AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-25, 09:44   Link #4021
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Meliodas' mother in disguise? It's possible, now that you mention it. But if she really isn't Hawk's mother, then where exactly is Hawk's mother? Dead? Captured? The mystery thickens.
Old 2018-07-27, 22:46   Link #4022
marvelB

Okay, we go back to the main story this week! Only a couple blurry pics out now, though:

Spoiler for 276:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 12:26   Link #4023
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mael makes the best faces.
Old 2018-07-28, 22:51   Link #4024
marvelB

Well in any case, here's the rest of the Chinese spoiler info (though I once again stress that this spoiler ought to be taken with a grain of salt until the chapter's out):

Spoiler for 276:
Old 2018-07-29, 10:19   Link #4025
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If the spoilers are true, this is a good and epic fight. I like what Merlin did.

If Meliodas also helps when his power-up is done, that'll be great. I think it'd be a team-up to look forward to.
Old 2018-07-29, 11:05   Link #4026
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Assuming the spoiler is real, Mael is about to get another commandment.

What does the spoiler mean by his eyes being half angel, half demon? Hasn't that been the case for the past couple chapters? Or does he now have two black eyes with the goddess pattern on them?
Old 2018-07-30, 13:46   Link #4027
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

The images were true but the spoilers weren`t . So it seems like someone of equal power must interfere .Mel , Zel or Escanor
Old 2018-07-31, 17:08   Link #4028
marvelB

Huh, interestingly, those fake spoilers were right in a couple of aspects (Elizabeth awakening and Deri joining in the fight). The rest was off though, yeah. Well, this looks like the end of another commandment.... and it's thanks to an archangel faltering in their battle plan at the last minute. And like Kanon said, Mael will most likely take in her decree. There's one silver lining, though: Gowther now knows the commandment absorption spell. Hopefully, that means he'll figure out how to reverse the process, as well....
Old 2018-07-31, 18:43   Link #4029
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, the main part of the plan is to use the spell from Derrierie's mind to remove the decrees from Mael. And Gowther has the spell now which means they've managed to reach the goal half of the way. It sucks that Derrierie had to die, though. I wonder if Meliodas will really end up with all of the decrees later. Though I really hope he regains all of his lost emotions from Purgatory as well.
Old 2018-08-01, 06:06   Link #4030
Twi

Yeah... I can't feel sorry for her. I still remember all the soul eating and how they had the humans living in fear and under their thumb, forcing them to offer up the souls of others or themselves.
Old 2018-08-01, 07:42   Link #4031
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah... I can't feel sorry for her. I still remember all the soul eating and how they had the humans living in fear and under their thumb, forcing them to offer up the souls of others or themselves.
True that, one good decision can't cleanse the crimes she did before. But if we're going by that, then Meliodas and Gowther probably won't get their redemptions.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 08:13   Link #4032
Twi

What redemption for Meliodas? He sided with the humans in the previous war and hadn't been going for souls at all. Losing his emotions was beyond his control, not by choice.

Gowther, on the other hand, does the most shady stuff on the heroes side. He scares me.
Old 2018-08-01, 10:54   Link #4033
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
What redemption for Meliodas? He sided with the humans in the previous war and hadn't been going for souls at all. Losing his emotions was beyond his control, not by choice.
Meliodas was the leader of the ten commandments, he probably did more killing than Derrieri ever has in her life. It's true he switched sides in the last war, just like Derrieri in this chapter. It's actually not so much about which side you're on, but doing the right thing. And they both chose to do that. I don't know about redemption (how do you decide someone has reached it?), but she's at least earned my sympathy.
Old 2018-08-01, 14:18   Link #4034
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm with Kanon on this. And all demons are evil and they all eat souls. It doesn't necessarily make Derrierie completely irredeemable or someone who doesn't deserve sympathy no matter what. Otherwise we'd have to say the same for Meliodas and Elizabeth (Goddesses are also bad--you know why).

Love was what seemed to change Meliodas, and it may have been the same for Derrierie as well. I feel like they're very similar.
Old 2018-08-01, 17:07   Link #4035
Twi

Mmm... you're both probably right, but until I see him actually do it on screen it doesn't click for me. Though, in specific, its more the soul-eating that bothers me since as far as I can tell mortals reincarnate unless they get their souls devoured. So not only are they getting killed, but they get permakilled twice over.

I mean, we actually saw the Ten Commandments emerge and turn that country into a hellhole specifically to harvest souls to regain their magical power, as mortals seemed to have gained it in their absence. Before then, as far as we knew the Demons and Angels (considering Estarossa's words about how he was being taught, they're far from innocent either as we saw them technically execute demonic civilians) were at war and everyone else was stuck in the middle. The earliest we saw Mel do anything, he was by Elizabeth's side bringing in a couple of humans who revealed the Angels screwed with them for helping a demon in the past.
Old 2018-08-01, 17:17   Link #4036
marvelB

Honestly, as far as character redemption goes, I'm not all that bothered by the Deri/Monspiet duo for some reason. Probably because there were already characters whose changes of heart felt more out of place to me (Hendy, Fraudrin, and Gilthunder, despite the latter's deeds being revealed to be an act). Plot-wise, I'd think Fraudrin's redemption would feel especially strange considering he was the one responsible for setting this whole chain of events into action in the first place, but.... sudden family love and all that, heh.
Old 2018-08-01, 18:55   Link #4037
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Mmm... you're both probably right, but until I see him actually do it on screen it doesn't click for me. Though, in specific, its more the soul-eating that bothers me since as far as I can tell mortals reincarnate unless they get their souls devoured. So not only are they getting killed, but they get permakilled twice over.

I mean, we actually saw the Ten Commandments emerge and turn that country into a hellhole specifically to harvest souls to regain their magical power, as mortals seemed to have gained it in their absence. Before then, as far as we knew the Demons and Angels (considering Estarossa's words about how he was being taught, they're far from innocent either as we saw them technically execute demonic civilians) were at war and everyone else was stuck in the middle. The earliest we saw Mel do anything, he was by Elizabeth's side bringing in a couple of humans who revealed the Angels screwed with them for helping a demon in the past.
Meliodas had the reputation of being merciless, even among other demons. There has to be a reason for that. Still waiting for a flashback.
Old 2018-08-01, 18:56   Link #4038
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Mmm... you're both probably right, but until I see him actually do it on screen it doesn't click for me.
This. We haven't seen Meliodas do anything beyond the pale

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Honestly, as far as character redemption goes, I'm not all that bothered by the Deri/Monspiet duo for some reason. Probably because there were already characters whose changes of heart felt more out of place to me (Hendy, Fraudrin, and Gilthunder, despite the latter's deeds being revealed to be an act). Plot-wise, I'd think Fraudrin's redemption would feel especially strange considering he was the one responsible for setting this whole chain of events into action in the first place, but.... sudden family love and all that, heh.
I honestly don't really consider Fraudrin to gotten redeemed, really. He just couldn't bring himself to kill a kid he acted as a father too, it's not like anyone really forgave him.

Now, if you want to talk about bogus redemption, there's always Gloxinia and Drole.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-02, 10:12   Link #4039
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We haven't seen Meliodas doing it, yes, but we've indeed already been told about how ruthless he was even among the demons. Are you going to deny something mentioned in canon?

How was Gloxinia and Dolor's redemption bogus, though? Their flashbacks and backstory not good enough for you?
Old 2018-08-02, 10:52   Link #4040
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
We haven't seen Meliodas doing it, yes, but we've indeed already been told about how ruthless he was even among the demons. Are you going to deny something mentioned in canon?
I'm not denying canon, I'm just stating that since we haven't actually seen Meliodas do anything truly horrible, it doesn't feel real.

Quote:
How was Gloxinia and Dolor's redemption bogus, though? Their flashbacks and backstory not good enough for you?
Their reasoning for betraying their people felt cheap and it seemed like they just went back too easily.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen