AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 13 8.97%
Nino 24 16.55%
Miku 77 53.10%
Yotsuba 13 8.97%
Itsuki 17 11.72%
Other 1 0.69%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-02-14, 17:40   Link #1921
Wandering Soul

That was one bold declaration by Itsuki. I can honestly see this going either way. But more importantly, now she has a good reason to avoid getting a job and spend more one on one time with Fuutarou.
Old 2019-02-14, 17:53   Link #1922
Chosen_Hero

This makes no sense, how can Itsuki get the best grades out of all of the third years while Fuutarou becomes the #1 in the nation? Doesn't one need to get in the other's way for this to be achieved, since for Fuutarou to reach his goal he needs to be the best out of his entire year? This is a pretty stupid event due to the fact that from the get go there is a conflict of interest where both sides are aiming for a goal that trips up the other while trying to please the same person.
Old 2019-02-14, 20:08   Link #1923
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

The Official Shounen Magazine website has made Chapter 55 public for a week to celebrate Valentine's Day. I am so glad it was Miku's chapter back then.
Old 2019-02-14, 23:09   Link #1924
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
finally we're in Itsuki route

Uesugi would fail for sure to achieve top national rank
however, Itsuki would somehow achieve top highest rank among third grade students

Itsuki then revealed that she is Rena.. and the one that kissed Fuutarou

done...
finally we're in main heroine route
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 00:31   Link #1925
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
You guys are seriously gonna take what Itsuki said as the ultimate card? I am not very sure.

The end girl will be Miku, Yotsuba or Ichika.
Thanks to the crappy Masamune-Revenge manga, I have firmly accepted that power of the First Girl is truly devastating, and the chance for them to lose is around 5%, I guess.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 03:47   Link #1926
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by amasposu View Post
finally we're in main heroine route
Huh? Did we get Miku chapter I missed?
Old 2019-02-15, 04:43   Link #1927
EasyGo-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
You guys are seriously gonna take what Itsuki said as the ultimate card? I am not very sure.

The end girl will be Miku, Yotsuba or Ichika.
I'm just gonna be out with it and say my unpopular opinion here:

End girl will be either Yotsuba or Itsuki.

Ichika, Nino, and Miku are out cause we've been seeing everything about them, especially starting from how they only started falling in love with Fuutarou after meeting the current him instead of from the get-go, when they were the Kyoto Girl. (I know Negi couldn't show this because of obvious reason, but that's all the more reason in a story like this)

Negi is just playing with the readers and giving false hope to detract them from Yotsuba and Itsuki. Explains why he's been giving most attentions to the three girls while avoiding from going deep into the romantic insights of the other two. That's gonna be saved for the later parts of the story after all.

Also, stop saying things like we're too late in the game as if we actually know how long this will go on. We're talking about the guy who made Nino, who is arguably the worst quint, even more so than Itsuki, among many readers into instant top 3 quints (top 2 or the top, even) in a matter of a few chapters, so that's not beyond him at this point despite what you all are saying.

Last edited by EasyGo-er; 2019-02-15 at 04:53.
EasyGo-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 04:57   Link #1928
Tenzen12

You could argue Itsuki has chance because MUH first girl (which is pretty much only argument you can do about her), but Yotsuba doesn't have even that much. She missed her window to get involvced and now she is doomed forever (and she knows it).

Edit: I like Yotsuba, mind you and I would love if she had chance, but there is nothing that can be done about this.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2019-02-15 at 05:20.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 05:29   Link #1929
EasyGo-er

Not saying I'm right but I've already said what I wanted to say. I'll believe what I've seen of the numerous times Negi threw a curve ball to whatever theory/reasoning the readers' had before (been following this from the first few chapters) and won't dismiss anything Negi has thrown us quite easily, especially at this point where it doesnt seem like he's ready to wrap it up yet.

Last edited by EasyGo-er; 2019-02-15 at 05:40.
EasyGo-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 05:41   Link #1930
Tenzen12

But he already said he is, though?
Old 2019-02-15, 05:52   Link #1931
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGo-er View Post
Not saying I'm right but I've already said what I wanted to say. I'll believe what I've seen of the numerous times Negi threw a curve ball to whatever theory/reasoning the readers' had before (been following this from the first few chapters) and won't dismiss anything Negi has thrown us quite easily, especially at this point where it doesnt seem like he's ready to wrap it up yet.
Actually Negi himself said that we are past the halfway point and the story might be concluded this year, that's why we are assuming there could be about 50 chapters left. It could be a bit longer, bit he made clear he doesn't intend to drag the story more than necessary.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 06:31   Link #1932
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGo-er View Post
Also, stop saying things like we're too late in the game as if we actually know how long this will go on. We're talking about the guy who made Nino, who is arguably the worst quint, even more so than Itsuki, among many readers into instant top 3 quints (top 2 or the top, even) in a matter of a few chapters, so that's not beyond him at this point despite what you all are saying.
A volume consists of 9 chapters, and Negi so far followed a pattern.
Volume 1: Group --> Volume 2: Ichika --> Volume 3: Nino --> Volume 4: Miku --> Volume 5: Yotsuba --> Volume 6: Itsuki
RESET
Volume 7: Bride Ichika --> Volume 8: Bride Nino --> Volume 9: Bride Miku (Chapters 69-77) --> Bride Yotsuba (Chapters 78-86) --> Bride Itsuki (Chapters 87-95)
So after the bride covers, one bride group cover could be left for the last one, ending the manga around Chapter 102-104. It could be more of course (Future bride, Rena, Kyoto girl), but that would kill the pattern, and if Negi talked about the possibility of ending it this year, there won't be another reset. So at maximum, you can expect around 120 chapters, while at minimum just above 100.

Now then, the few chapters you talk about in Nino's case are a big chunk of 20+ chapters from Chapter 39-60. Seven Goodbyes could have been easily a 3-way development of Nino-Yotsuba-Itsuki, but ultimately it was the Nino show with the classic trope of the tsun tsun going finally dere dere, which everyone should have seen coming when started the manga.

With limited amount of chapters being left, do you seriously expect Itsuki to get that much attention now? It's not like she can't, but at what cost?
Negi already dragged out Ichika's issue, and we are still yet to see what she is truly capable of. Miku's issue is still not solved, but postoponed, not to mention by not giving her attention, Negi would betray the route she set up with her, so it's the ultimate sign of losing. Only Nino is the one, who should feel safe at the moment with her advantage. So you have the three elder sisters that probably only needs more push to succeed, while Yotsuba and Itsuki are on neutral ground and need a lot of work. That's why it's almost granted that Rena/the Kyoto girl will be one of them, but that should not be enough for them to just win this, but at least they will get some sort of happy closure with the reunion.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 07:06   Link #1933
SilverGlavenus

Nisekoi childhood shenanigans intensifies
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 06:38   Link #1934
Zestia

At this point i am inclined to believe that whichever quint with the most development along with the mc will highly end up being the bride...

Last edited by Zestia; 2019-02-16 at 09:00.
Zestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 15:28   Link #1935
WingedAccelerator

Sales of the manga after Episode 5 of the anime:
- Volume 7 had its 8th week in Top 50, currently at 219k. Since Volume 8 is out now, I think this may be the last week of Volume 7 on the list (Unless it's reranks of course). Still, it did a miraculous job staying in Top 50 for so long that the latest volume can take its place.
- No other visible reranks.
Old 2019-02-18, 02:25   Link #1936
WingedAccelerator

Disappointment.
Spoiler for Chapter 74:
Old 2019-02-18, 02:46   Link #1937
wuhugm
Maid Tiger

^That's dirty as poop
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote