AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-08-22, 08:44   Link #13121
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It's out when it's out. Don't complain or beg for it here.
Old 2014-08-22, 08:46   Link #13122
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
As of now, I see no Chapter 397. Is the scanlation delayed, or are we having another break?
There is a chapter this week, scanlation is just delayed, apparently by the raws being late this week as Chinese scanlations are likewise affected. Remember, the official street date is 5 days away. So snafus in obtaining the chapter to scanlate it should be expected from time to time. Given that this is their first issue after vacation, it's not all that surprising that now would be one of those times. It's also a good illustration as to why they have so much lead time for shipping out the issues. Nearly a week to work with lets them absorb delays like this fairly easily without the official street date being impacted.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 16:25   Link #13123
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itherael View Post
I think that a naive one-sided crush would be just fine, with Natsu I mean. C'mon! She is just a little girl, there is no need for a paring in her case and I really doubt the series will last to the point where she will be interested in that stuff.
about wendy pairing, mashima already confirmed 2 more spin-offs one for wendy who will be a shoujo and another for lucy & erza.

the wendy spin-off was hinted for wendy possibility to find a "love", then we have a chance to see her "fall for somoene", the question is "will be a new character or a current one?? if a current what character you bet your money? doranbolt? romeo? warren?
wendy spin-off if i'm not wrong will be release on or september or october and lucy&erza will be on november or december(don't recall right now)

fairy tail will gonna end have a total of 8 oficial canon works published (writed or supported by mashima)
main manga
long running anime adaptation
2 novels - edolas one and the new about fairy tail and others guilds
4 spin-offs.
ice trail
fairy tail 0
wendy
2 strongest womans in ft(temporary title of the erza&lucy spinoff)
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 22:02   Link #13124
Krono

The first chapter of the Wendy spin-off is out. It simply hasn't been translated.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 23:11   Link #13125
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The first chapter of the Wendy spin-off is out. It simply hasn't been translated.
wow good to know, with this we are only missing the erza & Lucy spinoff who will be released in november.

if possible asnwer pm please :X
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 20:15   Link #13126
Itherael
The Writer of Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
about wendy pairing, mashima already confirmed 2 more spin-offs one for wendy who will be a shoujo and another for lucy & erza.

the wendy spin-off was hinted for wendy possibility to find a "love", then we have a chance to see her "fall for somoene", the question is "will be a new character or a current one?? if a current what character you bet your money? doranbolt? romeo? warren?
wendy spin-off if i'm not wrong will be release on or september or october and lucy&erza will be on november or december(don't recall right now)

fairy tail will gonna end have a total of 8 oficial canon works published (writed or supported by mashima)
main manga
long running anime adaptation
2 novels - edolas one and the new about fairy tail and others guilds
4 spin-offs.
ice trail
fairy tail 0
wendy
2 strongest womans in ft(temporary title of the erza&lucy spinoff)
Well, that's certainly good to know. Thanks for the info.

If I have to bet, I think I will go for Romeo. Besides Natsu, he is probably the only character I would support to be Wendy's pairing.
Old 2014-08-25, 05:30   Link #13127
II Maestro

Oh~! It's out Chapter 397~!

Levy kissed Gajeel in order to transfer air to but forgot her magic to make air, Also like how she blush & embarrassed after realization.
Old 2014-08-25, 05:34   Link #13128
ImperialFlameGod8190

chapter is out and its another sketchy victory for FT but whatever
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 07:31   Link #13129
immblueversion

Totally worth the two-week wait.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 14:27   Link #13130
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

O-kay... so the Granny of the Magic Council was already working on Gajeel long before Makarov was brought into the picture to turn him around. Well, I guess he didn't think that he would have used her for that so that's why he didn't write it in that she just MIGHT have 'requested' that Makarov take Gajeel into Fairy Tail at her behest and not just for having a double mole for Raven Tail.

I don't mind that she did have a part to play but something like that should have been hinted at prior for maximum effect...at least for me.
And also...

Spoiler for Mindless speculation:
Old 2014-08-25, 14:39   Link #13131
ranchan13

I do love how The Steel power-up actually has some atomic basing. Made it a lil more believable at least.

Ah Levy, Admit it already. You have a thing for Gajeel
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 15:06   Link #13132
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, there's a normal victory for you guys. Despite his untimely emotional moment, Gajeel sure has a mind of reason - telling Levy to use her bloody magic right and absorbing the carbon in the water (i.e. making use of his surroundings) made him pretty good...all that's left is the question of how steel could slice someone who could have the density of diamond, but...oh well
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 15:31   Link #13133
Wandering Soul

I like how Gajeel using steeel has actual atomic basing. I probably would have appreciated Gajeel's flashback more if there were some hints to it.
Old 2014-08-25, 15:52   Link #13134
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I like how Gajeel using steeel has actual atomic basing. I probably would have appreciated Gajeel's flashback more if there were some hints to it.
Well, he DID go to Belno's house with Shadow Gear back in Chapter 363, and was marginally more upset about her death than we would've expected him to be...

Old 2014-08-25, 18:58   Link #13135
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I do love how The Steel power-up actually has some atomic basing. Made it a lil more believable at least.

Ah Levy, Admit it already. You have a thing for Gajeel
Look the only people (who matter) who dont realize levy has a thing for Gajeel are natsu (because he doesnt pay attention period) and Gajeel himself everyone else of note kinda figured that out long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, there's a normal victory for you guys. Despite his untimely emotional moment, Gajeel sure has a mind of reason - telling Levy to use her bloody magic right and absorbing the carbon in the water (i.e. making use of his surroundings) made him pretty good...all that's left is the question of how steel could slice someone who could have the density of diamond, but...oh well

You realize that by you're own explanation its not a normal victory to begin with. First off he's struggling after Levy's fresh air and he's yelling at her to use his magic on Salamander and the group (not realizing he got kissed) The whole thing about absorbing the carbon while it makes sense its kinda like... now you use this and he all of the sudden KO's his opponent which even you question.

By the way anybody else find it amusing that Gajeel's nickname is Black steel Gajeel yet this is the first time he's actually used Steel as a weapon as opposed to Iron.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 01:23   Link #13136
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Well, he DID go to Belno's house with Shadow Gear back in Chapter 363, and was marginally more upset about her death than we would've expected him to be...
It did seem a bit OOC for him at the time, but too subtle to read anything into.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 10:25   Link #13137
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

that Gajeel's flashback is totally random

and Levy's blushing is cute
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 12:26   Link #13138
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

this is a science chapter *yay*
..no.....a troll science chapter...for the win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
that Gajeel's flashback is totally random

and Levy's blushing is cute
this
Old 2014-08-26, 17:24   Link #13139
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
this is a science chapter *yay*
..no.....a troll science chapter...for the win...

this
LOL dazo.

Anyway, I liked this chapter. It was very nice and well-worth the wait. That kiss & cute reaction. They deserve to be shipped as well. Either way, that was a pretty wonderful chapter. Even if it was a bit corny because meaning always -> power... at least it was better done this time. And Gajeel has finally become at least a bit more of a well-characterized badass.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 11:03   Link #13140
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
If we're going to be sciency like this chapter was, I think the Mangastream translation confused "density" with "hardness", because even though diamond is the hardest substance, it's only about half as dense as iron. And even then, Torafuzar never said that he could make his body "as hard as diamond", just that he could make it "harder than iron". So obviously his body was no harder than steel, because anything can be scratched by something with the same hardness as itself. And since steel is harder than iron, I see no fallacy in Gajeel's attack being able to cut through Torafuzar's non-diamond body.

And according to this blog that summarizes manga chapters, the word Torafuzar used to describe his power was "hardness" (硬度), not "density" (密度). And since this blog has never been wrong about Fairy Tail after years of comparing it to raw chapters, we can chalk this up to yet another Mangastream fail.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen