AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-08-26, 23:40   Link #1
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Computer randomly stops showing japanese?

so lately my computer has stopped "showing" Japanese characters, well most of them, as in, it goes back to showing squares or ? in file names in place of the Japanese character. This became apparent when I had trouble downloading some torrents with Japanese file names, and also most songs with Japanese texts on my winamp now just have question marks. I have no clue what could of done this, as East Asian Languages box is still checked in my regional and language options. Any idea what could of done this? The weirdest part is that it's only most Japanese, a decent chunk still shows up correctly.
Old 2009-08-27, 11:08   Link #2
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Hmm... can you specify more about what happened before your computer stopped displaying Japanese character? My first guess is because the font that you've used in you theme and/or application did not support unicode character...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 20:09   Link #3
ITGuy

I just have to ask. We are talking about Windows XP, right? It is unusual for the characters to be inconsistent. Is this a wide-spread system problem - all file names are now showing garbage rather than UTF-8 decoded formats (characters)? As Furuno-san mentioned, it could be that a particular program is not unicode compliant. However, I know that Winamp, in particular, is.
ITGuy is offline   Reply With Quote