AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-02-03, 02:29   Link #101
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

From Suema's perspective of course since she referenced Jin...and Jin is de facto Minahoshi's man here
Old 2019-02-03, 02:30   Link #102
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
From Suema's perspective of course since she referenced Jin...and Jin is de facto Minahoshi's man here
Suiko is using Jin but they don't have the same goals. Suiko is a much more complex character.
Old 2019-02-03, 02:43   Link #103
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

True, but he wouldn't even be like this if not for her instigation though. Ergo, Spooky's control of Camille is akin to Minahoshi's influence over Jin's actions
Old 2019-02-03, 02:53   Link #104
Kazu-kun

Quote:
True, but he wouldn't even be like this if not for her instigation though. Ergo, Spooky's control of Camille is akin to Minahoshi's influence over Jin's actions
Not really. Suiko only showed Jin a possibility that was already part of him. She didn't brainwash him or alter him in any way. The decision of doing this was fully his own.
Jin and Spooky E are somewhat similar since they're both controlling others. But Suiko doesn't do that shit. Her game is more about showing you what you're capable of (your possibility) and seeing what you do with it.
Old 2019-02-03, 12:28   Link #105
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Still a bit inaccurate to say she has no hold over those she takes in though, even if hers is a more subtle approach. She does push them down one possibility over others after all. Jin could have chose to use his ability in a different manner for sure....but the manner he was prompted to use it certainly favored him becoming more drastic
Old 2019-02-03, 13:27   Link #106
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Still a bit inaccurate to say she has no hold over those she takes in though
It's the true though. She just showed him what he can do. But the choice was up to him.

Quote:
She does push them down one possibility over others after all. Jin could have chose to use his ability in a different manner for sure....but the manner he was prompted to use it certainly favored him becoming more drastic
Jin was already getting frustrated even before Suiko showed up. He would have ended up doing the same thing. At most, Suiko's intervention accelerated the process. But even then, she didn't really do anything but show him the truth. What to do with it was always up to him.

And I'll say it again. Suiko is not interested in Jin's goals. Jin is pulling people under his control in order to fix the flaws in their hearts. Suiko doesn't give a fuck about this. She just wants to see whether Jin successes or not. Her game is not about control. It's about the future and the possibilities that lie in it.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-02-03 at 13:41.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-03, 16:29   Link #107
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Yes and no.
Minahoshi does not control people. But she'll make people make choices.

This is the most important aspect about Minahoshi. She'll push people to make decision on their own.
Jin was not making any choices before Minahoshi intervenes.
He is just kept lamenting over the same thing and walking in circles. Minahoshi just display the harsh reality in front of him to push him into decision making.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-08, 15:17   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another episode focused on Aya/Camille. It turns out she's a synthetic human and the reason she slept with so many men was to find out if she could breed with ordinary humans.

Spooky E is also a synthetic human. There's also more to his powers than I thought. He can basically clone his mind and take over the body of another person, in this case poor Kotoe. Not sure whether it's permanent or not but I guess Jin can probably save her.

No Boogiepop this week, but we got fake Boogiepop. Masaki is playing right into Spooky E's hand by choosing to continue to pretend to be him. I hope Aya or Nagi will stop him before it's too late.

Still no other appearance by Imaginator.
Old 2019-02-09, 00:17   Link #109
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So, Spooky wants to deal with Boogiepop by killing a fake and "exposing" him as a depressed guy? Whut. How does that solve anything and would Touwa Organization even buy it?

Also, confirmation that Spooky is smooth down there
Old 2019-02-15, 06:11   Link #110
Ghostfriendly

Watching ep 5, I'm curious why Spooky didn't brainwash Masaki as he did Anou. He wanted to get away quickly after a fight in broad daylight? Brainwashing would make Masaki incapable of having sex with Aya, which he wants for some reason, or pretending to be Boogiepop?

The 'versus imaginator' quote really lined up the thematic ducks of individual desire vs conformity and bumped up this series from a 6 to a 7 for me. Though I'm sure it would have already been a seven if I had watched the original series properly back then; I found 1 mid-series DVD in a sale or something, which didn't work well with the non-linear story. Aren't you glad you have streaming nowadays?

Agree with Kazu-kun about Jin acting from his own will, though have we seen everything yet that pushed him into these choices?

Quote:
So, Spooky wants to deal with Boogiepop by killing a fake and "exposing" him as a depressed guy? Whut. How does that solve anything and would Touwa Organization even buy it?
Does Boogiepop's strength have anything to with the power of belief? If people get the idea that Boogiepop is just a human chuni, they'll stop repeating the urban myth of a supernatural reaper, and the 'real' Boogiepop might be weakened or destroyed. Similar to the recent ep of Mob Psycho 100.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 06:30   Link #111
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Does Boogiepop's strength have anything to with the power of belief? If people get the idea that Boogiepop is just a human chuni, they'll stop repeating the urban myth of a supernatural reaper, and the 'real' Boogiepop might be weakened or destroyed. Similar to the recent ep of Mob Psycho 100.
The urban legend says that Boogiepop is a beautiful boy Shinagami that kills pretty girls when they are at the peak of their beauty. It has nothing to do with the actual Boogiepop.
Old 2019-02-15, 06:57   Link #112
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The urban legend says that Boogiepop is a beautiful boy Shinagami that kills pretty girls when they are at the peak of their beauty. It has nothing to do with the actual Boogiepop.
It was just a theory as to how Boogiepop might be materially weakened by discrediting them. In stories like Discworld that use the 'power of belief' idea, what people believe about a god does shape them, but how strongly they believe has a greater effect. But Boogiepop might very well not run off the power of belief at all, it was just an idea.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 17:34   Link #113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

How little I understand what's going on makes it hard for me to care about it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 17:44   Link #114
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How little I understand what's going on makes it hard for me to care about it.
Everything is pretty straight forward actually. This episode in particular basically spelled out everyone's motivations and goals. What is it you don't understand?
Old 2019-02-16, 19:28   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Only thing I didn't get is how exactly Jin is planning to spread Aya's "seed" to the population of the entire world. How does that work?

The episode had some short but pretty sweet actions scenes. I don't know who's been training Masaki and Nagi, but damn

For an arc called Boogiepop vs Imaginator, we're seeing very little of both characters. At least Imaginator finally appeared again in this ep, for like 30 seconds.
Old 2019-02-16, 21:36   Link #116
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
For an arc called Boogiepop vs Imaginator, we're seeing very little of both characters. At least Imaginator finally appeared again in this ep, for like 30 seconds.
When it comes to Boogiepop, it's all about the climax. And in that note, Spooky E made sure to let Jin know Boogiepop is coming for him.
Old 2019-02-16, 21:51   Link #117
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Understanding what's going on hasn't been an issue for me. The one thing irking me is for a title that seems to have Boogiepop/Touya and Nagi as central characters, they rarely appear. Episode 8 is probably the most that has been seen of Nagi in the last 5 episodes yet it is so fleeting. Boogiepop/Touya flicker in and out. I get the Imaginator arc clearly needs Jin to appear a lot. Content/story wise, I have no issue with this title. But getting invested into the characters is hard when Jin is the only one with regular screentime and you get the feeling other characters with more screentime in recent episodes will be out of the picture soon.
Old 2019-02-16, 23:12   Link #118
Kazu-kun

Nagi will get more focus in the next arc, and Boogiepop will get the focus in the final arc.
Old 2019-02-16, 23:43   Link #119
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Nagi will get more focus in the next arc, and Boogiepop will get the focus in the final arc.
Well that's a relief. But also a test of patience. Good thing the story itself is compensating enough for me.
Old 2019-02-17, 00:00   Link #120
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post

Boogiepop seems more to be an immune response by the world than anything else

Tags
horror, remake