AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 29 21.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 27.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 33.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-08, 16:46   Link #221
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
And he wasn't?!!
I think we have established the fact that Shirou really doesn't care too much for his own saftey, so naturally he doesn't care too much of the fact that he almost got sliced in two.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:55   Link #222
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
I think we have established the fact that Shirou really doesn't care too much for his own saftey, so naturally he doesn't care too much of the fact that he almost got sliced in two.
And he can take advantage of that.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:57   Link #223
idofgrahf

um, how? unless he some how likes getting beat up. If he does then i say there is something realllly messed up about Shirou and he needs a consouler & professional help.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-08, 17:09   Link #224
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Well is it not that he goes and fights, and risks his life because he knows that he can use Saber's mana to restore himself.
Old 2006-03-08, 20:05   Link #225
idofgrahf

no amount of mana could restore him if he get his head choped off or get sliced into say seven pieces (literually). That and sabers mana isn't infinte, (peraphs one of the reason she sleeps and eat so much?)

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-08, 20:49   Link #226
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
no amount of mana could restore him if he get his head choped off or get sliced into say seven pieces (literually). That and sabers mana isn't infinte, (peraphs one of the reason she sleeps and eat so much?)
Yes she does eat, and sleep alot. The thing is why did he not get sliced up in half when he got hit like that by berserk? Ofcourse he will take precaustion before doing anything, but he is kind of taking all this a little lightly, with him only wanting to fight.
Old 2006-03-08, 21:13   Link #227
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I'm not sure about him leeching her mana just yet. It wouldn't surprise me if his father put all sorts of enchantments on him so that he could be an Ally of Justice.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 21:26   Link #228
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
There's no proof that Shirou leeches mana off Saber and that's why he heals as fast as he does. There's something else obviously going on that hasn't been revealed yet.

So much bashing of Shirou. Kind of depressing really. Considering I'd have done 90% of all the things he's done, guess that makes me an idiot too huh?
Old 2006-03-08, 21:32   Link #229
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
There's no proof that Shirou leeches mana off Saber and that's why he heals as fast as he does. There's something else obviously going on that hasn't been revealed yet.

So much bashing of Shirou. Kind of depressing really. Considering I'd have done 90% of all the things he's done, guess that makes me an idiot too huh?
Yeah that kind of goes without saying.

I mean, he did jump into the way of a death blow by a 2 ton sword...

I kid, I kid.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 21:39   Link #230
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Well, I don't think that Shirou is a bad character, he is actually responsible, and a fun character to watch. The actions he has taken right now is the why people bash him right now. Yet he is a important character in this show.
Old 2006-03-08, 21:59   Link #231
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Yeah that kind of goes without saying.

I mean, he did jump into the way of a death blow by a 2 ton sword...

I kid, I kid.
If Saber's mana was contributing to his rapid healing, it would still leave a big question mark about how on earth Shirou was able to even survive the hit from Berserker in the first place. Even a typical anime character isn't going to survive that hit, let alonebe as good as new the next day. That's all I'm saying. And it's not because he's got the main character shield up(ala Kira and Shinn from GSD).

I can vouch another argument in Shirou's behalf, regarding his protective behavior towards Saber in this war. One of the reasons the U.S. military was against having women in the front lines of combat, was because the added risk the males would go through, to protect women. Even though the women would generally have the ability to defend themselves and fight well, there was still the male's instinctive urge to protect a female. There were several other big reasons too, but that was one that stood out. Shirou isn't alone in his thinking, and I am willing to bet a very large percentage of men in the world would do actions similiar, though not all would be as extreme as Shirou to protect a woman from danger, whether she could defend herself or not.
Old 2006-03-08, 22:04   Link #232
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Clearly the way for Shirou and Saber to win this war is for Shirou to be the meat shield and absorb all attacks and then Saber goes slash-slash!
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 22:25   Link #233
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I'll give Shirou the very same advice I'd gave Relena Peacecraft ..
"If you dont have power to defend your ideology/priciple .. Dont go around trying to show/flaunt it..If you really want to uphold your principle, be ready to be able to defend it".

In this sense, this is why I really regard Lacus as a very strong woman/leader .. >.>

-OR- else
You just get to be called ... Baka!!!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 23:22   Link #234
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
I'll give Shirou the very same advice I'd gave Relena Peacecraft ..
"If you dont have power to defend your ideology/priciple .. Dont go around trying to show/flaunt it..If you really want to uphold your principle, be ready to be able to defend it".

In this sense, this is why I really regard Lacus as a very strong woman/leader .. >.>

-OR- else
You just get to be called ... Baka!!!
Shirou does defend his ideals. He just doesn't do a very good job of it.

If Relena Peacecraft would have just let Heero be her sword, she could have gotten alot more accomplished with her pacifism talks. Let Heero pacify her opponents.
Old 2006-03-08, 23:35   Link #235
idofgrahf

Quote:
I can vouch another argument in Shirou's behalf, regarding his protective behavior towards Saber in this war. One of the reasons the U.S. military was against having women in the front lines of combat, was because the added risk the males would go through, to protect women. Even though the women would generally have the ability to defend themselves and fight well, there was still the male's instinctive urge to protect a female. There were several other big reasons too, but that was one that stood out. Shirou isn't alone in his thinking, and I am willing to bet a very large percentage of men in the world would do actions similiar, though not all would be as extreme as Shirou to protect a woman from danger, whether she could defend herself or not.
A very outdated form of thinking considering that alot of countries allow female combatents in the form of foot soldiers, pilots, shock troops, warship captains etc. And no, I don't think a very large percentage of the men in the world think that way, at least most in china does not, (They excute the same amount of females for murder as males). Remmber that the Chivalry stuff only applies to the west and and Asia makes up for almost half of the worlds population. I would say there is something really wrong with you if you willingly jump in front of a two ton sword no matter want the circumstance is. I'm not bashing Shirou, at least he knows what he wants unlike so many other anime characters (damn indecisive, Manaka form Ichigo, Taka of KGNE etc) but really, if all you have is determination and idealism and no real power to force it upon others what good is your ideals? I mean you can try all you want (like Shirou) but with out power you are doomed to fail, determination could only get you so far after that it depends on you ability. For example I used to play semi professional badminton in China for my city in provential games. There are many others who has alot more determination to win then myself ( I was a really lazy bastard) but in the end I still won not because they lack determination but because they lack skill/ability, I was simply faster, taller and more skilled then they are. Same case with Shirou, he does not lack determination but the likes of Hercules or Rider is beyond his ability to win against in his current state yet he keeps on talking about protecting saber.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-09, 00:03   Link #236
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Shirou does defend his ideals. He just doesn't do a very good job of it.

If Relena Peacecraft would have just let Heero be her sword, she could have gotten alot more accomplished with her pacifism talks. Let Heero pacify her opponents.
Defending own ideals and being able to defend own ideals is way of a different things ..

If your country was attacked with tanks, defending it with knives (or boxcutter ) is soo much different then defending it with your own tanks.

Thus in Shirou's position.. if he really, really want to defend Saber, he surely doesnt proactively seek to improves his ability to defend (stupidly like Relena ) . It takes Saber to actively offer to teach... How nice, to have a legendary hero to offer you how to fight How very ...
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-03-09, 01:09   Link #237
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Its brilliant marketing strategy:
1.) Piss fans off
2.) As a result of pissing them off some will leave but more will keep watching in indignation.
3.) if the ending doesn't go their way they'll look at spoilers, play the game, get the ending they want, and swoon over how deep it was compared to the anime.

End result: Hook them for life by antagonizing them.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 01:26   Link #238
justinstrife

I LOVE stirring the pot. It's my mission in life with all discussions I engage people in.

