AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 43 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 37.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-25, 02:10   Link #101
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
fan-service in general or ecchi in particular because in the former case, ep.3 had as much as each of the other two episodes, but in the later only Nadeko's headpiece adventure
Well, when I talk about fanservice I typically mean just the sexual type. It takes awhile for things like insider jokes and otaku references to become heavy enough to really stand out to me. A few here and there just strike me as the anime equivalent of "Easter Eggs" in Superhero movies. They're neat references for people who get them, and they're no problem unless they actually start to bewilder general audiences.

So yeah, I'm basically talking about ecchi material.
Old 2012-01-25, 04:06   Link #102
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ This is the sequel we're talking about here. This is a light novel adaptation we're taking about here. This is NISIOISIN — who is famous for his metahumor — we're talking about here.

Take the metahumor and "arousing scenery" and we're taking away what made the Bakemonogatari series famous.

If you have watched and enjoyed Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari would be a similar feel more or less.
Taking out the ecchi would just make Nise incomplete.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 06:04   Link #103
zeando
maybenotimome

the middle way should exists, not only too much or none
different matter is if episode 2 is considered by someone "normal", but for someone else isn't
and for those whom it wasn't, the matter wasn't even too much fanservice,, but the little development in the story

anyway, enouth of this, finally the story is back so there is something to discuss other than fanservice
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 06:43   Link #104
teja208
Critical fanboy

Guess I'm probably the only person who lol when GAR Koyomi breaks out from his confinement handcuffs cause I remembered the very same guy screams "KYA KYA KYA" like a helpless little sissy while being raped by his kohai last week.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 10:37   Link #105
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Guess I'm probably the only person who lol when GAR Koyomi breaks out from his confinement handcuffs cause I remembered the very same guy screams "KYA KYA KYA" like a helpless little sissy while being raped by his kohai last week.
Keep in mind her left arm still retains its super strength (the same one she previously used to rip out his internal organs )

Then again, maybe he was unconsciously enjoying it, she was using her right arm to pin him.
Old 2012-01-25, 13:52   Link #106
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
it is not rape if you enjoy it and we all know Koyomi is a M. And like Fenir said, she still got the monkey arm.
Old 2012-01-25, 14:11   Link #107
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Whoa man, that was poetic.
Thanks for reminding me about Shinobu dwelling in Koyomi's shadow. Hope she comes out sometime in future episodes. Shadow sounds poetic indeed. Shadow is like another half of you; a reflection of everything you ever did including the good, the bad, and the ugly from taking a leak to jacking off, so yeah, Shinobu is part of that now?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 14:27   Link #108
Caithsith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Keep in mind her left arm still retains its super strength (the same one she previously used to rip out his internal organs )

Then again, maybe he was unconsciously enjoying it, she was using her right arm to pin him.
maybe he suppressed his power for fear of hurting Kanbaru? i mean he can break free from those handcuffs effortlessly.
and IIRC in his encounter againts rainy devil he deliberately made himself weaker by having Shinobu sucked his blood because he didn't want Kanbaru to be injured.
Caithsith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 14:32   Link #109
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caithsith View Post
IIRC in his encounter againts rainy devil he deliberately made himself weaker by having Shinobu sucked his blood because he didn't want Kanbaru to be injured.
It's the opposite. When Shinobu sucks his blood Araragi becomes more of a vampire, so he gets stronger.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 14:39   Link #110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

ISTR it made him stronger.

Drinking Shinobu's blood makes him human-like. Having his blood drunk makes him vampire-like.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 14:48   Link #111
Caithsith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
ISTR it made him stronger.

Drinking Shinobu's blood makes him human-like. Having his blood drunk makes him vampire-like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
It's the opposite. When Shinobu sucks his blood Araragi becomes more of a vampire, so he gets stronger.
oops, thanks for the correction.
still think Araragi consciously supressed his power though.
Caithsith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 17:23   Link #112
Clarste
Human

Well, he explicitly tells us that he avoids fighting with his sisters out of fear of killing them, so why wouldn't he apply to other people as well? Even if Kanbaru has a strong arm the rest of her is still human.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 09:46   Link #113
klare

this eps reminds me why i like Bake, the OP is also better for actually showing Hitagi instead of her shadow

at the end there, Hitagi looks like talking to her boss on the phone, which was Hanekawa but i can imagine she was actually talking politely to Hitagi... still she is amazing to be able to make Hitagi react like that

the Kaiki guy does look creepy
Old 2012-01-26, 12:45   Link #114
kitten320

Kaiki's voice is exactly like Hijikata's from Hakuouki! It will take some time to get used to it without imagining the samurai dude.
Old 2012-01-27, 03:53   Link #115
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I can't remember. What was it? lol
After Araragi uses the courage trick on her Hachikuji goes down on her hands and knees, when she pulls herself back up, she does a stagger with limp arms dangling and head back before finally snapping her head to face him. It's from one of the Eva fights. :-D
Old 2012-01-27, 10:12   Link #116
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Klare: Kaiki, looks creepy Meme was keeping around a scantily dressed elementary school (-looking) girl in an abandoned building, that even Hitagi was afraid of getting rapped there... and Kaiki looks creepy He looks like any upstanding member of our modern society
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 18:56   Link #117
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Kaiki turns me on, I like him. Also his BG music was awesome. Great episode.
Old 2012-01-31, 01:23   Link #118
Azuma Denton
~AD~

After all this years, the Fascination still remains...
Senjougahara~sama is still the same if not more awesome...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote