed for how long now?

As for no one dies in bleach... i think it should be rephrased no one with any plot significance dies in bleach. That doesn't bug me nearly as much, as it used too. I think One Piece viewers have more to complain about.

I think they plan on keeping Ichigo's dad stored up for a later fight. This is speculation but maybe he saves Ichigo from somebody like Aizen, then this pumps Ichigo up and he kills the bad guy then he tells flashbacks as he dies or something.

Ulq was meant to be sealed for a few hours which seems reasonable since I would guess the manga has only gone on about an hour os so since then, it just seems longer because of how many chapters have passed.

I like that nobody had died at first but, somebody jumping in to save someone at the last second gets a bit boring after the 10th time. Hopefully somebody significant will die soon to keep the plot going. (Chad or Rukia sound like good candidates)
Wych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 17:35   Link #48
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

I say orihime would make a better candidate
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 23:17   Link #49
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makashi_Menace View Post
There is always Captain Retsu Unohana around, who would keep the disease in check.... Which leads to the other question: Why hasn't Unohana cured Ukitake after all these years??
This isn't something wimpy like having magical spikes stabbed through your body, or being struck by energy attacks that demolish buildings...

This is Tuberculosis man, serious business.

Though, where was it mentioned that it was indeed TB?
Old 2007-12-11, 12:25   Link #50
Casshern

Although coughing up blood can only mean either lung cancer (no cure) or tuberculosis (can be cured), the situation with Ukitake is really much simpler. It all comes down to the fact that (once again) this is shounen manga and Ukitake is the archetypical "frail samurai", just like Rurouni Kenshin and Ukyo Tachibana (samurai shodown). Sure, he could be healed, but that would ruin the image Kubo wants him to have. The archetypical "frail samurai" is supposed to be physically weak yet unbeatable in swordsmanship. These characters usually remain undefeated 'till their disease kills them. Didn't Genryusai mention that Kouryaku and Ukitake were his two undefeated students when he was about to fight them in the SS arc?

What would be left of Ukitake if it wasn't for his illness? He'd either be the male version of Unohana or a kinder, humbler version of Byakuya. In other words he'd be boring as hell.

Besides, if fans pressured Kubo to explain Ukitake's situation he'd probably come up with a half assed chapter that would dissapoint everyone and Ukitake would still be the way he is now, albeit with a lame background story. So it's better if we don't know and he maintains some mystery.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 23:41   Link #51
empzone
Shinigami Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
What would be left of Ukitake if it wasn't for his illness? He'd either be the male version of Unohana or a kinder, humbler version of Byakuya. In other words he'd be boring as hell.

Besides, if fans pressured Kubo to explain Ukitake's situation he'd probably come up with a half assed chapter that would dissapoint everyone and Ukitake would still be the way he is now, albeit with a lame background story. So it's better if we don't know and he maintains some mystery.
Ukitake's illness doesn't bug me as long as we don't know what it is. If it's tuberculosis... GAH.
empzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 18:05   Link #52
Ryuujin

Like I said, my problem is the whole "why is there disease in the afterlife?" angle, which raises so damn many questions...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 19:37   Link #53
Ban kai
bleach luver

ICHIGO"S BAN KAI! it is pretty stupid compared to everybodys elses.
Ban kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 04:38   Link #54
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban kai View Post
which is why he needed another damm power up to make it look kewl, so far the only time it was really useful was against Byakuya, it was practically made for that battle, which i dont see how super speed will go against illusions, its insane that Ichigo is shown to be super speed yet gets pulverized from being too slow, it just doent make sense, i mean theres bankai, use it!!
Blood_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 11:02   Link #55
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban kai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Knight View Post
which is why he needed another damm power up to make it look kewl, so far the only time it was really useful was against Byakuya, it was practically made for that battle, which i dont see how super speed will go against illusions, its insane that Ichigo is shown to be super speed yet gets pulverized from being too slow, it just doent make sense, i mean theres bankai, use it!!
Kubo should've given Ichigo's (and RENJI'S) ban kai another technique, like Hitsugaya and Byakuya who have various techniques they can only use in their final release.
Old 2007-12-13, 15:31   Link #56
Ban kai
bleach luver

i totaly agree with you
Ban kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 02:19   Link #57
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Kubo should've given Ichigo's (and RENJI'S) ban kai another technique, like Hitsugaya and Byakuya who have various techniques they can only use in their final release.
But hate to say, if Ichigo had another technique, it would be something gay like a final strike [probably some kenshin god mode style slicing], in the end Ichigo has a powerful bankai, Im pretty sure we can remember when he fought byakuya with it, it was super fast and kewl, yet... he doesnt use it to its full potential with even stronger enemies, its either the artists are getting lazy with drawing multiple ichigos, or theyre just giving some handicap to the villians
Blood_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 10:16   Link #58
Ichimaru

what went wrong was no character buildup or plot wise b4 a fight

it seems like fight after fight, after fight...gets pretty boring

then there are the screentime among characters in the series...

seriously seeing that kid hitsuguya for the last 30eps is getting on my nerves now, same with everybody else basically....

we need more screen time on some of the SS captains or guys in HM...
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 13:52   Link #59
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Knight View Post
But hate to say, if Ichigo had another technique, it would be something gay like a final strike [probably some kenshin god mode style slicing], in the end Ichigo has a powerful bankai, Im pretty sure we can remember when he fought byakuya with it, it was super fast and kewl, yet... he doesnt use it to its full potential with even stronger enemies, its either the artists are getting lazy with drawing multiple ichigos, or theyre just giving some handicap to the villians
True, but ban kai was supposed to be something that takes years to achieve and "forever" (so to speak) to master. With Ichigo it was more like "Ok, got my ban kai in three days. What's next? Vizards you say? Ok, lets do it...". Since he first got his ban kai, even 'till now, there hasn't been a single attempt to advance his technique and style, he's just contantly going for more power.

As for Renji, he doesn't even get more power. Time froze for him since he got his ban kai.

Ichimaru is right. There hasn't been any character development in ages. No sooner had they saved Rukia before getting into a brawl with Grimjaw's buddies, followed by a crash course in vizard transfomation for Ichigo (ban kai style) and off to Hueco Mundo they go.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:27   Link #60
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Maybe if Kubo found a way of changing his bankai? Like say his dad get killed and he is sooo mad about it that his bankai sort of "evolves" and his personality traits change from being moody to being absolutely on edge at all times
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote