AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-25, 09:37   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 742 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoilers are out, guys! Here's a short summary courtesy of AP's Redon:

Quote:
- Kyros became the captain of Dressrosa Royal Army when he was 25 years.
- Kyros saved Scarlett from pirates and then they fell in love with each other.
- Diamante shot Scarlett in front of Kyros.
- Operation SOP has succeed.
Old 2014-03-25, 10:03   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So mostly flashbacks and then at the end the Soldier goes back to human? Guess we won't see Usopp in this chapter.
Old 2014-03-25, 10:10   Link #3
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So mostly flashbacks and then at the end the Soldier goes back to human? Guess we won't see Usopp in this chapter.

Actually, there was a Chinese spoiler that apparently also mentioned that both Franky AND Usopp got taken down this chapter, but I'm not 100% sure on this one. Either way, I think that the "Operation SOP has succeeded" line is enough to indicate that Usopp was able to knock out Sugar, say what you will about his overall performance this arc.
Old 2014-03-25, 10:51   Link #4
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That's an interesting turn of events actually... All the released toys will be able to pick up the slack while Usopp and Franky are down. Which will allow them to get back in action at a later point, if necessary. They'll need to either escape or get a rescue though. With Franky in the custody of the marines that might be tricky.

Will they even show how Usopp managed to complete his objective?
Old 2014-03-25, 11:01   Link #5
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
That's an interesting turn of events actually... All the released toys will be able to pick up the slack while Usopp and Franky are down. Which will allow them to get back in action at a later point, if necessary. They'll need to either escape or get a rescue though. With Franky in the custody of the marines that might be tricky.

Will they even show how Usopp managed to complete his objective?
They will definitely show it, probably not in this chapter though.
Old 2014-03-25, 11:06   Link #6
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
They will definitely show it, probably not in this chapter though.
Well... actually this may be "filler space". I noticed that it seems that Oda tries to make the "stretching" of the anime more easily lately, like with the tournement (i.e. provide a setting without getting too much into the actual events).
Old 2014-03-25, 11:48   Link #7
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

wait, if diamante is the one who shot scarlett...I demand Kyros to return immediately to the Arena and wreak havoc there

leave mingo to our gummy boy
Old 2014-03-25, 12:40   Link #8
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Oh I guess the colloseum battle will be cancelled... I mean the Chaos from toys most likely turning back and the returning memories will cause quite the havoc and there are toys inbetween the audience as well.

And Robin will turn back probably as well, so she gets to fight Trebol possibly.
Old 2014-03-25, 18:25   Link #9
swenda

i might have an idea how ussop has knoked out sugar, what if has a plant that has the same effect as sea stone. please think about it
Old 2014-03-25, 18:32   Link #10
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by swenda View Post
i might have an idea how ussop has knoked out sugar, what if has a plant that has the same effect as sea stone. please think about it
He is a sniper,he probably had various ways of knocking her out.
Old 2014-03-26, 00:14   Link #11
Rainbowman

Operation SOP a success? We better get details on how it happend and the chaos it ensues.
Old 2014-03-26, 01:55   Link #12
marvelB

Aohige's summary is out, which clarifies a lot of stuff:

-Continuing from the flashback, Kyros racks up 3000 victories over a 9-year period. Interestingly, one of his opponents was the "mystery" gladiator, Ricky.

-Scarlet (his future wife) doesn't approve of him at first, but she eventually softens up to him after he rescues her from pirates. However, since the public wouldn't approve of a princess marrying a murderer, she goes as far as to FAKE HER OWN DEATH so she can stay with Kyros (aaaawwwww).

-On the night Doflamingo's coup took place, Kyros confronts the warlord, but ends up getting trapped in sea stone chains. However, he CUTS HIS OWN LEG OFF, and manages to save King Riku. Unfortunately, this is the point where Sugar turns him into a toy. Shortly after, during his attempt to rescue Scarlet, he bares witness to her execution by Diamante's hands. This is the point where the flashback ends....

-Back in the present, Kyros (aka Thunder Soldier) plans to make a sneak attack on Doflamingo. However, Gladius is on the hunt for the intruders, as he's discovered that the Doflamingo he met before was a fake. We then shift to the coliseum, where it seems that Sabo is tricking Burgess into destroying the arena. At the same time, Diamante is taunting Rebecca even further, confessing that he killed her mother.....

-Outside the factory, Franky has indeed been taken down by the combined might of the marines and Dofla officers. Nonetheless, he still has faith in Usopp. Underground, Usopp has had a number done on him by Trebol, having been beaten to the point of unconsciousness and trapped in the sticky goo. However, the dwarves and toys alike are still cheering for him (Cavendish even says he won't be Luffy's enemy anymore if he can be rescued, heh). Sugar then decides to finish off the liar by feeding him the very "poisoned" grape that was meant to be fed to her. However..... the spicy grape triggers such an EXTREME in Usopp that it in turn causes Sugar to freak out..... and fall unconscious!

Well..... at least this proves that the SOP operation was successful! Sadly, I'm sure those same bitter folks won't be too happy about Sugar being defeated by a gag, though......
Old 2014-03-26, 02:01   Link #13
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Kyros taught Riku how to fight with swords.
Old 2014-03-26, 02:07   Link #14
marvelB

^So he taught both his father-in-law AND daughter how to fight.... that sure is interesting.

Though I'm personally more amused by the fact that his missing leg was the result of him pulling a Zeff.
Old 2014-03-26, 02:07   Link #15
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So we'll have to wait and see... chapter should be out in the next few hours. Will Sugar have an Enel reaction face? That would mean that she is the first person who gets knocked out by the Enel reaction face.

And Ussop wins by pure luck again it seems... if he just once says "Fukou-da" it will mean instant death.
Old 2014-03-26, 02:20   Link #16
marvelB

HUGE LOL at Sugar's defeat: XD

Images
last page
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-26, 02:24   Link #17
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

oh yea! I was correct! Now it's confirmed! Sugar is the first person that passed out from doing "Enel's reaction face".

...or it will be downplayed next chapter with Sugar saying "damn that was close" or something like that, but I doubt that will happen.
Old 2014-03-26, 02:36   Link #18
Veviticus

What a horrible face on a cute little girl. I don't even recognize her
Old 2014-03-26, 02:37   Link #19
The Small One

Actually I think the foaming at her mouth looks more like the typical "passed out from King's Haki" reaction.
Wouldn't it be awesome if Usopp had it, but couldn't use it, because he doesn't believe in himself?
Old 2014-03-26, 02:45   Link #20
coded321
He Who Games

Did anyone else find usopp's reaction to the grape a little disturbing or scary? or is it just me?
Closed Thread