AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 23:00   Link #261
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim
- what the heck did makoto say when sekai stopped stabbing him (then fansub tranlate it as Thank goodness, what the?) and ended up touching sekai's abdomen?
I believe he said, "Sekai"
Old 2007-09-27, 23:00   Link #262
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddevil View Post
as opposed to arguing whether or not sekai was pregnant...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudocyesis

i would think that's the most likely possibility
What part of my post didn't you understand?

Quote:
Except she never wanted to be pregnant in the first place. She was upset, then noticed that she kept coughing and such and realized that she hasn't had her period.
Might as well use wiki for this part since your using it.
Psychodynamic theories attribute the false pregnancy to emotional conflict. It is thought that an intense desire to become pregnant, or an intense fear of becoming pregnant, can create internal conflicts and changes in the endocrine system, which may explain some of the symptoms of pseudocyesis. Another theory concerns wish-fulfillment. It holds that if a women desires pregnancy badly enough she may interpret minor changes in her body as signs of pregnancy.

Now where did it showed that Sekai WANTED to become pregnant or even had a desire to have a baby? She was emotionally upset I'll grant you that but she never even thought of a baby at all.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:01   Link #263
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
- what the heck did makoto say when sekai stopped stabbing him (then fansub tranlate it as Thank goodness, what the?) and ended up touching sekai's abdomen?
I think he just said "Se...kai". "Thank goodness" is not really a good translation. I don't know where they came up with it.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:05   Link #264
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

wow... simply wow...

People may agree with me, but after watching this episode, I really feel that Sekai was responsible for all of this. She knew Setsuna had a thing for Makoto, but made her moves anyway, and had him go out with Kotonoha, then after he started dated Kotonoha, she continued to advance on him, playing on his carnal desires. She became self delusional about Makoto loving her, he just wanted to tap that ass.

Well, its the ending I was pretty much expecting, the everyone dies ending. Chances are Kotonoha never came back, and just died out in sea.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:12   Link #265
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Ending is truly NICE BOAT!!

I approve. I can see how some might call the ending tasteless, and School Days certainly isn't the most thought-provoking anime, but I praise the animators for taking an approach not typically taken by romance anime, and for capitalizing on its strong point---that of girls losing it and going to extremes in a love situation---and taking it to the very end.

I enjoy a little mindless, tasteless, gratuitous death and angst from time to time, and School Days appears to provide.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:17   Link #266
butter_sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
i have many questions regarding this episode..

- During the interrogation scene (where sekai in black scene and setsuna wear a mask) does it mean that even sekai betrayed setsuna? (it was said that sekai knew that setsuna has a crush on makoto and decided to help her) or it is just a mindtrick from a wrecked sekai?

- What is the analogy behind "flower" if someone watched the sub during the specific interrogation scene. "i'll tell you how to obtain such a beautiful flower" if i interpret it.. it would be when sekai helped makoto to get close with the flowe... i mean kotonoha

Well it didn't look like Sekai acted as if she knew of Setsuna's feelings the whole series unless she forgot it or suppressed the memory and it exploded back into reality when mentioned and the wrecked Sekai was more susceptible to the anguish.

I thought Makoto mentioned her name but when his hand was touching her womb its like he has finally realized and accepted the facts. Kinda like in the game where he accepts fate and responsibility as he's bleeding.

And besides, when he was cleaning up the messed up dinner Sekai cooked, he was thinking words of remorse and regret if anyone remembers.

Last edited by butter_sashimi; 2007-09-27 at 23:34. Reason: mistake
Old 2007-09-27, 23:22   Link #267
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
but I praise the animators for taking an approach not typically taken by romance anime,
Calling this romance anime is an insult to actual romance anime.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:26   Link #268
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Calling this romance anime is an insult to actual romance anime.
That's like saying a Hershey's chocolate bar isn't chocolate because it's only 10 or so percent actual chocolate. I guess it isn't, but does it really matter? And is it really something to get worked up over? What is your definition of a romance anime anyway?

And on a sidenote, I love and respect romance anime.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:26   Link #269
zheny

i just finish watching it with chinese sub title, FREAKING HELL
BEST ENDING I EVER SEEN IN ANY ANIME

killing Makoto is absolutely necessary, i saw that coming but having kotonoha chop up makoto's body stuff it in a beg then show it to sekai, then kill her to check if shes really pregnant. that view from inside sekai's body towards kotonoha......... then have her hold makoto's head in a nice little body where the wave crash her latter. everyone dies!!! muahahahhaha

PREFECT 10 ending, they went beyond my imagination... i imagine the prefect ending where makoto suffer a horrible death. thats all i wanted BUT THEY WENT BEYOND!!!

going to recommend this anime to all my anime friends, they will love the ending.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:31   Link #270
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Kotonoha must have great insulation if even Makoto (wearing all that thick jacket and pants) and everyone else felt cold, yet she's only wearing her school uniform and who knows how long she was outside from the last episode.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:37   Link #271
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
That's like saying a Hershey's chocolate bar isn't chocolate because it's only 10 or so percent actual chocolate. I guess it isn't, but does it really matter? And is it really something to get worked up over? What is your definition of a romance anime anyway?

And on a sidenote, I love and respect romance anime.
There really isn't any sort of romancing in the series. There's no relationship building, no moments of connection between characters, and etc. It's really a big drama fest more than anything and the characters are all pretty lost in their carnal emotions. I haven't seen the anime in its entirety but the game is like that and from what I hear the anime isn't different in that regard. Violence isn't the problem, it's the lack of substance in the relationships that doesn't qualify this as romance IMO.

To make the comparison you used, this doesn't even have 10% chocolate in it.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:40   Link #272
Orin GA

Kotonoha deflected that knife pretty fast. Did she take self defense classes
Old 2007-09-27, 23:40   Link #273
zheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post
Well it didn't look like Sekai acted as if she knew of Setsuna's feelings the whole series unless she forgot it or suppressed the memory and it exploded back into reality when mentioned and the wrecked Sekai was more susceptible to the anguish.

I thought Makoto mentioned her name but when his hand was touching her womb its like he has finally realized and accepted the facts. Kinda like in the game where he accepts fate and responsibility as he's bleeding.

And besides, when he was cleaning up the messed up dinner Sekai cooked, he was thinking words of remorse and regret if anyone remembers.
in chinesse sub title they translate Makoto's last word as "Seika"
i have no idea how freaking english sub title can get the idea of translating it to "Thank goodness"

in the very end, when makoto kiss kotonoha in front of seika , i still believe he only did it because his STILL THINKING WITH HIS PENIS. just so he can get laid with kotonoha. if seika is not pregnant he would have sex with her for another day. thats just the jerk he is.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:45   Link #274
no common sense
Resident Asshole

It's normal and expected for young women (she's only 15 or 16) to occasionally miss their period. So when she missed a period she assumed she was pregnant, believed she was pregnant, and finally convinced herself she must be pregnant. All the symptoms she displayed could have been psychosomatic. While her mental state wasn't nearly as bad as Katsura she was still under great duress and thus susceptible to something like that.
Why do people continue to defend the traitorous lying cum dumpster known as Sekai, she's just as selfish as Makoto. I was a bit surprised by the fact that I actually enjoyed Sekai's death even more than Makoto's. Makoto was representative of everything wrong with horny guys but Sekai was representative of everything wrong with slutty girls, even Otome never betrayed her friends. Sekai was the original instigator and enabler of the ugliness displayed throughout the anime (even Otome's actions only worked because Sekai made the situation possible) . Makoto was a monster but Sekai was the one who awakened, fed, and set loose that monster upon the world. Their deaths were oh so satisfying.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:48   Link #275
butter_sashimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheny View Post
in the very end, when makoto kiss kotonoha in front of seika , i still believe he only did it because his STILL THINKING WITH HIS PENIS. just so he can get laid with kotonoha. if seika is not pregnant he would have sex with her for another day. thats just the jerk he is.
At least he admitted what he did to Sekai in general was part of his "selfish desires" but regardless, a jerk is still a jerk.

So it seems the only girl who didn't get Makoto-ed is Nanami.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:52   Link #276
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
There really isn't any sort of romancing in the series. There's no relationship building, no moments of connection between characters, and etc. It's really a big drama fest more than anything and the characters are all pretty lost in their carnal emotions. I haven't seen the anime in its entirety but the game is like that and from what I hear the anime isn't different in that regard. Violence isn't the problem, it's the lack of substance in the relationships that doesn't qualify this as romance IMO.

