AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 01:41   Link #161
QueenNori

The 2nd manga is also called "Rozen Maiden" (written in Katakana).
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 03:48   Link #162
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
From what I understand there was a dispute between the anime producers and publishers of the manga. The anime Overtook the Manga and went to its own conclusion in season 2 while the manga went on hiatus for months until it was finally Cut Short with a Deus ex Machina (and an apology for doing so).

A new manga series is currently being published under the name Rozen Maiden Tale. It's an alternate universe story starring a much older Jun Sakurada, which follows what would have happened if Jun had responded "do not wind" to the initial letter, and crosses over with the original universe.
Spoiler for A few chapters later in the manga:
The reason for the second manga was do to a screw-up on the magazine company's part, as a result, Peach-Pit had to do a fast rewrite of the 7th volume, which was significantly smaller then the previous volumes.
Needless to say, they left the magazine company shortly after that.
Also:
Spoiler for Spoiler about the recent chapters:

I haven't heard anything about a dispute between Peach-Pit and the anime producers, but since Peach-Pit has taken the series in a different direction then they had originally intended to go, and the anime producers altered quite a bit themselfs with Träumend, its not too surprising why they would make changes to it.
Then again, there is no telling what Peach-Pit and the producers of Träumend talked about prior to releasing it; though it may seem unlikely, it is possible that they may have had Peach-Pit's approval on the changes in Träumend, on the grounds that if the anime is too similar to the manga, a lot of people will say: 'I've already seen it', and not bother with reading the original.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-03 at 04:34.
Palsa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 04:13   Link #163
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

OMYGOD, OMYGOD, OMYGOD, NEW ANIME! DESU DESU DESU DESU!

Can't wait!!!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 19:28   Link #164
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

sooon desu.
Old 2013-07-06, 21:29   Link #165
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I literally just saw this by chance. So it's finally finishing the Alice Game?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 01:22   Link #166
chaos_animagic

Not sure how I feel about this...

I read a few chapters of this new anime's manga, and it's like 75% more drama and 50% less interesting compared to Rozen Maiden's first series...

Think I'll watch a few more episodes before I make my decision.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 17:54   Link #167
StainGlass

Has this series been confirmed as 12 episodes?

It looks like we'll only see the first half of Tales then unless another sequel is confirmed?
StainGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 20:29   Link #168
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainGlass View Post
Has this series been confirmed as 12 episodes?

It looks like we'll only see the first half of Tales then unless another sequel is confirmed?
13 episodes, technically, but you could argue that Episode 1 is a sort of recap so kind of doesn't count.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:44   Link #169
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Not sure how I feel about this...

I read a few chapters of this new anime's manga, and it's like 75% more drama and 50% less interesting compared to Rozen Maiden's first series...

Think I'll watch a few more episodes before I make my decision.
Just for the sake of clarification: the 2002 Rozen Maiden manga from Peach-Pit came first.
The 2004 first season of the anime (as awesome as it was) deviated quite a bit from the original concept, and the 2005 Rozen Maiden: Träumend anime deviated significantly more.
Seeing as the anime grew in popularity, you could say that it was starting to overshadow the original manga, which was a product of Peach-Pit; furthermore the alterations made the anime so different that it would be impossible to make a third season and stay true to Peach-Pit's concept.
That being said, the new 2013 anime had to revert back to the original manga's story; but, as there have already been two seasons of anime, it wouldn't be fair to people that had seen the anime but hadn't read the manga, so the first episode is a quick recap of the manga from volumes 1-7.
Now, could they have done a better job? Yes!!
But only if they had stretched the recap into 2-4 episodes, or made it into a movie; the later of which would have cost a lot more, and the likelihood of a new season/series would have disappeared, where the former would have eaten up precious episode space for the new series.
I have followed the series since the first season, I've seen every episode and have read every chapter; a lot of the reason why this new series is being made is do to the existing fans wanting more from the series.
If anyone is not familiar with the series and the first episode didn't explain it enough, go out and read the manga, or watch the 2004 series; that information already exists, so it's not necessary for them to retell everything, as that just takes up episode space.
My advice in regards to the new series, is to consider episode 1 as episode 0, it is not the starting point of this series, the actual first episode is 2.

Also, chaos_animagic, I just wanted to add that the total of what I just wrote up is not directed towards your post.
Old 2013-07-14, 03:12   Link #170
StainGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
13 episodes, technically, but you could argue that Episode 1 is a sort of recap so kind of doesn't count.
Thanks for confirming that!
Kind of disappointing we'll still have to hope for another season for the story to be completed. But who knows how much more Peach-Pit have up their sleeve for the manga too, unless of course, DEEN deviates from the material themselves
StainGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 22:03   Link #171
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just as a note, I moved some posts to the Spoiler & Speculation thread
Old 2013-07-15, 12:25   Link #172
QueenNori

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
According to Sentai, it's 12 episodes.
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=113286
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 12:57   Link #173
Horse

It should be 13 considering the 7 volume DVD/BD release schedule. While not impossible, it's kind of unlikely they'd have two volumes with only one episode.

Maybe sentai didn't license the recap, lol.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 13:32   Link #174
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
It should be 13 considering the 7 volume DVD/BD release schedule. While not impossible, it's kind of unlikely they'd have two volumes with only one episode.

Maybe sentai didn't license the recap, lol.
Yes, also based on the price of the volumes, volumes 2 to 7 will have two episodes each, so it is 13. I think Sentai was just copy/pasting their boilerplate text and failed to update the count properly (they may have been told that it was "1-cour" and whoever wrote it up just assumed that meant 12). Either that or, as you say, they may not be counting/including one episode... but I think that is less likely.
Old 2013-07-18, 13:33   Link #175
Subayai

As a Rozen Maiden fan, I wish there are actually 13 episodes.

However, shoboi lists only 12 episodes:
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/3015/time

Also, during the seiyuus interview posted in the website, Morinaga Rika (Souseiseki) said the 1st episode would have as much development as the other 11...

Could it be that the last DVD/BD volume contains some kind of OVA/special?
Subayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 13:40   Link #176
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
As a Rozen Maiden fan, I wish there are actually 13 episodes.

However, shoboi lists only 12 episodes:
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/3015/time
Doesn't have an End kanji after ep12 so nothing "confirmed" there.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 17:01   Link #177
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Doesn't have an End kanji after ep12 so nothing "confirmed" there.
That's true, I hadn't thought of that.
So this is good, there might be a 13th episode after all.
Old 2013-07-19, 02:31   Link #178
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To be fair, it's not impossible that the 13th episode could end up being a BD/DVD-exclusive and not air on TV. This is definitely something fairly common for TBS/Pony Canyon shows.
Old 2013-08-10, 16:53   Link #179
Subayai

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but:

In Episode 5, we found that the story of the girl and the matryoshka doll is a book titled "Tenohira no ningyou (A doll in the palm of my hand). This book is in the bookstore where Jun works and we see it again in the preview for Episode 7.

From the preview images for Ep 7 in the Rozen Maiden anime website,
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/rozen/sto...j.html#story07
it appears that Jun gives this book to Shinku as a wrapped present. Then they read it together.

It would seem that this was the purpose of including short fragments of this book's story in the anime. For comparison, in the manga they read the newspaper together. Maybe the animators thought that reading a book suited the scene better. It is well known that Shinku is fond of reading so a book is a good present for her, I think.
Old 2014-01-02, 07:57   Link #180
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Woo hoo its been quite a while since I've been this excited about anything!

I've had a brief look at the comments of this thread and I feel that I might not like it... (as much as the first set as I love the comedy elements)

I missed the release, but I guess that allows me to do a marathon this weekend. With 12 episodes I will have enough time to watch the original if I need to purge myself of this one!