AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 11:31   Link #28321
suiton629
Master Grade Master

What series do you think that I would enjoy buying the MG's from given that Age and 00 are my top favorites (00 being my #1...)?
Old 2012-12-11, 13:23   Link #28322
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
What series do you think that I would enjoy buying the MG's from given that Age and 00 are my top favorites (00 being my #1...)?
Hard to say given UC designs are so different from 00/AGE

In terms of model building though I highly recommend the 2.0s, they're quite a treat to build
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 13:30   Link #28323
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Hard to say given UC designs are so different from 00/AGE

In terms of model building though I highly recommend the 2.0s, they're quite a treat to build
The thing is I tend to get everything in a series so like if I get 2.0's for kits that don't have an updated release along the same series, then I feel it's a waste... Weird. But that's just how I do things. =P
Old 2012-12-11, 15:50   Link #28324
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Best thing to do is go look at the MG section of any place you order from and find something that takes your fancy, no point us listing anything if you won't go look yourself.
Then come back to us with a list of stuff that has taken your fancy and ask for a 2nd opinion.

I just saw the Heavy Support Unit from Kotobukiya, looks pretty mean!
Think I'll have to get it for my HG Seven Sword
Old 2012-12-11, 15:57   Link #28325
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I was going to get UC master grades but I'm leaning towards not going that way and instead getting the MG kits from the Gundam Wing line. I was thinking about the EW ones but with Wing EW and Wing Zero EW being an older 2001 frame where as the others have the newer frames makes me not want to get them all.

Do you suppose we'll see an updated release later? I remember Bandai promoting the Endless Waltz thing recently but people told me that was for a MG WING line of the new manga and not for a remastered release.
Old 2012-12-11, 17:20   Link #28326
FalsePrime

Ugh, for god sake man at least get your years right.

Wing Gundam Ver Ka came out in 2004 and Wing Zero EW later that year, much newer then 2001.

The rest has been covered by us several times. 2.0/Remasters are Rare, get it out of your mind as it's a logn way off. Everything else has been covered.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 17:29   Link #28327
suiton629
Master Grade Master

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Grade

So then how is the MG Aile Strike getting a "remaster" when it originally came out in 2003? That isn't that big of a difference.
Old 2012-12-11, 18:18   Link #28328
FalsePrime

Aile Strike was much worse off.

That and Aile Strike is in a much different position. It's the first suit of Kira Yamato and of SEED. This is second only UC and it's popularity, no other series be it Wing/OO/G or any other AU comes close and trying to gauge other AU and what they might or might not get is foolish.

It's possible that one day Wing could get a remaster, but pointing and saying it's happening with SEED/Kira ignores the huge differences between them. Just ask yourself if Wing is getting a full HD Remaster with new scenes and Gundam's added. When you do so you will get your reason as to why Aile Strike is getting that.
Old 2012-12-11, 18:26   Link #28329
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Aile Strike was much worse off.

That and Aile Strike is in a much different position. It's the first suit of Kira Yamato and of SEED. This is second only UC and it's popularity, no other series be it Wing/OO/G or any other AU comes close and trying to gauge other AU and what they might or might not get is foolish.

It's possible that one day Wing could get a remaster, but pointing and saying it's happening with SEED/Kira ignores the huge differences between them. Just ask yourself if Wing is getting a full HD Remaster with new scenes and Gundam's added. When you do so you will get your reason as to why Aile Strike is getting that.
So you're saying that Wing isn't popular in Japan? Really?

Also, what about:

http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2012/...-glory-of.html

Glory of the Defeated.. I think this might be a reason for them to remaster Wing EW and Wing Zero EW.
Old 2012-12-11, 18:33   Link #28330
FalsePrime

Please Suiton, for the love of god be reasonable, or at least don't stick your head so far in the sand.

Wing is popular, OO is popular, G is popular. NONE of these are on Universal Century (0079, Zeta, CCA, and Unicorn's) level. SEED is, none of the other AU's are even close to SEED's level.

Even if Wing somehow was as popular as SEED there is the issue that Wing EW just shipped with Shenlong last year and was not saved to create a new one with the XXX G frame like they did with Aile/Launcher/Sword Strike.
Old 2012-12-11, 19:10   Link #28331
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
While the new Nu Ver.Ka does look amazing I kind of don't like that it seems to have clear psychoframe pieces throughout it's body...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I mean look at it! The armor pieces even pop aside to reveal them! What is this? Nu Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode? >__>
It kind of makes the Unicorn itself less unique in my opinion. The whole point of the Unicorn was to have a Gundam that has a complete psycho frame and now the Nu, which is much older than the Unicorn, does the exact same thing.
I know it's just a non-canonical redesign but in my opinion this kind of makes it look like they are trying to milk Unicorn even harder than they already are^^
That said, it does give fans of the Unicorn a sense of familiarity and as superficial as that sounds, the design has me sold. Forgive my imprudence, but has it been released yet, and how much does it cost? I'm looking to get it in the near future...

I've had my eye on the Nu Gundam for a while now simply because of its asymmetrical design and diverse weapons loadout, but the green psycho-frame, if it is indeed clear, the Gundam just became that much more appealing in terms of appearance.
Old 2012-12-11, 19:11   Link #28332
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
That said, it does give fans of the Unicorn a sense of familiarity and as superficial as that sounds, the design has me sold. Forgive my imprudence, but has it been released yet, and how much does it cost? I'm looking to get it in the near future...
From what I heard, the Nu Gundam was the predecessor the the Unicorn Gundam. So it would make sense that Nu Gundam has some sort of psycho-frame technology.
Old 2012-12-11, 19:31   Link #28333
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's always had the psycoframe technology.

The issue that people have with this model is that the Nu Gundam canonically only has psycoframe built around the cockpit and nowhere else--the Unicorn had the full body psycoframe, not the Nu.
Old 2012-12-11, 19:32   Link #28334
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's always had the psycoframe technology.

The issue that people have with this model is that the Nu Gundam canonically only has psycoframe built around the cockpit and nowhere else--the Unicorn had the full body psycoframe, not the Nu.
I think they were just trying to go for the effect of psycho frame particles being emitted. If you saw pictures from various reviewers who posted parts tree and whatnot, you will see that there are small clear green pieces on the frame; not the entire frame like Unicorn.
Old 2012-12-11, 22:07   Link #28335
maknaedik

Quote:
I think they were just trying to go for the effect of psycho frame particles being emitted. If you saw pictures from various reviewers who posted parts tree and whatnot, you will see that there are small clear green pieces on the frame; not the entire frame like Unicorn.
Well, Nu never emitted any psycho frame particles not until it overloaded and the particles was so similar to 00's trans-am burst. Also, I believe that 00's Trans-am burst was heavily inspired by that.

So in conclusion, I think it's just nothing more but a gimmick. That same gimmick made Unicorn sell like pancakes. And for me, even though it's just a gimmick, I appreciate it and you can always hide those if you don't want to.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 01:11   Link #28336
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The thing is I tend to get everything in a series so like if I get 2.0's for kits that don't have an updated release along the same series, then I feel it's a waste... Weird. But that's just how I do things. =P
Quote:
I was thinking about the EW ones but with Wing EW and Wing Zero EW being an older 2001 frame where as the others have the newer frames makes me not want to get them all.
Sucks to be you isn’t it? You have to get the whole series/category while many of us have no problem getting only the ones we truly like regardless of series or universe.

For example, I'll be happily getting MG AGE-1 Spallow while not caring about Normal or Titus, I'll gladly buy MG AGE-3 Normal without paying any attention to Orbital or Fortress, I'll cheerfully pick MG AGE-2 Dark Hound and just left other AGE-2 versions in the cold store shelves, etc
Old 2012-12-12, 02:34   Link #28337
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post

I've had my eye on the Nu Gundam for a while now simply because of its asymmetrical design and diverse weapons loadout, but the green psycho-frame, if it is indeed clear, the Gundam just became that much more appealing in terms of appearance.
I normally hate NU gundam, i hate funnels, i hate the pilot, I hate the movie, I don't even like Unicorn gundam but i love the way this MG NU looks with the small psycho parts. So i will be buying the gundam i probably hate the most...because this version looks very good....(this is definately a case for a good shrink)

That said i finished construction and pannelining of the MG Hi-NU gundam yesterday, now only decals to apply and he's off
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 02:41   Link #28338
Skye629

Quote:
So you're saying that Wing isn't popular in Japan? Really?

Also, what about:

http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2012/...-glory-of.html

Glory of the Defeated.. I think this might be a reason for them to remaster Wing EW and Wing Zero EW.
Wings popular, but not SEED or UC popular in Japan, if you asked that question in NA however........
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 10:57   Link #28339
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Wings popular, but not SEED or UC popular in Japan, if you asked that question in NA however........
Yea. I figured that much with Seed HD Remaster and now Seed Destiny HD Remaster.

But that whole Glory of the Defeated campaign that was mentioned gets me hopeful ya know? Like what if they were to do a Gundam Wing HD Remaster and Gundam Wing Endless Waltz (Movie) HD Remaster on TV?

Imagine that. And a perfect way to complement that would be with a new release of MG Wing Gundam EW and MG Wing Gundam Zero EW... Sort of like Gundam Seed HD airing on TV and how we're getting a "Remaster" (aka 2.0) of the MG Aile Strike Gundam.

I guess this will have to go into my wish list next to my MG wishlist..

Now if Bandai could finally learn not to overprice their manga and BluRay releases. Then I think more people would be more inclined to purchase them and Bandai won't have to complain about pirates and low sales.
Old 2012-12-12, 21:32   Link #28340
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Gundam Artworks by Masarebelth: GXX X-78 Veronica Gundam & Others

Yes I can see that they have a somewhat Bayformers look to them but I don't see it as a bad thing.
Infact gives them that little more realistic look to them.
But either way I really like the look of them, think they are great.

Now if only...

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy