AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-26, 14:21   Link #2741
Mitch
aka Akatsuki
*Fansubber

Group: Rocket Gang

Projects: Anime that needs to be subbed or needs saving. It doesn't hurt us to pick a new show too. Right now we want to do Doraemon(2005).

Looking for

Translator:
Looking for a Japanese to English translator. We're open with starting new projects too. Sadly, our group never had a dedicated translator.

Capper
We are doing/might be doing projects and there aren't much raws available for the certain series. Either it's not being capper or no raw could be found at all including Share and Perfect Dark. Someone who is currently residing in Japan and be able to record the show.

Timer:
We need some dedicated timer, looking for someone who is somewhat experienced with rough, fine, and scene timing.

Karaoke:
We're in search of karaoke effect makes using Aegisub or Adobe After Effects. We might need some karaoke timers too.

Typsetter:
Might need some help

We're open to suggestions and feel free to contact us.

Others:
Maybe some help on the distro department.

Contact

Email: rocketgangsubs@gmail.com

IRC: #RocketGang@irc.raitian.info (Look for Mitch)

Windows Live: you may also contact Mitch there at akatsuki.sanx@yahoo.com

Thank You
Old 2009-12-29, 18:18   Link #2742
Excale

ExSSubs

ExSSubs

We are a new fansub group that we are hoping to get up and running for the Winter Anime Season of 2009-2010. Most of the people we got fill all of the bottom but we need all the manpower we can get, and all of them have good experience. But don't be hesitant to join, we will gladly welcome you.

You can contact us several ways:
1. IRC at irc.tennoko.org:6667 at #ExSSubs (we are moving irc soon so either hop on asap or contact me via the below, we will be changing to irc.raitian.info:6667 at #exssubs)
2. Me at buddybudddude@hotmail.com (MSN and email)
3. Me also at buddybudddude@aim.com (AIM only)
4. http://www.exssubs.wordpress.com/

Translator: Japanese->English only please, sorry

Translation Checker: Must be Japanese->English but must have good English skills (similar to Proofer skills) as in HS English skills at minimum.

Encoder: You must have a fairly powerful computer (Dual/tri/quad core)- you must have a decent internet connection (uploading your encode of course, decent as in uploading an entire episode in one nights time), as you'll be uploading raws and final encodes, which will take a large amount of bandwidth. If you're not familiar with encoding, but have the ability to, then you can just ask us if you apply.

Typesetter: Must know how to typeset the written things that may show on screen. Must have good tastes so it blends in with the scene.

Timer: Some experience with Aegisub is required, but if you are willing to learn, you will do fine. With timing, great patience is a must.

Quality Control: Only two criteria are really necessary for this position, decent knowledge of English (HS level) English, and the ability to be on frequently and available. You'll be watching (and re-watching guaranteed 100%) our RCs (release candidates) for everything, errors with translation, timing, or encoding immediately prior to the release to the world.

Proofer (aka proofreader): Basically must be a good editor in writing as you will be editing the script for grammar, does it flow when you speak it, etc.

Karaoke Typesetter: Must know how to typeset subtitles with basic effects as minimum.(at least show the syllables)

Karaoke Timer: Basically a timer but must time the syllables; a bit more patience is required but it works.

Last edited by Excale; 2009-12-29 at 22:31.
Old 2009-12-30, 08:09   Link #2743
sangofe

edit: found myself a group.
Re-edit: that group picked up the project without even looking into what it is >_> So I'm free again.

Reminder:
Project : Captain Tsubasa road to 2002 where infusion left off
Who am I? A french-english translator that also has French DVDs of the series. Am also a retired timer, but I doubt I'll ever want to learn aegisub.
What's needed to make the sub? Every position, basicly. If you're a fansubber, you should know what those are.
Please leave me pm's here.

Last edited by sangofe; 2010-01-03 at 16:33.
Old 2010-01-02, 00:18   Link #2744
Sevodax
VNTranslation Team

Send a message via MSN to Sevodax
Exclamation Princess Lover Game Translation [NOW RECRUITING!]

Broken Chains Translations is currently getting ready to translate the Princess Lover! visual novel. We have staff for every position except the most important one...the translator!

If you can translate from Japanese to English and are willing to help out with this project, please email Sevodax at sevodax@broken-chains.co.cc or post on the Recruitment section of the BCT forum. Our IRC channel is always open on irc.rizon.net at #BCT if you'd prefer to get a more personal introduction to the rest of the staff. If you can't translate, but want to help with the Princess Lover project in another way, please go ahead and contact us anyways--the more help the better!

**Please note that Princess Lover is an adult video game and does contain hentai scenes. If you are uncomfortable with this kind of subject, or are under the age of majority in your country, then we recommend you watch the anime or read the manga instead, as those are both hentai-free! However, just because Princess Lover has ecchi content doesn't mean it's not full of interesting characters and plots!

