AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 00:12   Link #2181
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
8 hours a day?

That's some hellish grinding they're doing o_o

Remember, some burst linkers has started to discard RL for AW because of the time they spent. To them, AW is their reality. Essentially, it is reversed situation of SAO. Instead of escaping VR and go back to reality, they want stay in AW instead of reality. In essence, the goal of KYH may be justified. As time pass, more and more people will be will be staying in VR to the point we might have a situation similar to the Matrix.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:27   Link #2182
Krono

Quote:
8 hours a day?

That's some hellish grinding they're doing o_o
Not really. Remember, for the Unlimited Neutral Field, it's been 8000 years since it was created. It's very easy for someone to spend an amount of time during the day that's normal for entertainment, in the UF and spend huge chunks of time inside it that are still just a fraction of the time that's passed for it. Even if she spent just 4 hours a day in the unlimited field, after 4 years, she'd be over a century old. And the unlimited field is where lots of the action is. Enemies to hunt, burst linkers to hunt, better equipment to be found or bought. Lots of reasons to spend quite a bit of time there.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 03:47   Link #2183
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Even so, I still feel there's something wrong with wholly abandonment of the physical world. Short of having full-blown Fulldive addiction as the "experts" would say, moving house to AW is only a means of borrowing time. One way or another, you'd be woken up, and because of the extreme time difference, you'd be so lost and out of touch with the real world, you might very well just have screwed your future. That's not so good for a young teenager.

On other news, I came across a thread started by the Chinese translator reekilynn, the translator for most (if not all) of the AW novels and WEB Alicization. The thread isn't very long, but the headline An alternative perspective of the ARS. is the one that earned my attention.

I'll translate the full post later, but this sentence is the crux of the discussion, and I quote reekilynn:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reekilynn
The ARS members are the Game Masters of Accelerated World, working by interfering with the organisations within AW.
Another snippet is essentially saying that AW as a PvP opposed to PvE gameplay in SAO means that "Eternal peace" is impossible to attain.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 04:25   Link #2184
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Even so, I still feel there's something wrong with wholly abandonment of the physical world. Short of having full-blown Fulldive addiction as the "experts" would say, moving house to AW is only a means of borrowing time. One way or another, you'd be woken up, and because of the extreme time difference, you'd be so lost and out of touch with the real world, you might very well just have screwed your future. That's not so good for a young teenager.

On other news, I came across a thread started by the Chinese translator reekilynn, the translator for most (if not all) of the AW novels and WEB Alicization. The thread isn't very long, but the headline An alternative perspective of the ARS. is the one that earned my attention.

I'll translate the full post later, but this sentence is the crux of the discussion, and I quote reekilynn:

Another snippet is essentially saying that AW as a PvP opposed to PvE gameplay in SAO means that "Eternal peace" is impossible to attain.
Unfortunately, the damage has begun. The example in particular would be KYH. In the near future, we are going have reality detached people who are more willing to escape and stay in VR than face reality. We have two options:

1) Complete BB by reaching Level 10 and kill the thousands of personalities of the BB players without knowing how much of an impact will it do in their RL.

2) Don't complete BB and more and more people will be willing to stay in BB forever via brain uploading to the point that the future generation would only exist in VR or rather a dystopian future similar to 4D beings of SO3:TtEoT.

If ARS are game masters, how do you explain Black Vise losing to Haru and KYH?

Essentially, AW would a Take That! to Kayaba's philosophy and by extension, Kirito's. It could be possible that BB was created with this in mind.
Old 2013-04-02, 04:56   Link #2185
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Unfortunately, the damage has begun. The example in particular would be KYH. In the near future, we are going have reality detached people who are more willing to escape and stay in VR than face reality. We have two options:

1) Complete BB by reaching Level 10 and kill the thousands of personalities of the BB players without knowing how much of an impact will it do in their RL.

2) Don't complete BB and more and more people will be willing to stay in BB forever via brain uploading to the point that the future generation would only exist in VR or rather a dystopian future similar to 4D beings of SO3:TtEoT.
I wouldn't use KYH as the most appropriate example, because the slice-of-life moments do show she still has Student Council work and responsibilities, and with that she is afforded certain powers. She has some tangible things to lose if she decides to abandon RL for VR...not that it would have mattered to her if she did so.

And what is that 4D reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
If ARS are game masters, how do you explain Black Vise losing to Haru and KYH?
Reekilynn doesn't mean GMs in the sense of the Super Accounts in Alicization. If I understood the post right, then he means that the ARS is there to stir things up if it gets too quiet, because in a PvP game duels are the life and soul of the system.

If you want GMs to win against Kings, then look no further than Diamond Angel/Neon Arsenal/Shadow Tesla. I hope I don't have to expand on that line.
Old 2013-04-02, 05:09   Link #2186
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
I wouldn't use KYH as the most appropriate example, because the slice-of-life moments do show she still has Student Council work and responsibilities, and with that she is afforded certain powers. She has some tangible things to lose if she decides to abandon RL for VR...not that it would have mattered to her if she did so.

And what is that 4D reference?
That's what I meant. The possibility is still there that she might abandon reality for VR. Which may be the spark that forces Haru to fight KYH. With Haru embracing reality at the end of his charcter development and KYH possibly rejecting it.

I am referring to the plot spoiler regarding Star Ocean 3.
Quote:
Reekilynn doesn't mean GMs in the sense of the Super Accounts in Alicization. If I understood the post right, then he means that the ARS is there to stir things up if it gets too quiet, because in a PvP game duels are the life and soul of the system.

If you want GMs to win against Kings, then look no further than Diamond Angel/Neon Arsenal/Shadow Tesla. I hope I don't have to expand on that line.
I see. So, they are like Green Grandee. They vision themselves as self-appointed GM's.
Old 2013-04-02, 05:11   Link #2187
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Or, GMs playing using normal accounts. That was the suggestion.

Hang on for the translation, I just got back from the shower.

Edit: Grandee didn't say he was a GM either. but that's a minor nitpick.
Old 2013-04-02, 05:15   Link #2188
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Or, GMs playing using normal accounts. That was the suggestion.

Hang on for the translation, I just got back from the shower.

Edit: Grandee didn't say he was a GM either. but that's a minor nitpick.
Green Grandee did say he is supporting the AW like Yggdrasil in Norse Mythology. Isn't that the purpose of a GM? In that way, ARS is doing the same but in a different approach. One that is Darwinism in nature.
Old 2013-04-02, 07:44   Link #2189
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Chinese Forum Translation: Part 1

{Curly Brackets} are words or notes I added for flow. Prepare yourself because this post may rile some of those who believe the ARS is the NTR society - in short, they're not, or don't appear to be.
Spoiler for Forum post by reekilynn:
I'm a terrible translator for being so slow. I went to eat dinner in the middle of this and now I have to prepare for work tomorrow. ): That's why V11 is coming along slowly as well >< the next part is talking about the ISS kit in more detail.
Old 2013-04-02, 16:02   Link #2190
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
{Curly Brackets} are words or notes I added for flow. Prepare yourself because this post may rile some of those who believe the ARS is the NTR society - in short, they're not, or don't appear to be.
Spoiler for Forum post by reekilynn:
I'm a terrible translator for being so slow. I went to eat dinner in the middle of this and now I have to prepare for work tomorrow. ): That's why V11 is coming along slowly as well >< the next part is talking about the ISS kit in more detail.
Can you pass me a link to that post? I'd like to read it for myself.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 16:07   Link #2191
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Here. If along the way you spot mistranslations, I'd appreciate it too (:

Edit: ...ignore why I was able to copy paste that.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-04-02 at 16:32.
Old 2013-04-02, 16:18   Link #2192
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
If along the way you spot mistranslations, I'd appreciate it too (:
... is this a joke? The link leads to a NSFW site about a NSFW doujin >.>
Old 2013-04-02, 16:31   Link #2193
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

O_o"

edited.
Old 2013-04-02, 18:03   Link #2194
Flere821
Lurker

Reading the original post, I'd like to make some corrections:
Spoiler for Size:

The next point talks about ISS kits. Long story short, BB is a game built upon PVP, and what the 6 main Legions have right now is a false, enforced peace. Like KYH, ARS plans to break this peace, though they have more intrusive and underhanded methods. Reekilynn (henceforth RKL) also suggested KYH's exile from her home family was a plot by her parents who're acquainted with the Internal side, and sent her away to not be eliminated.

RKL's opinion is there's 3 ways to reach the Internal side from External: Reach Lvl10, Obtain 'The Fluctuating Light', or defeat ARS entirely. He also have a disclaimer all these above points are arguable.
Spoiler for SAO Alicization spoilers incl content:
Old 2013-04-02, 18:13   Link #2195
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Ah I see. Having neither read nor watched Index, I see why i missed the reference.
Old 2013-04-03, 01:38   Link #2196
Tri-ring

Don't know how far the translation had gone or which volume it was included but,,

Spoiler for Why KYH was removed from her home:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 01:47   Link #2197
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I hope I'm justified by using "we", in the sense that we do know this, these were spoilers from V12, and they're archived on garf02's pastebin. RKL's posts are his theory on an alternative suggestion.

...which I will not discount entirely, because the V12 spoilers come in the context of KYH's version of events, but that's not how it may have actually been. Bear in mind that RKL has translated all volumes save for 13 (unless he decides to pick that up after finishing WEB Alicization).
Old 2013-04-03, 03:13   Link #2198
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
I hope I'm justified by using "we", in the sense that we do know this, these were spoilers from V12, and they're archived on garf02's pastebin. RKL's posts are his theory on an alternative suggestion.

...which I will not discount entirely, because the V12 spoilers come in the context of KYH's version of events, but that's not how it may have actually been. Bear in mind that RKL has translated all volumes save for 13 (unless he decides to pick that up after finishing WEB Alicization).
No, RKL won't be doing Vol13 in Chinese. A translation group have already finished the Chinese version of this. Credits below: (page number - translator name)
Quote:
11~42 zcistc123
43~49 乙烯
50~91 LNL220
92~115 楼长
116~160 chenyongsquall
161~203 啤貓
204~252 leous9895
253~286 Silver·Crow
287~312 3-threerabbit
Old 2013-04-03, 03:27   Link #2199
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Divide and conquer, niiice.

Heading over to the usual spot to read.
Old 2013-04-03, 17:11   Link #2200
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Gold, this concerns White Cosmos, but do not open; it's a bad spoiler.
Spoiler for Cosmos cosmos cosmos:

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality