Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 21:12   Link #1241
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Discerptor, please do not tell me you are still on that crap about Lelouch not blaming himself or not atoning for it in his own way, because quite obviously we've seen him suffer quite a bit, I won't even go into the Turn 17 thing since we've discussed that to death, but I'll state it right now that from my point of view your point of view needs glasses... and I don't think Lelouch will really blame him for that, a failure to accomplish his mission yes, but more to it given the thing with the locket I think Rolo will be trying to make some moves to insist he's all that Lelouch needs and cause Lelouch to explode in repulsion and what not... >_>
Lelouch has never tried to atone for his own guilt in any of those instances. And in those instances (in order) he blamed C.C. for not killing Mao earlier, his Geass and Rolo/V.V. (this last one is half-justified), and in the only ones where he tried to make anyone "atone," it didn't include himself. Given that you spend more time saying that my point of view is wrong than actually showing it, I think you might need to reevaluate your confidence in your own stance. But this isn't the time for that. This is the time for Rolo discussion. You still haven't taken me up on my PM offer, so I can only assume you don't want to discuss this other topic anyway.

On Rolo: I don't doubt Rolo will try to comfort Lelouch by saying he's there for him and whatnot... holy crap, if Rolo is sneaky enough (and doesn't get how he words things fumbled by plot stupidity), he might actually get Lelouch to accept him!
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:28   Link #1242
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Lelouch has never tried to atone for his own guilt in any of those instances. And in those instances (in order) he blamed C.C. for not killing Mao earlier, his Geass and Rolo/V.V. (this last one is half-justified), and in the only ones where he tried to make anyone "atone," it didn't include himself. Given that you spend more time saying that my point of view is wrong than actually showing it, I think you might need to reevaluate your confidence in your own stance. But this isn't the time for that. This is the time for Rolo discussion. You still haven't taken me up on my PM offer, so I can only assume you don't want to discuss this other topic anyway.

On Rolo: I don't doubt Rolo will try to comfort Lelouch by saying he's there for him and whatnot... holy crap, if Rolo is sneaky enough (and doesn't get how he words things fumbled by plot stupidity), he might actually get Lelouch to accept him!
Now right there, you're missing the whole picture again, go back to that point where Shirley was breaking down in front of him in Stage 14 where he said he'd take up all the sins she was blaming herself and him for and he took that on in the form of losing her while trying to give her her life back during the memory mindwipe, look at how depressed and remorseful he is when he talks to her at the end of the episode about how he realized what he'd lost then. As for her death, rewind the clock back to Turn 12, when Villeta suggested he use Shirley to take his hat since she loves him to which he replied "And that is exactly why I don't want her to get involved anymore" while looking depressed again. Now tell me he doesn't blame himself after the way he basically isolates his presence like its some kind of pestilence. I've done everything to show your point of view is wrong up till now, you just won't listen or open your eyes. My confidence is that last thing I need work on, just my general frustration and aggravation in your lack of consideration and ignorance on more then a few occasions leads me to the point where I'm reluctant to fill my mail box with this crap while counseling Dann at the same time constantly, but if you want to PM me go right ahead, I simply don't care for these generally lackluster and oversimplified statements of yours is all and if this isn't the time for that then I suggest you show some restraint in your Lelouch character assassination bias when you post a little more, 'kay?

But yes, on Rolo, not in this case if the preview is any indication as I was saying, being selfish again and trying to trick his way in like he's been doing won't get him anywhere, I feel that if it happens it'll happen when he makes an honest gesture for once towards his end I believe.
Old 2008-08-11, 21:32   Link #1243
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Now right there, you're missing the whole picture again, go back to that point where Shirley was breaking down in front of him in Stage 14 where he said he'd take up all the sins she was blaming herself and him for and he took that on in the form of losing her while trying to give her her life back during the memory mindwipe, look at how depressed and remorseful he is when he talks to her at the end of the episode about how he realized what he'd lost then. As for her death, rewind the clock back to Turn 12, when Villeta suggested he use Shirley to take his hat since she loves him to which he replied "And that is exactly why I don't want her to get involved anymore" while looking depressed again. Now tell me he doesn't blame himself after the way he basically isolates his presence like its some kind of pestilence. I've done everything to show your point of view is wrong up till now, you just won't listen or open your eyes. My confidence is that last thing I need work on, just my general frustration and aggravation in your lack of consideration and ignorance on more then a few occasions leads me to the point where I'm reluctant to fill my mail box with this crap while counseling Dann at the same time constantly, but if you want to PM me go right ahead, I simply don't care for these generally lackluster and oversimplified statements of yours is all and if this isn't the time for that then I suggest you show some restraint in your Lelouch character assassination bias when you post a little more, 'kay?
tl;dr. PM me if you want to talk about it. I won't sully this thread any further with an off-topic argument with you. Not my fault you keep turning down my offer to discuss this in an appropriate and less time-constrained venue.

Quote:
But yes, on Rolo, not in this case if the preview is any indication as I was saying, being selfish again and trying to trick his way in like he's been doing won't get him anywhere, I feel that if it happens it'll happen when he makes an honest gesture for once towards his end I believe.
Well of course, it's a Sunrise animé.
Old 2008-08-11, 21:43   Link #1244
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
tl;dr. PM me if you want to talk about it. I won't sully this thread any further with an off-topic argument with you. Not my fault you keep turning down my offer to discuss this in an appropriate and less time-constrained venue.

Well of course, it's a Sunrise animé.
It's not like I don't think you have a point, or that I don't acknowledge the presence of what your aiming at, I just think you're being too partial to one aspect of Lelouch when he's much more complicated then that, at the same time discounting the presence of his more humane persona which I believe is constantly there, struggling with this darker nature at the same time instead of being dominated by it. That's all I really have to say on the matter, and maybe you'll take that into consideration or maybe you won't, but carrying on this conversation is becoming pointless so I'll stop now. Just try and re-frame from making it off-topic yourself sometime alright?

Oh, so your with me on the whole, 'they plan to redeem Rolo's character towards the end" then? Go figure
Old 2008-08-11, 22:16   Link #1245
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Wow. Talked about rollo is such a prick & hypocrite to lelouch. And i can't really wait to see lulu spill the beans to rollo (well, you know in the preview).

did you guys know that before turn 17 aired that i says 'He's gonna kill nunally!' and well, this is what happens. And i was right, you know. I knew it but thank god it's not the case bcoz i've almost got nearly get a grip when i watching him and i have a Photogenic Memory.

and i guess you are maybe right after i've just read all of your shitloads of comments about him.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-08-12 at 02:39.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:18   Link #1246
KrimzonStriker

I'm hoping for it'll be the wake up call he needs when it happens, hence why I have high hopes that at the end we'll see his character shine at least once before the end
Old 2008-08-11, 22:20   Link #1247
Poorboy93

Discerptor and Krimzom, are you guys trying to convince each other your right? I guess you have to as stubbern as the other person in order for them to listen to your point

Discerptor, are you saying that Lulu has no feelings, and simple Minded?
Poorboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:22   Link #1248
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboy93 View Post
Discerptor and Krimzom, are you guys trying to convince each other your right? I guess you have to as stubbern as the other person in order for them to listen to your point

Don't bring this up when we just put it to rest man. If he responds, I'll respond and I seriously am tired here ... <_<
Old 2008-08-11, 22:25   Link #1249
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:

That's almost the exact opposite of what I think about whatever faults Lulu has, on both counts. But we resolved not to discuss this here already. Your efforts are slightly wasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri
Wow. Talked about rollo is such a prick & hypocrite to lelouch. And i can't really wait to see lulu spill his beans to rollo (well, you know in the preview).
What beans?
Old 2008-08-11, 22:28   Link #1250
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The beans that he's a rag Lelouch was going to throw away after he was useless.
Old 2008-08-11, 22:30   Link #1251
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The beans that he's a rag Lelouch was going to throw away after he was useless.
Oh... those beans. I think Rolo will be hurt and become so moe that Lelouch can't help but come to his senses out of feeling bad for making Rolo cry after seeing whatever is inside the locket... maybe.
Old 2008-08-11, 22:30   Link #1252
Poorboy93

Quote:
That's almost the exact opposite of what I think about whatever faults Lulu has, on both counts. But we resolved not to discuss this here already. Your efforts are slightly wasted.

What beans?
Beans? lol random, So only slightly? I was only wondering, take this to the Lulu thread so you can discuss it
Poorboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:36   Link #1253
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Beans? lol random, So only slightly? I was only wondering, take this to the Lulu thread so you can discuss it
I'll have so many replies in there that I can't possibly get to them all in a timely fashion, and then if I leave for a day or two there's no way the discussion will be even vaguely relevant anymore. That's why I think PM would be the best venue for Krimzon and myself if we choose to discuss our differences.

And yes, beans. They're almost as tasty as Schneizel cake. I also think they will be the cause of Rolo showing us a level of moe that rivals even C.Chii's. Expanding on my post from right before this, I think the picture in Rolo's locket might just be a picture of him and Lelouch smiling together.
Old 2008-08-11, 22:44   Link #1254
KrimzonStriker

I don't think there was ever a mention of a picture in the locket, as more to the points made that it was actually a music box instead >_>
Old 2008-08-11, 22:45   Link #1255
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
I don't think there was ever a mention of a picture in the locket, as more to the points made that it was actually a music box instead >_>
Why can't it be a music box AND have a picture inside? :P
Old 2008-08-11, 22:56   Link #1256
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Quote:
Wait, wait, wait.
Didn't the diagram/ reference sheet for the locket hint that something
was inside of it? Because I could've sworn it read 'Please don't show what is on the inside' or something.
Wait, here, found the post-
Spoiler for Scan from Koshimizu:

So, what the heck is inside it then?
A heart monitor? A picture of Nunnally? Picture of him and Lelouch? Voice recorder? Detonator for something? The key to the world?
...Now I'll admit I'm grabbing at random nothings here

a picture of them as kids
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 23:03   Link #1257
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
No reason, just don't have any indication of such is all, only mention about it was the music box and that's it to my recollection <_<

Worriors: Ahh, you can't have much of a music box if the contents are empty you know, more likely then not its just the components to sing the song and what have you. Well even if it does have a picture, the main thing is its significance will finally come to light as will Rolo's, I'm hoping anyway >_>
Old 2008-08-11, 23:12   Link #1258
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
No reason, just don't have any indication of such is all, only mention about it was the music box and that's it to my recollection <_<

Worriors: Ahh, you can't have much of a music box if the contents are empty you know, more likely then not its just the components to sing the song and what have you. Well even if it does have a picture, the main thing is its significance will finally come to light as will Rolo's, I'm hoping anyway >_>
Actually, I think I've seen a locket kinda like his. The components for the music box are shoved into one side of the locket. I don't really think with their technology it needs to be very big for one recording..
So the other side could hold any number of objects.. So long as they're very.. Very small. And it still irks me seeing as he's always looking at something that is inside it. Good grief, we wait for 19-20 episodes just to see what is in the friggin locket? What kind of scam is that?

But yes. I hope Rolo's significance is brought to light too, along with the locket.
Crap, if Lelouch doesn't break it first, he might keep it as a momento - to quit lying, prehaps? Or place it on Rolo's grave at the end of the series..
That is, if Rolo dies.
Be a sweet ending though.
Here's hoping.
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 10:48   Link #1259
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
Good grief, we wait for 19-20 episodes just to see what is in the friggin locket? What kind of scam is that?
Indeed!
I've been waiting since episode 2 to see what is inside that thing, I am still betting on a picture of lelouch sleeping and rolo kissing him in his sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
But yes. I hope Rolo's significance is brought to light too, along with the locket.
Crap, if Lelouch doesn't break it first, he might keep it as a momento - to quit lying, prehaps? Or place it on Rolo's grave at the end of the series..
That is, if Rolo dies.
Be a sweet ending though.
Here's hoping.
I can see a "Light at L's funeral" scene coming up
with Lelouch climbing on his grave and starts going bananas while hes barking on all fours.
Old 2008-08-12, 11:12   Link #1260
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine
with Lelouch climbing on his grave and starts going bananas while hes barking on all fours.
lol please no that was the most creepy scene in DN
besides i doubt anyone will actually make a grave for rolo

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote