Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 21:47   Link #1181
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
I would prefer a happier ending
Spoiler:
While I would smile and be happy while watching the ending, the second its over I'll be thinking it over and probably start to either hate it or just go "meh" and move on. The thing is, without any set-up to it, this ending will not be memorable...Yuuko moving on is the most predictable, but it's being set-up well and will leave a memorable bitter-sweet taste for a while.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 22:44   Link #1182
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Thanks relentlessflame for the clues.

Turns out that it is Sakuma drops and the Japanese characters are written from right to left, thus the confusion. @_@
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 01:40   Link #1183
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Wtf @ Kirie in this episode... So FREAKING dramatic. Those poses, her actions, even her words... What the hell?!

And I honestly teared up a little at the notebook writing scene. So sad. :'(
Old 2012-06-19, 05:49   Link #1184
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh wow....looks like Kirie is doing the Lelouch treatment this ep

Making Teiichi Asa's grandson is a nice way of making everything come full circle.

But then that circle may have to break soon

Looks like the next ep will be a real rend on those heart strings....
Old 2012-06-19, 19:40   Link #1185
Doria

Well, they can have her pass on (as I believe she should, thematically) in the next episode, and then forward years into the future (maybe over a Teiichi narration of the rest of his hopefully happy life) to his death, where he dies and is reunited with her in the afterlife, where she waited for him.

I can totally see that working... Uh, probably because it has worked in other series before now.

But in fairness, I will say that none of the latter developments have been unpredictable to me, but all have been satisfying due to their high degree of good execution.

(To other ideas... The only way I see a relationship with Momoe making any sort of sense is if I tenuously ascribe to it the idea that she represents the living/future, which is the way that Teiichi should naturally be inclined, where Kirei et al represent the past. But that is really tacking on an interpretation that I don't believe is present in the slightest in what we've seen so far.)
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 19:49   Link #1186
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

There's also the Angel Beats ending...one of only three anime/manga that has managed to make me cry, and believe me I cried so very much during the ending.
Old 2012-06-19, 23:12   Link #1187
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What was up with Kirie suddenly acting like she was starring in a Shaft anime? I found that a bit jarring to be honest. It didn't fit the dramatic tone of the episode. I wanted to laugh every time she did those hand gestures....
Maybe my devotion to Shaft is excessive, but although I admit the posing was a bit odd, it worked for me. Part of the idea, I guess, was that Kirie really, really wants Yuuko to be gone so she herself can make a move on Teiichi.

I kind of expect Kirie and Teiichi to get together, and mini-Yuuko to be their beloved child. But with everything in a positive way, no child-abuse involved, lol. Kirie and Teiichi create a sweet full circle by being the descendants of Asa and Yuuko.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 23:16   Link #1188
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Kirie and Teiichi create a sweet full circle by being the descendants of Asa and Yuuko.
Well, not the descendent of Yuuko directly. However, they are both descendents of the two people Yuuko most wanted to survive the plague and the villagers' madness.

That could work. Reincarnation opens up new plot possibilities.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 23:23   Link #1189
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yuuko moves on and vanishes, there's a monologue with Teiichi saying some wise words and that he never got married, had children or anything of the sort yet had a happy life...but hopes he meets Yuuko again in another life...cut to a kid with black hair, brown eyes and a bell on his wrist entering an old school building only to find a hot girl with very light brown long hair, walnut-brown eyes and a bell on her wrist humming the ending song. She turns to him, smiles and casually greets him.
The End.

There, I can also write happy endings...now stop bugging me about it -.-
Old 2012-06-20, 00:00   Link #1190
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Maybe my devotion to Shaft is excessive, but although I admit the posing was a bit odd, it worked for me. Part of the idea, I guess, was that Kirie really, really wants Yuuko to be gone so she herself can make a move on Teiichi.
The blocking and acting didn't bother me either, but I'm also a fan of Shaft works that employ the same sort of over-emphasized theatrical gesturing for effect. Here too, it was just for the effect of the scene; a way to emphasize her emotions and part of the dramatization.

But... I don't think Kirie really wants Yuuko to be gone so she can make a move (maybe somewhere in her heart-of-hearts, but not really), but more like it's because he fell in love with Yuuko that she's given up on him already, so if Teichi blows this chance due to his own inaction, she'd be even more pissed off. So like "if you won't accept/love me, you'd better try your damnedest to be happy with the one you do love". This is why, after Episode 11, I had a harder time believing the possibility that Kirie and Teichi could have a future together, except if something extra happens in Episode 12 to bridge this gap (such as, for example, Yuuko trying to push them together a bit knowing she has to go) or a lot of time has passed. I think that scene represented Kirie accepting her having been rejected.
Old 2012-06-20, 18:01   Link #1191
Arya

After n episodes he finally understood that the "monster" Yuuko is also Yuuko.

Anyways, things are pointing to an AnoHana ending, aren't they? A Shaft-ed one? After having found Yuuko's letters in the yard Kirie, Teichi and Momoe will start yelling and crying on each other with emphatic poses ... mmm, no, I don't think it would work. Even if it didn't bother me, I also found Kirie's characterization in this episode a bit out of place.
I agree with relentlessflame, I also can't see Kirie and Teichi having a future together, even if I would like to see that, given that apparently Yuuko will vanish soon. Maybe after the end titles they will give us an extra minute with Teichi and a black long haired girl, hand in hand, showed from behind, just to keep thinks half opened.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:00   Link #1192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow at the ending, just when you thought it's finally over you get one problem after another...

...It's like this pairing just can't catch a break
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 01:00   Link #1193
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow at the ending, just when you thought it's finally over you get one problem after another...

...It's like this pairing just can't catch a break
Well, one of them has been dead since the other's grandmother is a kid the chance of a happy ending is pretty much close to nil.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 04:09   Link #1194
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Finally watched Episode 11. DAYM. During that scene between the two Yuukos and Teiichi, I feel like the room I'm in was consumed by darkness and the only thing around is the computer screen and Seikyou Academy on the other side of the monitor. It was THAT engaging.

Also, the part when Teiichi began to cling to Shadow Yuuko while in tears was the part where my tears slowly well up. Screw this. ;A;
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 05:28   Link #1195
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
While I'm not surprised that people in the thread have brought the idea of reincarnation as a possible way of MAYBE getting a happy ending, I'm kind of baffled why they aren't thinking about another idea connected to rebirth, which has been used in other media: that reincarnations aren't necessarily linear.
Old 2012-06-21, 12:24   Link #1196
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Marathon-ed from episode 1 to the current episode. Regret not following it when it first aired, but it was a blessing also to be able to witness the entire story without breaks while waiting for the upcoming episode.

But it seems possibly geared towards a sad ending, its as if Yuuko will disappear because she doesn't have any regrets or such anymore.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:31   Link #1197
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Marathon-ed from episode 1 to the current episode. Regret not following it when it first aired, but it was a blessing also to be able to witness the entire story without breaks while waiting for the upcoming episode.

But it seems possibly geared towards a sad ending, its as if Yuuko will disappear because she doesn't have any regrets or such anymore.
Shouldn't you have waited for the last episode to be out to do that?
Old 2012-06-21, 12:47   Link #1198
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Just pointing the obvious, but I think she regrets not *bleep*ing Teichi
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:54   Link #1199
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Just pointing the obvious, but I think she regrets not *bleep*ing Teichi
And that's precisely why she can't go to heaven in the finale!
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:58   Link #1200
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If only this was one of Maybe's hentai xD

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural