AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 15:59   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, can people who've played the game answer those questions? :3

& yeah, tihnking about the whole 'who's going to win' isn't really the case in this story - just try to think outside of the box for a change.
Old 2006-10-06, 16:02   Link #62
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Hmm, can people who've played the game answer those questions? :3

& yeah, tihnking about the whole 'who's going to win' isn't really the case in this story - just try to think outside of the box for a change.
Lol, yes ^^

However, it's better for fans of the game not to answer the questions yet. It's still only the first episode!
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 16:05   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, i won't answer them then.. it would kind of spoil the whole fun of it.
Old 2006-10-06, 16:13   Link #64
Kisuke06
I see...

Wow, ep 1 was very good. And very funny, that guy(I forgot his name) flying out of the window(2 times), was just priceless.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 16:15   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan
that guy(I forgot his name) flying out of the window(2 times)
How could you forget the all mighty Jin's name? >_<
Old 2006-10-06, 16:46   Link #66
martino
makes no files now

Hehe...that scene was really funny. The chibis are quite nice in this series(imo).
Old 2006-10-06, 19:28   Link #67
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Rivalry between who? If you watch the OP, it's very obvious the focus of the story will be on Feena while the rest of the cast take on a supporting role. If in case there were to be a rivalry, it's really obvious who will win and that just takes the fun out of it. Yoake would then just end up as your average bishoujo series~~~ >.>
I know...but this kind of shows always have those kinda theme or something that threatens to separate them.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 19:34   Link #68
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
I seem to like Natsuki the most, perhaps because she reminds me a bit of Azusa from Pia Carrot 2DX(maybe my fav female anime character of all times). However it's too early to say yet definitely.
Glad to see someone else is an Azusa fan, that reminds me, I should really watch Pia Carrot 2DX again soon It's hard not to like a character in a waitress uniform, and Natsuki beating the stuffing out of her brother is pretty fun to watch. Although overall it's hard for me not to like Feena the most (purple hair wins, unless there's a trap involved), Natsuki's a close second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Hmmmm...I made a strange observation; the princess' breasts are a bit too big(<- imo). It sort of annoys me...
Yeah, that's my only complaint with the character designs, and it only seems to be the case in her princess outfit. In her school uniform they seem more normal-sized somehow.

Quote:
Rivalry between who? If you watch the OP, it's very obvious the focus of the story will be on Feena while the rest of the cast take on a supporting role. If in case there were to be a rivalry, it's really obvious who will win and that just takes the fun out of it. Yoake would then just end up as your average bishoujo series~~~ >.>

So, instead of waiting for some type of overdone harem situation, I give you guys these questions to spark your imagination~ ^^

1. Why did Feena, a moon princess, come to Earth on a homestay and why the Asagiri house? Why not at an embassy? (there is one btw)
2. What kind of relationship can you really have with a princess? Remember the incident with Tatsuya grabbing Feena's nose and their over reaction? Can you really view a princess as a 'normal' girl?
3. How do you think the bad relationship between Earth and the moon will play into Tatsuya and Feena's developing relationship?

[edit] People who've played the game, please refrain from spoiling Feena's game storyline~
Hmmm...good questions, since I haven't played the game this'll just be rampant speculation:

1. Feena met Tatsuya in the past somehow based on her 'he hasn't changed at all' comment, so I'm guessing she specifically requested to homestay there. She probably got lost the last time she came to Earth and ended up playing with Tatsuya, there's probably some childhood promise involved and he doesn't remember that either...guys in anime always seem to have amnesia about these sort of things, like they have a mental block on any girls they met before they were 6 that might grow up to be really hot. Kind of sad when you consider Feena obviously still thinks a lot of Tatsuya, but he doesn't remember her at all (yet).

2. Tatsuya seemed a little intimidated at first, but he called her 'Feena' without the honorific -hime before she even told him to, and by the end of the episode he seemed to be over the princess thing. Although since she's the future queen of the Moon and presumably isn't going to go become an ordinary okusan in a Japanese suburb, there's probably going to be a choice at some point where Tatsuya has to decide between everything he knows and all his friends on Earth and going off to the Moon with her.

3. There's got to be some conflict there that threatens to pull them apart--but then again, I give the writers credit for not following the 'obvious' path so far with things like when Feena falls. She doesn't land on Tatsuya in an embarrassing pose like I would have bet you 100-to-1 she would have, she lands flat on her face. So maybe they'll go a different route and the Earth-Moon tension won't play into their relationship at all, although that would really surprise me. The more obvious path to take the story would be tensions between the Earth and the Moon rise just when Feena and Tatsuya are about to get together, they get pulled apart by circumstances beyond their control and Feena leaves for the Moon--and then somehow Feena and Tatsuya intervene with the higher-ups on both sides to stop the war and as a bonus get to be together.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 19:57   Link #69
Cyz
"Show it to me"

If you pay attention the OP scenes, there were some scenes there showing Tatsuya and Feena meeting during their childhood years.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-06, 20:19   Link #70
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1.

That was terrible. The premise is an inane and ridiculous as one can get, the characters were annoying, with bearly a sense of realism about them and the comedy was low-brow and repetitive. This looks like it's going to turn into a typical shounen romance, which means you can pretty much almost already right this down as a fail. There's pretty much nothing to this that caught my eye or intrigued me.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 20:28   Link #71
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
This looks like it's going to turn into a typical shounen romance, which means you can pretty much almost already right this down as a fail.
Oddly enough, this is the exact reason why I'm watching this.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 20:31   Link #72
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Ep 1.

That was terrible. The premise is an inane and ridiculous as one can get, the characters were annoying, with bearly a sense of realism about them and the comedy was low-brow and repetitive. This looks like it's going to turn into a typical shounen romance, which means you can pretty much almost already right this down as a fail. There's pretty much nothing to this that caught my eye or intrigued me.
But that barely sense of realism is what makes the anime interesting. And, as we seen in most comedy animes, they're all repetitive. So why make this one different? And...if it didn't this caught your eye, why did you watch it in the first place when you could just look at the summary in a blog or something?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-06, 20:34   Link #73
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
And, as we seen in most comedy animes, they're all repetitive. So why make this one different?
It's worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
And...if it didn't this caught your eye, why did you watch it in the first place when you could just look at the summary in a blog or something?
Because I'd rather see it with my own eyes. Blogs can be misleading. There's no substitute for forming an opinion about an anime than watching it yourself.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 21:15   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
So why make this one different?
It's worse.
Well, needless to say, at least based on the first episode, I disagree. I liked the characters, the premise, and even the comedy (unrealistic and stereotypical though it all may be). I was quite happy with the first episode, and I'm looking forward to seeing Tatsuya and Feena's love story play out. I guess not every show can appeal to everyone; good thing there are 40+ others starting this season.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 21:21   Link #75
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

It's not too amazing, but I'll watch a few Eps before I pass judgement.

Jin sounds REALLY familiar... Who's his VA, and has he done other work before?
Avacado Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 21:23   Link #76
evil-samurai

Quote:
If you watch the OP, it's very obvious the focus of the story will be on Feena while the rest of the cast take on a supporting role.
Noo!!!! I was hoping for his sister to be the one Though serouisly I think its nice that they have decide to take one path. Character-wise I like nearly all of them but the maid is little annoying (dont like the voice >.>) For some reason I really like Mai, must be her Imagination!! and the Voice! =)

After watching the sub I like the show more but still there are other shows that interest me more this season and if all the comedy goes away I think I might lose interest. One thing to add is the show has some fairly nice pieces of music =) horrible music can ruin an anime glad it isn't the case here.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-10-06 at 21:47.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 22:02   Link #77
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 1.

I disagree. This might be one of my top 5 of the season if it continues this pace.

I like Mai much better than Natsuki(don't care for her at all but more so than the Maid at least) but Feena's got my heart already.
Old 2006-10-06, 22:25   Link #78
KBTKaiser

I'm VERY tempted to go spoiler-crazy, but the anime digression using humor tells me to wait and see what's gonna happen.

Sidenote: In the game Natsuki's got mean throwing arm with those paddles. The spinning projectile pegs Jin on the chin and goes for the KO. >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 02:49   Link #79
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
The first episode wasn't all that dynamic, to say the least, but I thought the anime showed some promise, despite being criticised for showing a 'typical shounen romance'. How can we even deduce that it is typical? One thing I hate about is first impressions that leaves no room for mercy, especially after only one episode. Right now its far too early to judge the anime accurately.

The point about the Moon-Earth conflict hopefully does get to play a more central theme, though. It might make for a little more drama, though I'm well aware that Crescent Love is based mainly on romance (duh) and comedy, thanks to the chibi-fied characters in those few scenes. I'm not sure if there will be some romantic tension over Tatsuya, though. We'll just have to wait and see, what with the unidentified blonde girl that appeared at the end. Things just might get a little complicated...

@ Avocado Burger: Jin's VA also voices Imadori Kyousuke from School Rumble, by the way.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 02:57   Link #80
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Spoiler for episode 1:

Tags
august, bishoujo, comedy, doumu, drama, romance