AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 18.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 7.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 7.94%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-22, 16:07   Link #141
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Well, I have stated why I thought that way and pointed out what we saw from the scenes. I'd say that we interpret those events much differently and you people have inherent affection for Felli; so as I said before, where I have doubt, you have hope.

None that happened warrants a wrap-up indeed and for all that we know, Layfon may even fall for someone that we haven't even seen yet. I'd not be surprised. In any case, Felli's relationship has the least chance among all the leads. (I'm considering Mei as supporting cast) Even with the strongest optimism, there's nothing on her side (Layfon's turning a blind eye to her jealousy streaks during whole series) while she has been rejected.

So I had my 2 cents on the matter and I'm not really bothered with whoever Layfon ends up with, so suit yourself.
Old 2009-06-22, 16:35   Link #142
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
Well, I have stated why I thought that way and pointed out what we saw from the scenes. I'd say that we interpret those events much differently and you people have inherent affection for Felli; so as I said before, where I have doubt, you have hope.
Jup we all have our different opinions. Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with inherent affection.

Quote:
Felli's relationship has the least chance among all the leads. (I'm considering Mei as supporting cast) Even with the strongest optimism, there's nothing on her side (Layfon's turning a blind eye to her jealousy streaks during whole series) while she has been rejected.
Well disagree but already said my 2 cents on the matter enough.

Quote:
So I had my 2 cents on the matter and I'm not really bothered with whoever Layfon ends up with, so suit yourself.
Here I thougth Nina would be your personal preference. And ends up with, I do hope you'll be right about that second season.
Old 2009-06-22, 16:58   Link #143
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I like Nina as a character the way she is. She's got more important issues at hand and she acts like that. I've seen good characters ruined just due to romance before, ("I'm in love so let me fixate on that and slack my job while people die around me") so it may in fact be even better if their relationship stays that way.
Old 2009-06-22, 18:11   Link #144
cheshire

I don't really have anything constructive to say except that I still think Nina's in the lead (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) for the simple reason that Layfon's always "TAICHOU! TAICHOU!!" (insert dramatic tension there) around her or without, like a little puppy or a schoolboy with a crush. In other words, Layfon's doing all the chasing and Nina remains clueless for now. I'm not really an avid shipper, but for a show with harem qualities in it to have the lead guy obsess on a girl that's not your typical damsel in distress, is immensely amusing.
Old 2009-06-22, 19:29   Link #145
ricaryx

Don't forget Nina's mirage is the only one who appeared during Layfon's final attack and she was the last girl to send her thoughts to Layfon among the harem Meishen-->Felli-->Leerin.

I'm sad! I'm going to miss Regios. 10/10!
Old 2009-06-22, 19:39   Link #146
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

From start to finish. I still have NO IDEA what is going on here.
Savaris did not deserve a Team Rocket exit. Good to know the entire trip Leerin made was just so that the katana could end up back at Grenden again.
This episode made me better at math, i just didn't like it

Face + Palm = Facepalm
Old 2009-06-23, 03:33   Link #147
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Good to know the entire trip Leerin made was just so that the katana could end up back at Grenden again.
After watching it again and reading your post I just realized it as well. Fits perfectly with how the last few episodes went...

Also noted that they gave that certain moment in the spotlight for the shippers. Nina doing her best impression of Patrick Swayze in "Ghost". Mei with her cute but "where the hell did that come from" Layfon plushy. Leerin chest bumping with Layfon. Finally Felli showing her love to Layfon with the mean kick to the shin. Although I had to chuckle at her mimicking what Layfon said to Leerin...

Like several posters above stated, it doesn't matter to me who he ends up with. I'd settle for a better explanation of things and more battle scenes. The Layfon/Savaris fight was pretty sad. I'd be pissed if I paid big bucks for ringside seats. Reminded me of the Mike Tyson vs Marvis Frazier fight, didn't even get past 1 min...
Old 2009-06-23, 11:20   Link #148
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

Quote:
Face + Palm = Facepalm
This pretty much summarizes the last couple of episodes.

I forgot what I was watching until it cut to commercial and showed the logo.
Old 2009-06-23, 14:01   Link #149
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ugh i dont even know what to say except i kind of expected something like this from given last couple of episodes. It was not hateful but it was not good ending either if they plan on doing a 2nd season then maybe they felt this was a good place to stop. However it does not sit well for many of us and seems to have a left a bad taste in my mouth that scope and brushing have not been able to rid off. It seems everything is back to normal and the reconstruction of the city is underway other than that its like nothing happened at all.

Like i said not horrible but not great but i still bring myself to bash it all together there is really not much else to say.

7/10
Old 2009-06-23, 20:06   Link #150
capped

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen View Post
Quote:
Face + Palm = Facepalm
This pretty much summarizes the last couple of episodes.

I forgot what I was watching until it cut to commercial and showed the logo.
Thank you! I was thinking I was the only one who felt that way.
I have to agree, the ending of this was rather blah. Even for a series with the harem still undecided.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:39   Link #151
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

no kiss during the end...... a bit disappointing....so much harem goin on....

I expect to see a 2nd season of this,,,
Old 2009-06-23, 22:38   Link #152
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

Wow, from what little I have gathered from these 8 pages I feel compelled to watch the final episode and see what happens. I caught a few episodes here and there after I stopped watching back around episode 13 or so and I like what I saw, and while I may not go back and complete the series as a whole I definatly do want to see the final episode.
Old 2009-06-23, 23:40   Link #153
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Then you certainly need to watch those you haven't, otherwise final ep would make no sense. It wouldn't be enjoyable without knowledge of what was going on. And it strayed from the original story, so it would seem much less coherent as stand alone.
Old 2009-06-23, 23:52   Link #154
Jimwhat
The Wannabe Fansubber

I'm still confused.

My most recent sig^^
Old 2009-06-24, 00:08   Link #155
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Felli got rejected because 1) she confessed at the worst moment possible where Fon-fon was still emo and blaming himself; 2) like others said, what she had offered were too overly devoted to point of willing to do anything and even die for him. But yea there's still chance for her and heck for any of the girls.

Btw, anyone wanted a replacement for CSR perhaps this would interest you,

Spoiler for Seiken No Blacksmith:

Got it from the Seiken No Blacksmith thread, the main male lead screams 'Layfon' all over him and also armed with a katana. Not to mention a full set of hot chicks.

It'll air sometime this year I think.
Just want to say, my favorite already is Aria.

Looking forward to that anime. Thank you for the head's up.

I'll be honest. Episode 24

sucked. I said it. The last few episodes have been spiraling downhill faster than water getting flushed down a toilet. I was completely bored, the fighting was laughable at best, the story is STILL a mess, we were lucky to get 5 seconds of screen time from the other HBers, Nina was a limp rag-doll that did nothing the entire episode, Savaris gets 1-hit KO'd, Layfon has to give back his HB-Katana Haxors sword, ugh...

So much potential in this story, and whether or not there's a second season, is immaterial. -facepalms-

The only redeeming quality, was it seems Layfon and Leering have come to an understanding, and when he's ready, he will come back to her and Grendan.
Old 2009-06-24, 00:43   Link #156
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Man, I hate it when a series that starts off so great ends so flat. It looks to me like that they forgot that the series only had twenty-four episodes and tried to squeeze everything in the last couple. I don't know if I would buy the DVDs if this ever got licensed.

Though, if there was ever a 2nd season I would watch in hopes of it gaining some sort of redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Btw, anyone wanted a replacement for CSR perhaps this would interest you,

Spoiler for Seiken No Blacksmith:

Got it from the Seiken No Blacksmith thread, the main male lead screams 'Layfon' all over him and also armed with a katana. Not to mention a full set of hot chicks.
He also screams Renton Thurston in the face.

It looks sweet regardless. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-06-24 at 01:08.
Old 2009-06-24, 01:39   Link #157
tsunade666

If theirs a chance their will be a second season they really need to do their story.
They cut a lot, ignore a lot, and just scrapped and fix them all together to get a high rating
episode.

I wish for a better plot line. Even though it looks interesting its just all been cramped at a few
episode. No planning I think.
Old 2009-06-24, 03:17   Link #158
klare

just finished all, feel like not much is explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wish for a better plot line. Even though it looks interesting its just all been cramped at a few
episode. No planning I think.
thats what i think too, too bad the story is not written as well as the various interesting characters

i welcome second season if they can sort out all the holes in series, and yes i wanna see more of Nina
Old 2009-06-24, 05:18   Link #159
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Man, I hate it when a series that starts off so great ends so flat. It looks to me like that they forgot that the series only had twenty-four episodes and tried to squeeze everything in the last couple. I don't know if I would buy the DVDs if this ever got licensed.

Though, if there was ever a 2nd season I would watch in hopes of it gaining some sort of redemption.

He also screams Renton Thurston in the face.

It looks sweet regardless. Thanks for the heads up!
that does look like a Renton. A cooler Renton though....

Renton (E7) + Shannon (Scrapped Princess) combined!

Looks like an interesting anime. Fantasy uh? Hope it's done well. Fantasy animes usually go down the drain coz of poor storyline and execution (and cliches). By the way, it's another light novel!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-06-25, 01:11   Link #160
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Well watching all 24 episodes all I know is love the fighting scenes since the story made no sense to me well it started to after reading the chinese novels (still sorta lost)

I kinda think the last episode made things worst unless they make a second season which they end (Being the beginning)

So overall I guess 7/10

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Closed Thread