Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-05, 07:16   Link #401
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They're pretty bad, though they've got nothing on the silly Tytania costumes that are just that awesome. It's Gundam Wing outfits all over again.
Well if you're going to go old European, I prefer Victorian fashion.
Old 2008-11-05, 12:33   Link #402
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Outfits aside, I really like this anime! I really had my doubts about it when reading the synopsis about the series, but after watching a few episodes it really fits in to the type of genre I really like. My friends laugh at the OP score, but to me I really like it, as it sets the perfect tone for the series. I am enjoying this series more than GW at the moment, and will probably be my favourite anime this season
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 04:16   Link #403
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
They're pretty bad, though they've got nothing on the silly Tytania costumes that are just that awesome. It's Gundam Wing outfits all over again.
Only the Organization of The Zodiac and Romefeller Foundation characters though. Everything else was relatively modern.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 06:07   Link #404
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Only the Organization of The Zodiac and Romefeller Foundation characters though. Everything else was relatively modern.
Yep. That was what i was aiming at, especially Treize Khushrenada.
Old 2008-11-07, 02:04   Link #405
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Yep. That was what i was aiming at, especially Treize Khushrenada.
Just for fun lets do a comparison:

Spoiler for Fancy Dressin':

God I love that style of dress. The Union outfit in Gundam 00 comes close, but not quite. Anyway, it's all definitely in the same sort of 18th century European style. Personally I'm all game for a civilization that goes back to garbs with more flair as opposed to moving toward the stereotypical Sci-Fi jumpsuit and universal fashion sense. Better to express yourself in the future if you're going to be a super power and it's hard to deny that Tytania's sense of fashion is perfectly fitting for how pompous and arrogant they are.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 08:27   Link #406
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So i sat down last night and watched the first 4 episodes and i was really ecstatic about the series. The character designs, the back round animation, the BGM and the characters clothes were all excellent. I am going to have to rewatch them since i feel i miss somethings but my over impression is very favorable. I love sci-fi and this is just excellent kind of the same feeling i got when i watched Crest and Banner of the Stars for the first time. The outfits are just outstanding gives me a GundamW feel to it. Very good series will be keeping an eye out for more episodes. There is nothing a lazy bum who becomes an unwilling hero lol.
Old 2008-11-07, 08:43   Link #407
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
God I love that style of dress.
Believe me you're not the only one. For me to just comes across as being so damn over the top, though at the same time fits the characters perfectly --- especially Treize Khushrenada, though that man's a legend already.

& yeah, it's also perfect for the arrogant side of Tytania we've seen so far.
Old 2008-11-07, 10:53   Link #408
golthin

Quote:
& yeah, it's also perfect for the arrogant side of Tytania we've seen so far.
their arrogance is well founded as we see in episode 5
Spoiler for episode 5:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 22:42   Link #409
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
I guess it makes sense when you see it that way. No hostages means fsked rebels.

Still, that ep. isn't the greatest in the bunch, though it was nice to see a Tytania not kicking puppies for a change...
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 23:02   Link #410
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
I guess it makes sense when you see it that way. No hostages means fsked rebels.

Still, that ep. isn't the greatest in the bunch, though it was nice to see a Tytania not kicking puppies for a change...
The episode was not ground breaking and didn't advance the story very much. It just showed us that even as bad as Tytania is, many people are happy to live under their rule. that is the moral of the story.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 23:45   Link #411
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The episode was not ground breaking and didn't advance the story very much. It just showed us that even as bad as Tytania is, many people are happy to live under their rule. that is the moral of the story.
So it isn't about being bad but not being bad enough huh?

Why do I have a feeling Idris will aggravate the situation of the empire?

Even the Ajman called Idris's idol the 2nd clan lord a coward.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 14:11   Link #412
Jimmy C

Actually, I believe he said every clan lord after the second was a coward because they acted as if their power could end just like that at any time.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 21:16   Link #413
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

I posted a photoessay on episode three

Some screenshots:

Spoiler:

EDIT:

Here is episode four

Some screenshots:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Celestial Kitsune; 2008-11-09 at 22:41.
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 22:45   Link #414
kamikazex

ep 5 was weakest by far..
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 23:24   Link #415
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I'll have to gracefully disagree on that one. Episode 5 was definitely one of the stronger episodes. The plot has actually advanced for once as the first 4 eps were about setting the stage really.

Without a doubt, Van Hyulick will somehow find his way to the Tyrandia fleet. Even if he does, Tytania is for sure going to lose the space battle in the next episode.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 23:30   Link #416
Kirarakim

I actually liked episode 5 as well. Maybe not my favorite episode but it was nice to get something from the Tytania perspective and Jouslain is my favorite from that group.

Btw is it Fan or Van?
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 23:35   Link #417
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I actually liked episode 5 as well. Maybe not my favorite episode but it was nice to get something from the Tytania perspective and Jouslain is my favorite from that group.

Btw is it Fan or Van?
Fan Hulic

You know what I'm curious about Fan being a prisoner of Titania once. Before being made admiral by Euria.

He doesn't seem to have a grudge, he sees Titania more like a hassle.

Perhaps there is more to that period than meets the eye.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 00:47   Link #418
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I'll have to gracefully disagree on that one. Episode 5 was definitely one of the stronger episodes. The plot has actually advanced for once as the first 4 eps were about setting the stage really.

Without a doubt, Van Hyulick will somehow find his way to the Tyrandia fleet. Even if he does, Tytania is for sure going to lose the space battle in the next episode.

the problem is that Tyrandia has no legitemacy at the moment, having overthrown the rightful ruler. The question is whether Fan will agree to lead them. Even he would have reservations about that.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 00:58   Link #419
TakiAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I'll have to disagree that Tytania will lose the space battle in the next episode. Unless they are setting Ariabart (sp) to be the laughing stock within Tytania, I don't think he'll lose. At the very least the battle may come out even. And I doubt Turandia will gain any support from other countries, like Jouslain said, it will seem nothing more than a coup d'etat without the ruler waving the war flag. Which may as well have been the reason why Latesha committed suicide. *Damn these names*
TakiAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 01:03   Link #420
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
their arrogance is well founded as we see in episode 5
Spoiler for episode 5:
I think a lot has to do with Jouslain being a manipulative bastard playing of the duchess's feelings of devotion towards Tytania.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, space opera