AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-24, 20:14   Link #41
aakun4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
It's a pity this show is a short one. It seems like so little happens in each episode... this week for example all the beach episode seemed rushed to me, and it doesn't display much development either... as a manga reader I'm getting a bit dissapointed with the show
Wow really? as an anime only viewer I got the impression that the 15min format was doing wonders to the show to keep things "interesting", but maybe that's only because I'm saying this as someone that rarely enjoys SoL so shorter time makes it easier to follow. The episodes so far didn't feel rushed at all either, so unless it's just me I guess the show is doing a good job for anime viewers at least.

This (last) week was a really cute episode once again. Natsuki keeps killing me every time with his moe faces and exaggerated blushing :') Also, they better don't fuck it up when they make Mari fall for Mattsun after writing her as a lesbian in love with Anna until now. Sexuality is not a rigid thing so they have a lot of ways to do it and keep it nice, so they better do things right or otherwise I'll get really angry :/
aakun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 13:05   Link #42
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 01:47   Link #43
larethian

THis is so unloved. A very nice shoujo. I thought it was a 4-panel, but when I checked the manga, it was a full-fledged manga. So, anime made me read the manga, which allowed me to get the full experience, since the 15 minute short had a number of events that were missing context originally available in the manga. But still it was nice enough that it got me interested in the manga.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 02:58   Link #44
Ulin

The manga is clearly better.

We are half season in, and Mari-chan for me is being much more annoying than in the manga. I don't know if it is the voice or what, but I have the feeling that she is only in the screen to yell and cry
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 11:16   Link #45
larethian

Manga is only better in that it offers context. I give props to the production team in that they can make it interesting under such constraints.

And Mari-chan is supposed to be annoying as hell. I mean which girl spits and speaks so crudely like a gangster?

Ah ah I caught up with the tanks up till v11. When is v12 coming out?

And there is no manga thread? Sad.
It's sweet in the right places and not too over the top drama in romantic rivalry.
Old 2016-05-11, 08:33   Link #46
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I for one still enjoy Mari's story. Yes, she's annoying, somehow a harsher tsun than any of the Shana clones I've seen despite being comparatively far less violent. But from the start I could see that there's vulnerability and weakness behind all that and sure enough, in the last few episodes it's been properly demonstrated. She's still not sweet, it takes a lot of work and a lot of time to get her to trust someone enough to show her nice side, but it's nice to see that she herself has started to want to work at that. Here's hoping Mattsun is able to help her break that wall she built around herself. What can I say, when I'm able to believe the cause, I'm a sucker for tsunderes. And I'm able to believe that Mari has had cause, over the space of a few years, to become like she is. Yes, like any tsundere, it's generally minor relatively speaking, and it doesn't excuse the meanness, but once she started down that downward spiral it may have felt almost impossible to turn around.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 11:00   Link #47
Casshern

This would've been a cute episode if I wasn't anxiously waiting to see what happens with Mari.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 12:34   Link #48
larethian

Sheesh, 10 minutes is too short. Can't wait for next week for the climax of the chapter XD
Old 2016-06-12, 17:53   Link #49
Casshern

Kobakyakawa is the most boring and frigid character I have seen in any anime ever.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 16:25   Link #50
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 23

Wow. What an unfortunate and uncomfortable situation for Kobayakawa. Still emotionally immature and undeveloped, and trying to make sense out of something that happened when Hashiba was not even aware of what he was doing and can't even remember it. Meanwhile Hashiba is clueless and only sees himself being pushed away - poor guy.

Anna is someone she instinctively understands somewhere that she cannot turn to either, although ... Yukiko ... she is a maybe, I still think. Somehow I think Yukiko sees through more of what is going on around her than she lets on....
Old 2016-06-19, 16:35   Link #51
Ulin

BTW... As there is only one episode left, do you think there will be original ending or an open ending for a maybe second season?
Old 2016-06-19, 16:39   Link #52
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
BTW... As there is only one episode left, do you think there will be original ending or an open ending for a maybe second season?
I am not sure to be honest ... I enjoy the series quite a bit - it is a good shoujo series presented simply and straightforwardly and effectively imo - but I dont know if there have been any noticeable increase in sales of any sorts to "justify" a second season or if a second season is already in the making.

I would LIKE a second season and for the story to continue, but my guess (and it is only a guess) is that the ending will be open ended.
Old 2016-06-27, 02:11   Link #53
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Ep 24 (finale)

Hmm ... color me surprised ... I was not expecting an ending like that. Perhaps a bit rushed, but overall I thought it worked pretty well as a "temp ending" of sorts. Pretty clear where things will be headed should a second season be made, I think.

Enjoyable and an unexpected success for me. I would give it a 7.5/10 on the whole, but even if the material was not unique or revolutionary I still found myself looking forward to it week in and out.
Old 2016-06-27, 15:39   Link #54
Ulin

The ending has been a bit disapointing for me, since it's practically the same as that chapter in the manga, but... the manga goes on

I enjoyed it very much, and it's been pretty well adapted, but this need either a second season or an OVA with an original ending, because I can't help the feeling of unclosure

And what the hell, the story is good enough to keep it going
Old 2016-06-29, 13:12   Link #55
larethian

I frankly doubt that there will be a season 2. But if they do make one, at least make it full episodes. It will make the flow better.

Tags
all male lead cast, high school, shoujo