AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-03, 23:47   Link #261
Chosen_Hero

^Not everyone that watches anime goes out of their way to do meticulous research on the cast and production company, or hangs on every words said by said people like their life depends on it. Some of us just care about watching the show.

With that said, Borr not being a loli is definitely confusing, anime has taught me that if it talks like a loli, acts like a loli and looks like a loli, it is a loli... or a ancient immortal all powerful vampire or someone's grandma that was cursed.

By the way, anyone else notice the black haired Anti in OP? Also, notice how the windows of the train become foggy at the beginning of the episode.
Old 2018-11-04, 00:03   Link #262
Korol

Yet we.ve expected on hopes on Dyna Dragon and King Jet been appeared on later Episodes been. second assist weapons to gridman.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 00:09   Link #263
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Akane's body is absolutely perfect. She looked incredible in that swimsuit.

I thought something was odd when both Yuta and Utsumi fell asleep in the train. Then it happened to the assist weapons as well. If you piece this with what happened at the end of the ep where it looked like the land was disappearing, it's pretty much confirmed this is a virtual world. They were put to sleep so that the train ride would feel like it lasted a while. The area was probably created specifically for this trip, and it was erased once it wasn't needed anymore. It also explains why Alexis keeps calling Gridman a guest, it's because he isn't part of this world.
There is actually another hint for the whole artificial world made by or for Akane at the very start of the episode. As she was showing off her bikini she said that the river trip was going to cause her more work since it was out of the city. Such as having to setup the whole area and the fake train trip to get there.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 00:21   Link #264
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
By the way, anyone else notice the black haired Anti in OP?
You mean the dark haired Akane lookalike in the greenish-black hoodie holding an umbrella right? I've seen theories on Japanese Twitter that it's "the Akane of the real world" but I'm not so sure about that. Strangely in nearly every episode there's been a character appearing in the background that wears a dark hoodie like this character from the OP, whoever he/she is. Like in this episode they were seen tampering with the vending machines at Tsutsuji-dai train station as the Neon Genesis Middle Schoolers were rushing to catch a train.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 04:00   Link #265
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Also, his name is officially Bora, just for the record.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 04:12   Link #266
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Also, his name is officially Bora, just for the record.
Nope, the name is officially Borr. It's taken from Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad, the Western localisation of the original Gridman, where "Borr" is the localised name of the "Twin Driller" assist weapon.
Old 2018-11-04, 04:58   Link #267
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's written as "Bora" in katakana on the official website, but if the original character's name is Borr maybe that trumps it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 06:22   Link #268
Blaat

Most likely this series does take place in the digital world does that mean that most of characters are fake as well? It would be quite the twist if Rikka and the glasses guy aren't real.
Old 2018-11-04, 06:41   Link #269
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Most likely this series does take place in the digital world does that mean that most of characters are fake as well? It would be quite the twist if Rikka and the glasses guy aren't real.
Please happen so we can go Akane route
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 07:03   Link #270
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'd imagine they're actually all real but they're all integrated into the simulation, hence why no one remembers after the resets, and the only thing that snapped Rikka and Utsumi "into reality", making them immune to the effects of the resets, was witnessing Yuuta merge with Gridman. Yuuta was probably the same until Gridman came into the picture.
Old 2018-11-04, 07:58   Link #271
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i think they really need to make Junk portable, hauling the damn entire thing is a chore.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 11:59   Link #272
Applehell

Well now that Akane knows Yuuta is Gridman or at least related to him we most like gonna get a break cyclic format episodes now. Unless... she just plans to continue doing as she always has anyway. I feel like that just as likely.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 13:04   Link #273
Wandering Soul

Despite how she treats him, Anti still cares about her. Maybe Akane will learn to treat her pets better, I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 2018-11-04, 14:29   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Despite how she treats him, Anti still cares about her. Maybe Akane will learn to treat her pets better, I'm not holding my breath though.
Given that she threw away his scarf, I doubt her attitude toward him is going to change.
Old 2018-11-04, 15:56   Link #275
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Given that she threw away his scarf, I doubt her attitude toward him is going to change.
His scarf would have been a dead giveaway for her if the team saw it and she had no place to store it.
Old 2018-11-04, 16:09   Link #276
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think it would. The team don't yet know that the little guy is the kaiju.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 16:53   Link #277
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Nope, the name is officially Borr. It's taken from Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad, the Western localisation of the original Gridman, where "Borr" is the localised name of the "Twin Driller" assist weapon.
Meanwhile, one of Borr's attacks in this episode features a shout-out to the driver of the vehicle in Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.

Spoiler for Future Episode:
Old 2018-11-04, 18:24   Link #278
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
His scarf would have been a dead giveaway for her if the team saw it and she had no place to store it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't think it would. The team don't yet know that the little guy is the kaiju.
They don’t even know any kaiju can take human form at all. All they know is that a purple-colored kaiju that keeps coming back can copy Gridman’s abilities and can talk. The scarf wouldn’t have given anything away.
Old 2018-11-04, 19:49   Link #279
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Meanwhile, one of Borr's attacks in this episode features a shout-out to the driver of the vehicle in Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.
Two attacks actually: the Sydney Super Adhesive Missile and the Forrester Extinguisher Missile (Crunchy's subs unfortunately spelled it "Forest" when the spoken line says otherwise), which reference the character Sydney Forrester from Superhuman Samurai.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 20:24   Link #280
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Credit given, those extinguisher missiles were rather handy. Even if things weirdly return to normal after the fight that wouldn't save anyone killed in a massive forest fire before the reset kicked in.

While Anti is very much locked into his "must kill Gridman" programming, it is nice that he takes some actions outside of that. Too bad Akane is fairly lacking in gratitude for that. But at least she's not stupid enough to ignore his help when she needed it. But that girl is still very much broken at this point.

Good cooperation by the main trio. Had to really go all out to avoid the issue of not being able to quickly get back and transform in time. Good thing Rikka pushed herself as well or who knows how many people would have died because they didn't know a useful phone number.

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya