Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-27, 20:08   Link #1
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Very specific Requests..

I'm back again, and Being in College Sucks.

Anyway I've been exasperated from studying and classes, so I would like some new Anime[s] to watch. With certain categories of course . I've tried sifting through various sites, but only romance as a tag is difficult to find.

Well, You've ventured into a very Picky person's requests. If you can do anything about them I'd be grateful.

Has it All
The Main character has everything, Popularity, money, and attention from the opposite sex. One thing seems to be missing however...
Already Married
Couple has been together for awhile, new obstacles face their relationship/ newly wed
Fated Romance
Two people are fated to get together in the future
Ex. Romeo X Juliet [sort of]
Reincarnated Lovers/Enemies
Struggle to find each other, Fight each other
Ex. Ayashi No Ceres.
Historical Europe
Something that takes place in Historical Europe (has to have Romance of course )
Preferably during a time of turmoil. Doesn't have to be though.
EX. Emma/ Rose of Versailles.
Arranged Marriages
Either neither of the two parties are inclined to marry, and they eventually fall in love, or the Heroine gets engaged to a jerk and falls in love with a different person and the story of them running away. Preferably is the focal point or a major point of the series.
Long distance relationships
The Hardships of being apart, seeing other people then your lover, possibly finding someone new, but trying hard to be faithful.
Based on a play/opera/musical
Ex. Romeo X Juliet.

Random, but

Girls/Guys with Guns

Working for an organization etc. assassinations etc..
Love through Sports
Joins the sports team out of their own interests. That's what I'm very explicit on. Finds a great person After.
I am mostly looking for Historical Europe.

Preferably Heroines/Shoujo. But in no way does it have to be. I like to stay away from Fanservice but as long as it isn't in the way or somehow tastefully done [] It's OK. My List of Animes seen is on my Profile. Setting doesn't matter unless I've specified it. Serious > Comedy

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-10-08 at 19:40.
Old 2009-09-27, 20:28   Link #2
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Cross Game

That's the best anime romance I think for your tastes. It doesn't fully fit into any of the specific situations you described, but it certainly has that type of flavor.

You might also like Maison Ikkoku which has a lot more comedy, but also has the flavor of romance it seems you like.

Ranma 1/2 and Ai Yori Aoshi both fit into the arranged marriage category, but I'm not sure if the flavor of either of those is actually to your taste.

Inuyasha would fit under the reincarnated lovers issue- although I think the Romance is the B-plot.

You might also try Ah My Goddess, which might fall under the "fated" type.
Old 2009-09-29, 04:15   Link #3
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I'd recommend Ah! My Goddess!, the first OVA and the movie. Then, if you like the concept, you may start watching the newer TV series (2 seasons of the TV plus the 20th Anniversary TV Special).

Hataraki Man
is sort of a Long Distance relationship as the main character and her boyfriend have very little time to be together because of their jobs.
Old 2009-10-02, 20:53   Link #4
velvet nightmare

Has it all: itazura na kiss

Fated/arranged: ai yori aoshi

Sports: -the closest is suzuka, but he joins because he likes the girl
Old 2009-10-03, 00:19   Link #5
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Spice and Wolf season I and II fits perfectly to the "Historical Europe" description you give . And it is a great heart-warming romance. It feels like holding a cup of hot chocolate in your favorite sofa during a cold winter day.
Old 2009-10-03, 10:13   Link #6
Qwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
Has it all: itazura na kiss

Fated/arranged: ai yori aoshi

Sports: -the closest is suzuka, but he joins because he likes the girl
With Suzuka, if you enjoy the anime, when it ends pick up the manga. IMO it gets like 10x better after that point (i believe it starts at chapter 73 but you'd need to confirm it).

In Marmalade Boy, there is a decent chunk of the series with a long distance relationship (he's in America, she's still in Japan).
Old 2009-10-08, 18:10   Link #7
FadedSunrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Spice and Wolf season I and II fits perfectly to the "Historical Europe" description you give . And it is a great heart-warming romance. It feels like holding a cup of hot chocolate in your favorite sofa during a cold winter day.
I second Spice and Wolf. Its definitely historical Europe, and in a way, its "Has it All", depends on how you see it. If you take Horo to be the main character, that is.
Old 2009-10-08, 18:21   Link #8
Godly_senselessness

Valkyria Chronicles for historical europe,you will enjoy this.It has a likable main character and heroine as well.
Old 2009-10-10, 02:26   Link #9
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly_senselessness View Post
Valkyria Chronicles for historical europe,you will enjoy this.It has a likable main character and heroine as well.
....It's better to watch Valkyria when you haven't played the game OR planning to play the game...

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
Old 2009-10-10, 02:54   Link #10
AnimeFangirl

Has it All: Nodame Cantabile

Already Married: Futari Ecchi. But it's very, very ecchi.

Based on a play/opera/musical: Gankutsuou is great! It's based on the Count of Monte Cristo.
Old 2009-10-10, 06:54   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

For the reincarnation theme I'd suggest Kurozuka.

In the "has it all" category, I'll second Nodame Cantabile and suggest Genji Monogatari Sennenki as well.

All of these are unlicensed.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:56   Link #12
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Already Married
Couple has been together for awhile, new obstacles face their relationship/ newly wed
Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo - married (engaged?) woman meets younger guy

Quote:
Fated Romance
Two people are fated to get together in the future
Ex. Romeo X Juliet [sort of]
Perhaps Tsukihime Shingetsutan and Kurozuka

Quote:
Reincarnated Lovers/Enemies
Struggle to find each other, Fight each other
Ex. Ayashi No Ceres.
Definitely Kurozuka
Closed Thread