First off lets start with Kira_Naruto. He's a teenager. Logic escapes 99% of teenagers in most things. They don't think things through. They're impulsive, and act through their basic instincts. Shirou's instincts are well grounded, and he acts on them then thinks about what happened later. He's just a little slower than most.

idof: That's nice about how well u do in sports with skill over determination, but there's other factors involved too. Luck, natural ability, circumstance, ect. Someone with less skill can defeat a more skilled opponent with those other factors involved. Skill doesn't get you through 100% of the time. It's just not possible. There's an old west saying,"I'd rather be lucky than good." You'll find that quote has alot of truth to it. Skill will get you through most things, but Luck and circumstance can get you through the rest. And as 'outdated' as my thinking is, how much of your logic on my thinking, opinion? The feminist movement was huge in the United states in the 20th century, yet we're only finding out now, that at least half of what that movement taught women, was flawed. Women are more sensitive in general to child raising. They generally are happier taking care of the kids, and relying more on the male to make the majority of the bread earning(recent studies done in the U.S. just this past month), women excel on average in certain academic subjects better than men, and vice versa. Men and women are not equal. We have our own strengths and weaknesses that inherently make it so that we will never be completely equal. It's how God made us, and it shows up in everything that we do.

Now the one thing I would have done a long time ago, that Shirou never did, was had Saber and Rin train me in combat and magic, so that I would have been more useful in the battlefield(unlike Shirou ATM), and relied more on their power to get my dreams and goals more realized, since my own wouldn't have been enough at the time. He's only now reaching what I would have done from day one. His desire to protect others, and sacrifice himself in order to do so, is admirable, and something I've done on occassion. He just needs to learn how to do it more efficiently. But since I'm 10 years older than him, It's far easier for me to point at his mistakes. At 16, I know very well rationalism was still something I lacked greatly, and I would have been making very similiar decisions as he has. You get the sense of invincibility at that age(I had it and I did everything you could do), and he hasn't yet faced a real consequence that tells him he isn't invincible(like I did when I spent 2 weeks in the hospital and almost lost my leg over a sport injury 4 years ago). For all the people who are beating Shirou to death, my only reply to you is, I'd rather support someone of his heart, than most of you. As his desire to protect others over himself at all cost, is a purity most lack.
Old 2006-03-09, 01:27   Link #239
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
If your country was attacked with tanks, defending it with knives (or boxcutter ) is soo much different then defending it with your own tanks.
I've been thinking mabye Shirou should just buy a gun? (with tranquilizer darts if he doesn't want to hurt anyone ) so the next time he might.. not be ripped apart
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 01:56   Link #240
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Now the one thing I would have done a long time ago, that Shirou never did, was had Saber and Rin train me in combat and magic, so that I would have been more useful in the battlefield(unlike Shirou ATM), and relied more on their power to get my dreams and goals more realized, since my own wouldn't have been enough at the time. He's only now reaching what I would have done from day one. His desire to protect others, and sacrifice himself in order to do so, is admirable, and something I've done on occassion. He just needs to learn how to do it more efficiently. But since I'm 10 years older than him, It's far easier for me to point at his mistakes. At 16, I know very well rationalism was still something I lacked greatly, and I would have been making very similiar decisions as he has. You get the sense of invincibility at that age(I had it and I did everything you could do), and he hasn't yet faced a real consequence that tells him he isn't invincible(like I did when I spent 2 weeks in the hospital and almost lost my leg over a sport injury 4 years ago). For all the people who are beating Shirou to death, my only reply to you is, I'd rather support someone of his heart, than most of you. As his desire to protect others over himself at all cost, is a purity most lack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Thus in Shirou's position.. if he really, really want to defend Saber, he surely doesnt proactively seek to improves his ability to defend (stupidly like Relena ) . It takes Saber to actively offer to teach... How nice, to have a legendary hero to offer you how to fight How very ...
I sentenced mine differently, but it practically the same thing (unless I read wrongly ). In order to defend.. he need to realised that he's stilll inadequate to play the role of protector.. and should seeks ways to increase his ability ... but what did he do so far to go to that direction?

Logic escapes 99% of the times for teens.. The reason I jumped into the anime world is because i did things that 99% of teens would do But because of 1 incident ... I now belong to the other group, BUT for Shirou, how many incidents have happened? 2 near death, 1 revival, and still he foolishly stand without thinking ... -_-''

Shorou Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
I've been thinking mabye Shirou should just buy a gun? (with tranquilizer darts if he doesn't want to hurt anyone ) so the next time he might.. not be ripped apart
Well.. if he upgraded from boxcutter to guns .. I'll applaud him, but fighting tanks with guns is still a foolish thing to do

But if he used tranquilizer I doubt his sanity
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2006-03-09 at 02:06.