To make the comparison you used, this doesn't even have 10% chocolate in it.
If you want to nitpick, I'll do the same:

Quote:
Originally Posted by most pertinent definition highlighted
ro·mance1 /n., adj. roʊˈmæns, ˈroʊmæns; v. roʊˈmæns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[n., adj. roh-mans, roh-mans; v. roh-mans] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -manced, -manc·ing, adjective
–noun
1. a novel or other prose narrative depicting heroic or marvelous deeds, pageantry, romantic exploits, etc., usually in a historical or imaginary setting.
2. the colorful world, life, or conditions depicted in such tales.
3. a medieval narrative, originally one in verse and in some Romance dialect, treating of heroic, fantastic, or supernatural events, often in the form of allegory.
4. a baseless, made-up story, usually full of exaggeration or fanciful invention.
5. a romantic spirit, sentiment, emotion, or desire.
6. romantic character or quality.
7. a romantic affair or experience; a love affair.
8. (initial capital letter) Also, Romanic. Also called Romance languages. the group of Italic Indo-European languages descended since a.d. 800 from Latin, as French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Provençal, Catalan, Rhaeto-Romanic, Sardinian, and Ladino. Abbreviation: Rom.
–verb (used without object)
9. to invent or relate romances; indulge in fanciful or extravagant stories or daydreams.
10. to think or talk romantically.
–verb (used with object)
11. Informal.
a. to court or woo romantically; treat with ardor or chivalrousness: He's currently romancing a very attractive widow.
b. to court the favor of or make overtures to; play up to: They need to romance the local business community if they expect to do business here.
–adjective
12. (initial capital letter) Also, Romanic. of, pertaining to, or noting Romance: a Romance language.
Romance stories require a key component which is a love affair or relationship between two or more characters. What you described is by definition a good romance story, with character and relation development. I say by definition because you can still end up with a bad story or anime even with a good amount of character and relational development. Makoto's love affair is shallow, yes, and there's not much development, yes, but it's still a love relationship and the story revolves around the characters' shallow and ill-advised relationships and decisions they make regarding them. You could say that Makoto finally coming to terms and returning to Kotonoha is a piece of development for him. Hell, there are real-life romantic relationships that are shallower than School Days' and people still say so and so are going out and such.

All this nitpickery really isn't necessary, but if you want to go there, I can follow.
Old 2007-09-27, 23:58   Link #277
zheny

i watched the censored ending, now i know they shows makoto's head in the beg in the uncensor ending
I MUST WATCH THE uncensor ENDING
can some one please show me links

Last edited by zheny; 2007-09-28 at 00:17.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:00   Link #278
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no common sense View Post
Why do people continue to defend the traitorous lying cum dumpster known as Sekai, she's just as selfish as Makoto. I was a bit surprised by the fact that I actually enjoyed Sekai's death even more than Makoto's. Makoto was representative of everything wrong with horny guys but Sekai was representative of everything wrong with slutty girls, even Otome never betrayed her friends. Sekai was the original instigator and enabler of the ugliness displayed throughout the anime (even Otome's actions only worked because Sekai made the situation possible) . Makoto was a monster but Sekai was the one who awakened, fed, and set loose that monster upon the world. Their deaths were oh so satisfying.
Why do people continue to think murder is acceptable?

As for Sekai, this no conclusive evidence one way or another. Without a visit to the doctor on screen or a home pregnancy test, one scenario is as possible and even as probable as the other.

Quote:
Kotonoha deflected that knife pretty fast. Did she take self defense classes
We both know she actually scouted her. When Sekai walked onto the roof with her hand in her pocket, Kotohana already knew which hand was concealing a weapon.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:05   Link #279
tetsuo69

after watching the last ep am i the only that believe makoto was victim,
i blame everything on sekai, she hooks up makoto with kotonoha and then seduce makoto and makes him a horny perv that later on cant control.
Good thing kotonoha killed her.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:09   Link #280
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by zheny View Post
after reading this:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...l-days-12-end/

I MUST WATCH THE uncensor ENDING
can some one please show me links
DO WANT!

Geeze! this is the best ending i've seen in a LONG time.

Sekai goes crazy and butchers makoto
then koto goes psycho again (or did she ever really become "sane" again in the first place) and goes ninjahacker on sekai
sekai was delusional in her pregnancy (however, maybe it just wasn't long enough of time to actually see anything?)
anyways. truly a Nice Boat ending ^^ (that was quite a dandy yacht katsura and makoto were on)

もいちど。。。
Closed Thread