AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 02:15   Link #221
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ironic enough, GW2 has been going on for a long time as well that GW players just forget about checking for updates or anything. So it's just a daily game takes a long time which means it will be awesome type
Old 2011-04-30, 11:41   Link #222
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

apparently bioware is waiting for blizzard to announce D3's release before they announce SWTOR release
Old 2011-04-30, 12:17   Link #223
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
apparently bioware is waiting for blizzard to announce D3's release before they announce SWTOR release
That's dumb, Diablo 3 most likely won't come until at least mid-late 2012.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 12:48   Link #224
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I sorta have to agree... That's silly since Diablo 3 has never had much announcements upon release. Maybe they knew that and just plain to launch the Old Republic in the mid-2012s?
Old 2011-04-30, 16:18   Link #225
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if it improves the game all together.. idc XD

doing a big project in minecraft SMP
Old 2011-05-01, 04:44   Link #226
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Back around the end of 2010, their target release date was spring 2011. While it has since been pushed back to 'somewhere in 2011' it does mean they're not waiting for Diablo 3.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 07:46   Link #227
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It sounds like the game is just releasing videos and templates and nothing else, so I think the game would be probably....early 2012?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 07:58   Link #228
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*shrug* Any MMO just released videos and templates before open beta, and open beta usually doesn't happen until a couple of weeks before release in AAA games.
Old 2011-05-09, 11:37   Link #229
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Blagh, late update is late. Last friday's update introduced the codex and the datacrons.

The codex is something we're already familiar with from Mass Effect, an encyclopedia of the TOR universe. Handy, since most of this information usually remains on the drawing board and never reaches the player. Some of the knowledge is harder to unlock than others, requiring you to accomplish some objective before its secrets are revealed. You also get XP for unlocking entries.

Datacrons are a reward for explorers. Items that are hidden throughout the world which, when picked up, give a one-time but permanent bonus to your stats. Granted, the locations of the datacrons will be on a wiki within the week, but screw that. I'm going to find every one of them by myself.
Old 2011-05-13, 04:20   Link #230
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well well well, look what Gamespot managed to capture early:

I guess now we know what todays update will be.
Old 2011-05-13, 05:18   Link #231
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

They really had to let her say "unlimited power" didn't they?

We also may see a fan friday come with it, but time will tell.
Old 2011-05-13, 06:21   Link #232
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A Palpatine inspired class without that quote would have been heresy.
Old 2011-05-13, 07:10   Link #233
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow that was a crap trailer =\

also way to make jedi's STILL look OP =\
Old 2011-05-13, 11:59   Link #234
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I would never play a Dark Side character for any reason, yet that trailer was still pretty bad-ass.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 12:06   Link #235
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

eh.. this makes me wonna play a sith Inqiz that that video with the chick that gave little to no emotion(Evilness) in her VAing..

the other female trailers were pretty awesome, they did major lackstor on this one
Old 2011-05-17, 03:59   Link #236
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
eh.. this makes me wonna play a sith Inqiz that that video with the chick that gave little to no emotion(Evilness) in her VAing..
Having watched some of the... more unconventional footage, I can safely say that there is more evil VO for the Inquisitor in the game. Providing you pick the right responses.
Old 2011-05-21, 04:54   Link #237
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

This weeks update's are a summary of the fansite summit, a special meeting for the less-than-official press. A nice move to show that Bioware knows and cares about its community.

We also have a fan friday. As usual, the fan friday's are not really any content busters.

Most interesting this week was a behind the scenes look at audio in The Old Republic. Maybe it's just my geekiness, but I always enjoy sneaking a peek at what studios do to make the games tick.
Old 2011-05-23, 12:10   Link #238
neshru

So, I keep hearing this will be the next big thing in the MMO genre, but I can't pinpoint exactly why. While other upcoming MMOs like GW2 seem to actually have something going for them, all I hear about about SWTOR is that it will great because it's Star Wars and because it's Bioware.
Can someone that is actively following this game tell me what exactly makes this game something to look forward to?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 13:42   Link #239
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Immersive questing. You know how you play single player RPG's for the story, actively paying attention and just enjoying getting to know more about the plot, characters and the world? That's a feeling that's been missing from... pretty much every MMO, who all give you text boxes that all but the most hardened player just ends up skipping eventually. Accept -> kill -> hand in -> repeat. TOR has that feeling. With all the NPC's being voiced and your character actually voicing him or herself as well, the enjoyment factor of simply questing increases dramatically.

Every MMO says "the game begins at level cap." TOR says "the game begins now."
Old 2011-05-23, 14:10   Link #240
neshru

Anything else? That sounds like it would make a great single player game, but it's not really something I would pay a monthly fee for.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows