AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-08, 13:19   Link #141
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Judging from the PV, this feels like a train wreck anime. By that I mean it seems like the studio is going to go for a BAD END. Can't wait if that's the case.
Old 2010-09-16, 12:45   Link #142
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Old 2010-09-17, 20:39   Link #143
type-R!

New PV http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/y...cial/spot.html
Afterall the character designs will be a bit off, not by much though, maybe just Akira, but the rest look ok, specially the class president who looks prettier than in the game lol.

Last edited by type-R!; 2010-09-18 at 15:53.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 05:17   Link #144
Fate/Tsukihime

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
specially the class president who looks pretier than in the game lol.
Haha I agree with u lol.
And the OP sounds pretty good.
Fate/Tsukihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 05:41   Link #145
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I can not wait, I hope they do not disappoint me. I have high expectations due to the game~
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 22:39   Link #146
Eternal_Sin
Useless Human Being

don't know about the game, but from what I read on the manga, I quite like the story, I hope this will be a good romance anime
Eternal_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 00:34   Link #147
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Hopefully, in the anime, they watertened the sex scenes.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 23:07   Link #148
Lelouch Tatsumi

Send a message via AIM to Lelouch Tatsumi Send a message via MSN to Lelouch Tatsumi
I haven't played the game for this or read the manga but, I am really looking forward to this title. Based off an eroge or not, this still looks like a good show.

Last edited by Lelouch Tatsumi; 2010-09-25 at 20:56.
Lelouch Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 23:49   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Potentially interesting, on the "to do" list.
Old 2010-09-27, 18:35   Link #150
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
I think I never noticed that the OP was by eufonius before. Either that or I noticed, commented on it, and promptly forgot.

Anyway, looks like the game translation project wasn't dropped, as I expected. Glad to know that they're slightly more out in the open now.
Old 2010-09-29, 20:07   Link #151
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-09-30, 00:37   Link #152
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for NSFW:
My God that can't be Akira, it's probably Haruka's wishful imagination
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 17:56   Link #153
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-10-01, 04:52   Link #154
Dahak86
Classics never age

very nice scans above me

btw, I'll just leave this here:
Spoiler for rofl:
Should I expect scenes like that in the series?
Old 2010-10-01, 05:10   Link #155
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ETERNAL View Post
I think I never noticed that the OP was by eufonius before. Either that or I noticed, commented on it, and promptly forgot
Yeah I just noticed that the other week, I put this show on my list to watch after seeing that.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 05:56   Link #156
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
very nice scans above me

Spoiler for rofl:
This scene shows Sora masturbating.
You can remarked that the anime will be more faithful to the game, and the sex scenes will be watertened. Hopefully, they don't contains nipples (unlike the trailer), even in the BD/DVD release.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 08:25   Link #157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for More pics (a bit NSFW):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
very nice scans above me

Spoiler for rofl:
Well, that's... interesting. They don't seem to be forgetting the original material is an eroge. Is this new trailer/teaser available anywhere?
Old 2010-10-01, 08:28   Link #158
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
This scene shows Sora masturbating.
You can remarked that the anime will be more faithful to the game, and the sex scenes will be watertened. Hopefully, they don't contains nipples (unlike the trailer), even in the BD/DVD release.
That's funny because the way I see it, it seems the anime is going much more straightforward about that content. "more faithful"... about what? usual adaptations?
I fail to see how you can make such conclusion whereas we haven't seen any sizable portions of the adaptations. It isn't like glimpse of 5min footage at most would allow that kind of expectation, unless you have a crystal ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well, that's... interesting. They don't seem to be forgetting the original material is an eroge. Is this new trailer/teaser available anywhere?
Except that most eroge VN could work very well without that content, so the presence of that kind of scene is a bit puzzling: in fact, the usual "fanservice" is much stronger in anime series than in eroge in general so to speak.
As far as it goes, it seems they are going a bit more... "bold" in term of general theme for this series, and I'm not too sure if it will work, since it wasn't really about that in the original story.

The irony is that, I see -much more- sexual undertones with the PV (bare the mention of the few bare skin portions before) than the original game, save for the ero scenes.
Old 2010-10-01, 08:38   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Except that most eroge VN could work very well without that content, so the presence of that kind of scene is a bit puzzling.
As far as it goes, it seems they are going a bit more... "bold" in term of general theme for this series, and I'm not too sure if it will work, since it wasn't really about that in the original story.

The irony is that, I see -much more- sexual undertones with the PV (bare the mention of the few bare skin portions before) than the original game, save for the ero scenes.
True. Yosuga no Sora definitely sounded like the kind of game that could be easily adapted into a "regular anime" from the comments in this thread. I even remember people saying they didn't expect much fanservice from it, then we get nipples and this so I'm also a little surprised. All this service may end up being superfluous but I'm waiting to see how they'll handle it. As long as they don't turn this into an ecchi anime and adapt the story faithfully (Sora route! Sora route!), I'm fine with it.
Old 2010-10-01, 09:24   Link #160
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's funny because the way I see it, it seems the anime is going much more straightforward about that content. "more faithful"... about what? usual adaptations?
I fail to see how you can make such conclusion whereas we haven't seen any sizable portions of the adaptations. It isn't like glimpse of 5min footage at most would allow that kind of expectation, unless you have a crystal ball.
I think the logic is simply "it's an ero game!" --> "they're showing ero content!" --> "they're being faithful to the fact that it's an ero game!" This is exactly the same thing that was said about Shukufuku no Campanella's fanservice scenes, despite the balance there too being "adjusted". Really, only those who have played the original game are in a position to judge whether or not the adaptation is faithful to the original work.

As you suggested, I think it's a matter of emphasis. In this case, the original game certainly did have a certain amount of sexual tension, but this was mostly played beneath the surface. If they choose to be more upfront in the presentation, it could make for a more sexually charged show overall. The other difference is a matter of perspective; a lot of the anime scenes we've been shown feature the heroines on their own, but the original game was told from the perspective of the Haruka, the protagonist. From this new sort of "all-seeing" perspective, you will see aspects of the story that were previously unspoken and unseen. Whether these adjustments will help tell the game's original story, or allow them to tell a different story... well, only time will tell.

(I also want to point out that there is also the possibility of them showing some scenes that are deliberately misleading. That one clip seems like a classic example of that, though I haven't seen the rest of this new PV yet.)

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation