Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-09, 05:32   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minase View Post
no...
only W and SEED (incl Destiny), G Gundam is also have 5 "good" Gundams, but not present until few eps
And X too had 5 Gundams by the time the fifth episode hit.

But the FIRST "Gundam Team" in history DID have four "Gundams" - in Gundam ZZ, the "Gundam Team" consisted of ZZ, Zeta, Mark II and Hyaku Shiki (not a Gundam per se, but part of the team).
Old 2007-10-09, 05:38   Link #22
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
And X too had 5 Gundams by the time the fifth episode hit.

But they ARE doing things differently for this series, so four is a welcome change.
I think currently there are 4 because you have one pilot representing each area of interest in the 00 universe: Europe, Americas, Asia, and the Middle-East as the wild card due to the main character's background.

It is entirely possible that any other new Gundam in the same line would be given a pilot of another region. Japan would be likely as others pointed out.
Old 2007-10-09, 05:41   Link #23
Blaat

GN-004 will either be the 5th sentai member, as suggest by Brightman in the first episode discussion thread or it will be gundamjacked.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 05:58   Link #24
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
GN-004 ... will be gundamjacked.
Since CB is currently in control of gundams, then if that were to happen, it would probably be done by one of the three major nations. And I hope that doesn't happen, because then they'd probably start mass producing based on whatever gundam they stole. And that would ruin the experience for me if I start seeing 00's version of GM/Dagger. Of course, if only the technology is copied, then it would be fine. But seeing as there is already a precedent in the show (Flag and Enact)...
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 06:43   Link #25
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Since CB is currently in control of gundams, then if that were to happen, it would probably be done by one of the three major nations. And I hope that doesn't happen, because then they'd probably start mass producing based on whatever gundam they stole. And that would ruin the experience for me if I start seeing 00's version of GM/Dagger. Of course, if only the technology is copied, then it would be fine. But seeing as there is already a precedent in the show (Flag and Enact)...
There is absolutely no reason for a copied tech to resemble the original physically. Especially since all you need is to add the engine on the back and everything else could be as different as you like.

By the way, GMs make sense. There is no reason a world power would not upgrade its grunts with cost-effective new equipment. This is meant to be a Super vs Real robot show, and Real robots should be allowed to have any tech the nations could afford to field.
Old 2007-10-09, 07:24   Link #26
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is absolutely no reason for a copied tech to resemble the original physically. Especially since all you need is to add the engine on the back and everything else could be as different as you like.
Of course, and like I said, that's what I would prefer to see if such a thing were to happen. But like I also said, they already got the Flag-Enact case going on (not that one is necessarily copying from the other, I'm still not sure about the backgrounds of the two suits). Either way, similarities could still occur if they wanted to. I would just like it better if it doesn't come to that.
Quote:
By the way, GMs make sense.
Well, that's because they had no other MP suits before. This is not the case with 00.
Quote:
There is no reason a world power would not upgrade its grunts with cost-effective new equipment.
And there's no reason why a mass produced ms would look similar to the gundams if all you're doing is copying the technology. Of course, many times functions determine forms. But we're talking about giant robots here, so I think they could keep the distinctions between gundams and non-gundams without too much of a problem.
Quote:
This is meant to be a Super vs Real robot show, and Real robots should be allowed to have any tech the nations could afford to field.
I can agree with that, I just hope they would still have their very own different designs compared to the gundams while incorporating any new tech the writers could think of.
Old 2007-10-14, 17:26   Link #27
Astaroth

At this point of the show, anything we say is pure speculation but surely enough the gn 003-005 gap isn't casual.

Anyway this series will need more gundams or at least some good comander units for the "bad" guys or it wil be too one sided.

Still hoping to see the RX-78 (GN-000?) and its pilot as a kick ass character.
Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:14   Link #28
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

And voiced by Toru Furuya!
Old 2007-10-15, 02:40   Link #29
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I think, if anything, we can conclude the fact that CB has been operating for quite some time. The founder died "200" years ago, after all, and Setsuna encounters a Gundam in the prologue to Episode 1. Moreover, the other Gundam Meisters mention that it's Setsuna's first battle mission in Episode 2... we could probably assume the other Meisters have had previous missions, and Setsuna is the newbie.

The fourth was probably either destroyed, or just hasn't been introduced yet.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 22:08   Link #30
cyoti

I find it curious that none of the big three are aware of CB previously especially what happened in the beginning of Episode One in the bombed out city.

Last edited by cyoti; 2007-10-16 at 22:21.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 00:28   Link #31
ckthye86
Almost 24/7 busy >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
GN-004 will either be the 5th sentai member, as suggest by Brightman in the first episode discussion thread or it will be gundamjacked.
We now know that this will be quite impossible after watching ep2. Unless they got the eyeball of the Gundam meisters (Angel and Demon, anyone?)
ckthye86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 00:30   Link #32
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
I find it curious that none of the big three are aware of CB previously especially what happened in the beginning of Episode One in the bombed out city.
Maybe some of higher ups knew about CB but chose to ignore them either because they haven't done anything major since then or it suits their needs (whatever they may be) to keep quiet for the time being.

But even if none did, we don't know if the pilot of that mobile suit identified him/herself or the organization he/she belongs to, if there's any. That mobile suit probably left as quickly as it appeared.
Old 2007-10-17, 05:36   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckthye86 View Post
We now know that this will be quite impossible after watching ep2. Unless they got the eyeball of the Gundam meisters (Angel and Demon, anyone?)
Code Geass had security systems for their Knightmares too... And still there were more Knightmare-jacking than any other recent series to date. Of course, there was the Geass to explain away most of it, but still, when it came to the Gawain, the security was conveniently explained away, probably not unlike how they can do it in this series if they really want some jacking.

The security system, IMO, is used to make the Gundamjacking more difficult and more believable if it actually happens, so it doesn't seem like everyone and their baby sister can jack a Gundam without trying.
Old 2007-10-18, 15:34   Link #34
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Yeah, but didn't all the Knightmare Frames have to prevent security were ignition keys? Not much better than a car if you ask me. The Gundams of 00 have retinal scans and the like, which is far more secure.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 17:33   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Yeah, but didn't all the Knightmare Frames have to prevent security were ignition keys? Not much better than a car if you ask me. The Gundams of 00 have retinal scans and the like, which is far more secure.
No, there was a passcode AND an ignition key.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the jacking of the Gawain (which HAD no security because it was "incomplete"). The same can happen with GN-004 or whatever, if the writers wish it.
Old 2007-10-18, 21:07   Link #36
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckthye86 View Post
Or the Meister is a traitor/deserter.

But I get the feeling that Student could be a Gundam Meister. Because he's not involved with anything, yet we're shown him.....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 02:57   Link #37
zephyrus

i guess we're ruling out the fact it may have been an error in the mechanics naming when the suits were being designed? (yes i know its totally unlikely, but im just voicing a possibility.)

I dont see how CB would let someone steal a gundam and let them run away, and i mean where would the 004 hide, in this universe it seems to a bit hard to hide, they deetect anything entering the atmosphere, and can bring up any images of them, therefore anything entering the atmosphere would be detected, meaning everyone'' know a gundam exists before CB even starts up their missions. unless its a stealth type suit O_o which it definetly could be.
zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 05:42   Link #38
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrus View Post
I dont see how CB would let someone steal a gundam and let them run away, and i mean where would the 004 hide, in this universe it seems to a bit hard to hide, they deetect anything entering the atmosphere, and can bring up any images of them, therefore anything entering the atmosphere would be detected, meaning everyone'' know a gundam exists before CB even starts up their missions. unless its a stealth type suit O_o which it definetly could be.
Considering the CB built a spaceship and a bunch of Gundam without being detected, I doubt it'd be too hard to remain hidden...

Though now that CB might have some kind of outer space base...

And Dynames seemed to have entered Earth undetected just fine... Haven't heard anything about it being a stealth suit though.
Old 2007-10-19, 18:45   Link #39
zephyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Considering the CB built a spaceship and a bunch of Gundam without being detected, I doubt it'd be too hard to remain hidden...

Though now that CB might have some kind of outer space base...

And Dynames seemed to have entered Earth undetected just fine... Haven't heard anything about it being a stealth suit though.
ah i forgot about that ^_^;;
zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 23:09   Link #40
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
I think #4 will probably be a red gundam, and I bet that blonde guy will get it somehow, and be the main rival for Setsuna after he gets his butt handed to him in the beginning of ep 3.