AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 17:33   Link #1
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

.hack//The Movie

CyberConnect2 has revealed the next story in the .hack// franchise. It's not a game or anime series, but a CG animated theatrical feature film:

Quote:
In 2024, children have grown up living connected to a network. Sora Yuki, a 14 year old girl from the suburbs, has no interest in playing video games. Her friends, Kakeru Tanaka (Gonder in The World) and Tomohiko Okano (Baldur in The World) convince her to start playing the popular online game The World. Sora joins the game where events in The World start connecting to reality…

.hack// The Movie will air in Japanese theaters in January 2012. Asmik Ace Entertainment is making the film.
----

.hack// is a series I've liked for quite a while so this announcement has me very interested already. Though I kind of wish they would've used an original character rather than Kite again.
Old 2011-08-23, 17:43   Link #2
Dark Wing

Well its not really Kite but just a avatar that looks like kite...
Old 2011-08-23, 20:26   Link #3
Shadow5YA

The CG doesn't impress me. I'd rather they went with GU trilogy's style.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 20:44   Link #4
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I don't really like this art style. I'd say that .hack//GU's CG is the best one imo.
Old 2011-08-23, 23:01   Link #5
Miraluka
Banned

She seems to be Kite/Sora from Link, and the setting is after Link game story. See NEXT ending for more references.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 23:59   Link #6
iceyfw

serious? this is suppose to be the movie to end the .hack franchise? i.... ugh whatever. unless i got my info wrong? someone please tell me so.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 01:43   Link #7
Dark Wing

Oh come now people it's only a preview...

I remember when the GU games previews came out people everyone how saw it doubted the games would be any good based on the CG at the time then they polished it up before the release and it was like there never was an issue with it this probably will be no different.
Old 2011-08-25, 02:11   Link #8
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh come now people it's only a preview...

I remember when the GU games previews came out people everyone how saw it doubted the games would be any good based on the CG at the time then they polished it up before the release and it was like there never was an issue with it this probably will be no different.
the CG is only part of the problem to me. i'm sure they could have come up with some better plot than another newbie protagonist who is new to The World discovering there are glitches within it affecting IRL. i would care less if it was another .hack project under their belt, but this is suppose to be the final .hack project, right? unless... i got my info wrong again. if i were them, i'd try to incorporate some material and characters from the previous revisions of The World into this finale. and yes, i'm just saying this based on one preview trailer. it does seem to point everything revolving around this female protagonist though.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 12:10   Link #9
Miraluka
Banned

Isn't the final project of .Hack// franchise, do you remember how people were claiming Link to be the last saga of the series?

I don't know why people overlook this final scene from the game:

Look, thats our female protagonist which appeared already as a playable character in the game.
Old 2011-08-25, 14:09   Link #10
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Isn't the final project of .Hack// franchise, do you remember how people were claiming Link to be the last saga of the series?

I don't know why people overlook this final scene from the game:

Look, thats our female protagonist which appeared already as a playable character in the game.
People weren't expecting the franchise to end. It's because CyberConnect officially stated that Link would be the last entry to the series.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 10:27   Link #11
Miraluka
Banned

People said the same with .Hack// G.U. but we got TRILOGY and then Link.
Old 2011-08-26, 11:10   Link #12
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
People weren't expecting the franchise to end. It's because CyberConnect officially stated that Link would be the last entry to the series.
last Game entry

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 11:17   Link #13
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yet seems like this movie will be a hybrid pack of game and movie in 1 BD, just like Macross Frontier movie, so CC once again lied to us when saying Link will be the last game entry, not that I'm unhappy about it anyway.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 00:21   Link #14
Miraluka
Banned

Nobody can deny .Hack// always had a good OST.
Old 2011-08-27, 01:59   Link #15
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

CC never say LINK is the last franchise. Rather, LINK is the start of the last portion of the franchise, which the the 3rd Season.

3rd Season is divide into 2017/2020 2021/2024 and then 20XX
2024 involves the 4th ERA of The World. During this time frame the Virus created by the Altimit has surpassed their own anti-virus software Sophia, causing troubles over the net.

I also expect to see a more clear picture of MAMA in this new movie.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 02:19   Link #16
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'm curious what happened to Aura after the event at .hack Link(if it's considered canon anyway, what's with the time traveling concept there)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 09:24   Link #17
Miraluka
Banned

In wonder what happend to Aura as well, the last I saw of her was a corroded statue half-sank on a lake.
Old 2011-08-29, 21:53   Link #18
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

She lost her memory and power and is wondering the net like a ghost. MAMA is trying to reconstruct her data right now.
Old 2011-08-30, 09:42   Link #19
Miraluka
Banned

MAMA, Is that an AI entity or a project done by CC?

I was wondering who is the guy who appeared at the last video from Link and I think maybe Helba, there was some hints of Helba being friends with Genius and so far the guy returning to Japan can explain why there was no intervention from him.
Old 2011-08-31, 03:09   Link #20
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

To explain what MAMA is requires spoiler box

Spoiler: