AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-30, 17:19   Link #41
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Question on the adult version of the game. Since I own and play the all ages verstion the recent anime episode (9) makes me wonder. Timeline wise when does Yuuichi have sex with Makoto in the game?

I'm wondering at what moment in the anime such a scene would theoretically occur since it makes me wishfully imagining a reincarnated pregnant Makoto fox with a litter of Yuuichi foxes on the way.
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 17:58   Link #42
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Question on the adult version of the game. Since I own and play the all ages verstion the recent anime episode (9) makes me wonder. Timeline wise when does Yuuichi have sex with Makoto in the game?
The night before their wedding on the hill, what else ? IIRC.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 03:12   Link #43
problemedchild
ô_ô

They get married? That's kinda cool.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 03:13   Link #44
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

That... was one of the saddest thing. He purchased the wedding veil only, for the whole set cost too much...

Spoiler for Selection from Febuary 1st, Monday (Makoto):

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-12-01 at 16:28.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 05:10   Link #45
Yoshire
Scary No-Subber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Btw, anyone remembers Yuuichi's discovery of how to wake Nayuki up by asking the right question?
And thanks to that, I suddenly started to laugh right in the middle of the class.
That was hilarious in the game.

Hmm... damnit, I want to play it again, but I guess nobody would let me go home "Because I want to play a visual novel about sad girls in snow, and ask them for their numbers."
Yoshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 08:46   Link #46
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I'm still waiting for Kyo-Ani to give us that scene, simply brilliant stuff from Yuuichi.

Quote:
Yuuichi (knocks Nayuki's door): Nayuki, you awake?
Nayuki: ......Nyu~
Yuuichi: ......Nayuki, if you're awake, I'm going to ask you some questions, OK?
Nayuki: ......Nyu~
Yuuichi: How much is 25 + 7?
Nayuki: ......Thirty......two......
Yuuichi: What's the date today?
Nayuki: ......January......eighteenth......
Yuuichi: What's your three sizes?
Nayuki: ......Chest......Eighty......WAH!? (Thudding sound heard beyond door)
Nayuki: ......ow......Yuuichi! What kind of question is that!?
Yuuichi: (She's awake now, alright. )
LOL
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 01:12   Link #47
Catnips

For me the PS2 version is still best..Anyway finished the game four years ago but im planning to play the game again...
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 12:12   Link #48
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

has anyone played the psp kanon game yet? it supposively came out on 2/15/2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanon
... since it should be region free i would be able to buy and play it on my psp...but dunno if i should...any comments or thoughts? thanks
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 15:49   Link #49
Veg
/dev/null

Send a message via ICQ to Veg Send a message via AIM to Veg Send a message via MSN to Veg
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
has anyone played the psp kanon game yet? it supposively came out on 2/15/2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanon
... since it should be region free i would be able to buy and play it on my psp...but dunno if i should...any comments or thoughts? thanks
I've bought it, though I'm not THAT far. I didn't notice many changes... just that this version is fully voiced with the actors from the anime. I've dumped it my self in several ways, but unfortunately it always freezes at the opening sequence. Therefore, PSP owners with a broken UMD drive can't play the iso which is currently making it's rounds. Don't lose your hopes! According to this guy, playing your PS2 version on a 1.50 PSP is possible trough converting some files. Tested on 3.03 OE-C btw.
Veg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 09:09   Link #50
fubar84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veg View Post
I've bought it, though I'm not THAT far. I didn't notice many changes... just that this version is fully voiced with the actors from the anime. I've dumped it my self in several ways, but unfortunately it always freezes at the opening sequence. Therefore, PSP owners with a broken UMD drive can't play the iso which is currently making it's rounds. Don't lose your hopes! According to this guy, playing your PS2 version on a 1.50 PSP is possible trough converting some files. Tested on 3.03 OE-C btw.
I downloaded it to check if it worked on my 3.10 OE-A PSP, it didn't. After i chose the first option in the menu, i get to one of the first scenes from the anime ("do you remember my name" etc) After that is over, it fades to a white screen and obviously freezes. Glad I decided to try before i buy. Anyone know if an English version will come out?
fubar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 14:04   Link #51
coroloro

Kanon standard edition- in English?

Perhaps this has been asked before, perhaps not, but I am a Kanon fan in need of help.

I've heard all sorts of things- that there is an English audio out for Kanon (the reason I bought it, really, and an audio out specifically for the adult as well)... then I find a primary page saying they've halted it... and I am confused.

I bought the standard XP edition- full version- and now I have a beautiful looking game box, and a game in Japanese that I cannot understand period as I read no Japanese what-so-ever.

Please help! Is there ANY way I can play and enjoy this game, and where can I go/how can I find it? I legitimately bought and paid for the game- I think it's fair I should want to play it, now, too.

Sincerely,
Coro
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 14:42   Link #52
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by coroloro View Post
Perhaps this has been asked before, perhaps not, but I am a Kanon fan in need of help.

I've heard all sorts of things- that there is an English audio out for Kanon (the reason I bought it, really, and an audio out specifically for the adult as well)... then I find a primary page saying they've halted it... and I am confused.

I bought the standard XP edition- full version- and now I have a beautiful looking game box, and a game in Japanese that I cannot understand period as I read no Japanese what-so-ever.

Please help! Is there ANY way I can play and enjoy this game, and where can I go/how can I find it? I legitimately bought and paid for the game- I think it's fair I should want to play it, now, too.

Sincerely,
Coro
English audio? Er, no one's dubbing it. As for a translation patch, long story short:
- Haeleth was translating it.
- As a result of working on many freeware games he began to question the ethics of doing so, and decided to stop until he could ask Key's permission.
- Bunch of people got in touch with him asking if they could continue it anyway, and apparently he said yes.
- http://radicalr.pestermom.com/VN.html

Currently there's no way to play it in English. Will there be? Hopefully. Just keep checking that link every so often.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 22:21   Link #53
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Is there anything special for the PS2 version of Kanon. I need to know if there's the ero-content so that I will know which one to get for my friend.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 01:06   Link #54
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Is there anything special for the PS2 version of Kanon. I need to know if there's the ero-content so that I will know which one to get for my friend.
The PS2, Dreamcast, and PSP versions are all without the ero content.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 07:03   Link #55
coroloro

I appreciate the help with the reference to the project page

Still, I see several fans on here talking about their playing of the game. I guess everyone besides myself on here doing so is reading Japanese? :P If not, how are THEY playing the game?

-Coro
Old 2007-02-26, 07:07   Link #56
coroloro

Oh, another question- my game, like that other person (though they are playing another ver I think) freezes in the beginning as well. I don't read Japanese, but I still tried clicking the first option and the opening started- beautiful music- but... nothing else, the empty dialogue box stood there and if I clicked, the 'timer' mouse icon would appear but the game would just stay there, doing nothing.

Do I need some kind of special patch to use US windows for this? Obviously, no Japanese fonts will display right now. Any advice, just incase I want to at least fiddle with the Japanese part of the game? Or is my game, right now, a useless box?

-Coro
Old 2007-02-26, 14:10   Link #57
Veg
/dev/null

Send a message via ICQ to Veg Send a message via AIM to Veg Send a message via MSN to Veg
Quote:
Originally Posted by coroloro View Post
Oh, another question- my game, like that other person (though they are playing another ver I think) freezes in the beginning as well. I don't read Japanese, but I still tried clicking the first option and the opening started- beautiful music- but... nothing else, the empty dialogue box stood there and if I clicked, the 'timer' mouse icon would appear but the game would just stay there, doing nothing.

Do I need some kind of special patch to use US windows for this? Obviously, no Japanese fonts will display right now. Any advice, just incase I want to at least fiddle with the Japanese part of the game? Or is my game, right now, a useless box?

-Coro
Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages > Install files for East Asian languages > REBOOT.
After you've done that, go to your language options panel once again, but this time select the Advanced Tab. Set your current language to Japanese at "Language for non-Unicode programms". REBOOT.
You should be able to see Japanese fonts now.

~Veg
Veg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 18:30   Link #58
Raniie

Do the first step Veg suggested and alternatively you can download this; http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx - This will allow you to individually run programs in other language without converting the entire Window Operating system to another language, which can cause problem later on if you're installing programs in the future and forgot to switch back to english. Like installing programs that are suppose to be in english... but you get a japanese installation wizard guide instead...
Raniie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 22:08   Link #59
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
There is a patch that stops the annoying dialog box of AppLocale.

And the patch is on its way ;P
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 22:42   Link #60
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I believe I have the Ero-content one because it says 18+ something (I'm guessing age), anyways, the music doesn't work right and there is no music after the introduction BGM (so no Last Regrets OP song). Also, the music still plays even when I exit the game. Any ideas?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, key, romance, visual novel