Thanks for reading, and we can't wait to hear from you!

--Sevodax and the Broken Chains Translation team

Website/Forum: http://broken-chains.co.cc/
Blog: http://bctg.blogspot.com/
IRC: irc://irc.rizon.net/BCT/

Last edited by Sevodax; 2010-01-02 at 07:17.
Old 2010-01-03, 04:44   Link #2745
AnjinForever

Newb Translator Needs Group!

Hey guys. I'm working on my Japanese Major having studied for 3 years so far. This year I'll be flying to Kyoto and studying there for a year to finish out the Major. I've been puttering around translating stuff for my own enjoyment but it just doesn't give me the drive I need. I need a group project to keep me focused.

My interest in projects goes in the following order: Visual Novels>Light Novels>Manga>Anime. I'm not confident in my hearing capabilities yet so I'd rather do text-to-text translations instead, though I -will- join a fansubbing group if you're willing to work with my green-ness. I've got some samples of my translation work sitting around; some pages of the first Higurashi DS game and the first Memories Off game that I did by myself, so just PM me if you're interested in seeing those. Otherwise I'm online quite often, so it should be easy to get ahold of my through PM if you're interested. I don't do much besides watch anime and study anyway so I should have plenty of time to dedicate to a group translation project. Let me know!
Old 2010-01-04, 07:41   Link #2746
palmje
*Fansubber

Group: Taka Fansubs
Web: http://takafansubs.com
IRC: #taka@irc.rizon.net
Contact: palmje, ImperialXT, Secludedly (or you can just pm me here)

Positions:

Translation Checker (J->E) *Urgent*
Need to be fluent in both languages. Your job is to check that the translated and edited script is still accurate.

Translator (J->E)
Need to be fluent in both languages. Your job is to do the original translation into English (generally from closed captions).

Distro *Urgent*
We are after someone who has a server and is willing to help us out with our distro. PM myself (irc, or here) or ImperialXT (irc) to discuss the details.
Old 2010-01-04, 12:21   Link #2747
Tragic
Stuck in Shitstorm
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Tragic
Group: AnCo^2
Site: http://www.animecouncil.net
IRC: #anco@irc.rizon.net
Looking for: AFX (Logos, signs, etc...), TLC
Projects: Current - Kiddy Girl-and, GL Movie 2 (soon)

Our current AFXer dropped out on us and there was some trouble with our old TLC. We're currently in the middle of Kiddy Girl-and (and desperately need an AFXer to continue at the moment) and we're looking to sub the 2nd Gurren Lagann movie. Please contact us if you are able to help out!
Old 2010-01-04, 16:51   Link #2748
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Group: Animearth Fansubs (the release will be in ENGLISH, don't worry)
http://www.animearth.com/
protect is ← DASH KAPPEI
so now right we do have a translator so it is moving and we're planning to do 31+ and re-do the 1-30 that were relased by midori which have shitty translations. 31+ is HIGHer priority though.

looking for: TIMERS - straightforward
more translators to help us along. We also have a translator checker too so if you can translate but you can't get everything then it's still all good.
Old 2010-01-06, 07:29   Link #2749
Kamikazenor

Group : Phantom-subs
Site : www.phantom-subs.net
IRC : Clicky
E-mail : phantomsubs@hotmail.com

Positions

We're currently recruiting translators and translation checkers, especially jap>eng are needed, for our current and future projects.
Old 2010-01-06, 16:36   Link #2750
LobsterHime

Group: Freelance (technically joint with TV-Nihon)
Project: Yes! Precure 5
Position: J->E Translator
IRC: #tw-rev@irc.rizon.net, i guess. or pm LobsterHime on rizon or synirc.

We started this project as freelancers. The previous translator created Twilight Revelations shortly afterward. Last week he decided to quit and tw-rev will disband soon. We have been using TV-Nihon's QC team (and one editor), but otherwise they have no involvement in the project.
Old 2010-01-08, 13:12   Link #2751
uchijalcam

Looking for Translators

Position(s): Translator (J>E)
Group: AnimeYoshi
IRC Channel: #animeyoshi@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: spinal
Old 2010-01-08, 18:27   Link #2752
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Position needed: torrent seeders, XDCC bots, quality checker
Project: Ookamikakushi, etc.
Group: Formula Sub

Bots need not be Formula-only -- so long as it hosts Formula stuff and idles in our channel. If applying for QC, we ask that you're a native English speaker, preferably someone who has taken some college-level English. This position does not equate to being a professional fansub watcher.

Last edited by the.Merines; 2010-01-27 at 18:24.
Old 2010-01-09, 00:14   Link #2753
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Looking for a Kenshin to my Kaoru
A Ranma to my Akane
A Sousuke to my Chidori
A Renton to my Eureka
(Yes, you get the idea and no, the TCer post doesn't exclude females, lol)

Like everyone else, we’re needing some help to keep things going and complete projects faster.
Details are as follows:

Group: SD Project
Positions Needed: Translation Checker, Typesetter
Projects: (Spring 2010 onwards) Eden of the East Movies, Mama is a 4th Grader and other current projects.
IRC Channel: #SD_Recruit@irc.rizon.net
E-Mail: mystique@downloadanime.org
(My inbox here is full, so email or IRC is the way to go, I'm afraid)

Translation Checker:
Level: Upper intermediate-Native (JLPT level 2 or above)
Must posses a very strong command of interpretation skill in both languages.

I’m basically looking for someone to take this ongoing trainee under their wings by checking my translations and offering general advice and suggestions in regards to Japanese cultural references if needed.
I’ve just about gotten by with the help I’ve been given so far here and there, however it’d be nice to have a resident dedicated TCer on board to work together with just to speed up the process and keep projects completing to release at the standard that it has been set.

Typesetter
Looking for experienced Typesetters willing to lend a hand for typesetting still images only of which includes cleaning and replacing the Japanese.
Must have a good eye for colour and design and be meticulous of their work.

For further information, enquiries or questions related or otherwise, feel free to contact me or drop into the #SD_Recruit channel at anytime.
Many thanks~

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2010-01-11, 09:40   Link #2754
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Group: Kureyon Alliance
Contact: (WLM or e-mail); PM here; #kureyonalliance at Tennoko
Projects: Various, contact me for more information~
We need(priority order):
Translator(s)
Encoder
Karaoke effects
Capper(s)
RAW Providers

u - urgent need

Info:We accept other projects as long as they are comedy and/or slice-of-life, and only if you can fill a position for it.
Old 2010-01-12, 03:56   Link #2755
Mouryou

NEED JAP>ENG TL(s)

Group: Hiyono Fansubs
IRC:#hiyonolist
Either pm or msg in channel and ask for Holymay or Mouryou.
E-mail: hiyonofansubs@hotmail.com

Position: Japanese > English translators TL(s) that can roughly TL by ears or able to read Kanji/Kana would be desired if possible. No prior EXP necessary. At this point JAP>ENG TL(s) are a rare breed and we are a new group. So if you think you are decent enough or even have no prior experience or perhaps on an intermediate level in training and understand Japanese please consider contacting us.

Project(s): Currently Hiyono has released an OVA for Gintama and FMA, with the major ongoing series Fairy Tail, but due to the translator's disappearance Fairy Tail has been stalled.

Last edited by Mouryou; 2010-01-13 at 16:49.
Old 2010-01-12, 15:44   Link #2756
las7h0p3
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to las7h0p3
Hey all,

Group: HQ-team FanSubs
Positions Open: J>E translators, Capper (must be experienced and to provide the group with a hight quality raw the same day it originaly airs.)
Project: New comming animes ( comedy, action, super power and ecchi /this kind of categories )
Group informations: We are Bulgarian FanSubbers looking for a japanese translator so we can become a multi-language fansub group and if everything goes well we'll continue adding more languages.
IRC Channel: #hq-team@irc.rizon.net
Web Site: Building
E-Mail: las7h0p3@yahoo.com
Or you can contact me here with PM.

Cheers.
Old 2010-01-13, 00:28   Link #2757
Starmaker
*Fansubber

Group: Ayako Fansubs
Position: Timer

If you're interested in timing for Ayako, please PM Starmaker in #Ayako on Rizon for the timing test.
Old 2010-01-13, 16:28   Link #2758
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Group: gg
Position: Translator(s) for future shows

- IRC: #gg@irc.rizon.net - PM Freya (/q freya [message here])
- E-Mail: miasmacloud ~a~t~ gmail ~d~o~t~ com
- PM me here on Asuki

gg is also recruiting translators to do nothing but idle in our staff room.

Last edited by Schneizel; 2010-01-14 at 02:57.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:14   Link #2759
Meltingice
Klipsch

Group: Nuke Fansubs
Positions Open: Seeders
Project: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun and other projects
IRC Channel: #Nuke@irc.rizon.net and/or #Nuke-Recruit@irc.rizon.net
E-Mail: NukeFansubs@gmail.com

Contact me if interested.

Last edited by Meltingice; 2010-01-24 at 01:58.
Old 2010-01-15, 02:45   Link #2760
Grumbledook
Bald Pirate Guy
*Fansubber

Group: Aoi-Anime
Recruiting: Translator, Translation Checker
Projects: Les Miserables Shoujo Cosette, Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas, Hidamari no Ki

Hey, we at Aoi-Anime are looking for extra staff. If you think you could help us out on one of the projects,
contact Shinkun at #aoi-anime@irc.rizon.net or send an email.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator