AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-17, 09:56   Link #10461
Ickarium

You seem to be equating 'competition' as contrary to pacifism. This isn't the case. Also, I'm not sure what 'using tricks' has to do with pacifism or not pacifism. Suffice it to say, he follows the non-aggressive school of pacifism to the letter, thus he is not hypocritical in this area. Look up what non-aggression is.

Note: I'm not going to say he's not a bit hypocritical in /other/ areas. But people tend to be way too binary and ignore any sort of nuance in pacifism, and this is one of my goats as like any real life belief system, it's a lot more complex than 'Violence bad!'
Old 2014-09-17, 10:06   Link #10462
lived_1714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
You seem to be equating 'competition' as contrary to pacifism. This isn't the case. Also, I'm not sure what 'using tricks' has to do with pacifism or not pacifism. Suffice it to say, he follows the non-aggressive school of pacifism to the letter, thus he is not hypocritical in this area. Look up what non-aggression is.

Note: I'm not going to say he's not a bit hypocritical in /other/ areas. But people tend to be way too binary and ignore any sort of nuance in pacifism, and this is one of my goats as like any real life belief system, it's a lot more complex than 'Violence bad!'
What I'm talking about is not his statement on pacifism, but how he acted and how he talked. Every time when it requires him to kiss the girls to get knowledge for his [Sword], he always speaks as if it's not romantic and has nothing to do with his love life, but when the kiss comes he enjoys it like any hot-blood male, makes you wonder if kiss is enough then why in every kissing scenes of his there's always "Nipping on earlobes" and "Kissing on neck"? Since kiss is the only to transfer knowledge on Campione theses two actions above aren't necessary, but why Godou still did it?

Simply because he loves it, and he always wants it. And then after that he would just "I was caught in the middle of it!", "There's no helping it!". He always denies that he's not his grandfather, but really, what his grandfather had done? Being nice to the females and understandable to them, does Godou do the same? Yes, and he would even go far for it, like his little journey with Asuka while they were small, right, he could have done it alone, less money and trouble, but no. And when the Grey One took his memory and his relationship between Erica/Liliana became non-exist, what did he do? He thought that he should get along with them on the level of hanging out and eating together while clearly he could just ignore them all, like anyone would do.

Those are proof that Godou is a hypocrite.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 11:58   Link #10463
Ultragunner

well, if I were in his world and one of his friend (I'd try to refrain from punching him in the face ), I'd just want to say one thing: "Are you not interested in women? Don't give me crap about being too young and sh!t. If you swing that way, then it's fine. But if you're a healthy & young man, then it's not cool to deny that, bro"

I don't care if he's a hypocrite or not, it's just that no one has really talked to him upfront yet in a friendly manner, telling him that "Love and relationships are OK". I mean, come on, don't tell me ya guys weren't intersted in this kind of stuffs . And if he says stuffs like "they're just friends", then just reply "Did you know that many couples were originally friends? And it's NORMAL."

For instance, Erika's pushy attitude, always claimming that Godou is her lover, is just gonna put him in even more defensive mind set, the same could be said for Ena; for Lily, well, things just get awkward when she talks about being is knight and stuff ; Yuri is just shy and somewhat close-minded when it comes to love. The only one that actually has some sort of "normal" and "common" sense is Hikari, too bad she's just too young

The point I'm trying to make here is that everyone in Campione takes things way too seriously, and in the wrong direction they always try to condemn Godou in one way or another (which isn't neccessarily wrong), I know, I know that Godou is a hypocrite, but that'll just make him deny even more. it's just frustrating when you see people deal with it in the wrong manner,
Old 2014-09-17, 12:24   Link #10464
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I would hardly say Godou follows the school of non-aggresive pacifism to the letter.

He doesn't start the violence, but he often escalates it much further than it needs to go. Literally, the first thing we see him do as a Campione is destroy the Coliseum, so he could win what basically amounts to a sparring match with Erica. When he got to the point where that was the only way he could win, he should have given up, since it wasn't a life threating fight.

Godou does things like this and has the gall to criticize other people for being willing and reckless, that's what makes him a hypocrite.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 12:58   Link #10465
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I would hardly say Godou follows the school of non-aggresive pacifism to the letter.

He doesn't start the violence, but he often escalates it much further than it needs to go. Literally, the first thing we see him do as a Campione is destroy the Coliseum, so he could win what basically amounts to a sparring match with Erica. When he got to the point where that was the only way he could win, he should have given up, since it wasn't a life threating fight.

Godou does things like this and has the gall to criticize other people for being willing and reckless, that's what makes him a hypocrite.
Well, at least he admits it himself... I think.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 16:13   Link #10466
Spica

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Well, at least he admits it himself... I think.
He is self aware. Every time those things happen Godou was ashamed afterwards and regret it.
Most of the characters are self-aware in this series I think.
And most characters here tend to have some traits that contradicted the character they represented at first.

Quote:
Epimetheus means 'one who thought afterwards,' in other words, the fool who only regretted in hindsight after taking action first."
This fit Godou so much. And I think if author write more about other campiones we might see those "regretted in hindsight after taking action first" trait of others.

On the other hand, I really really wanted to see the others Campiones' beginning story.

Last edited by Spica; 2014-09-17 at 16:32.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 16:25   Link #10467
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
He is self aware. Every time those things happen Godou was ashamed afterwards and regret it.
And most characters here tend to have some traits that contradicted the character they represented at first.

This fit Godou so much. And I think if author write more about other campiones we might see those "regretted in hindsight after taking action first" trait of others.

On the other hand, I really really wanted to see the others beginning story.
Pretty much a requirement for campiones, assuming they even regret at all.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 19:29   Link #10468
lived_1714

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Doni, Aisha and Luo Hao regretting over something...
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 22:19   Link #10469
vlade

any news about next vol?
vlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 22:22   Link #10470
goblehook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived_1714 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Doni, Aisha and Luo Hao regretting over something...
Sure they do! Though Campiones have transcended human abilities, they have not lost their human nature. It is simply a matter of not brooding over it for too long,

say 1 sec? more or less...
goblehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 23:15   Link #10471
Miraluka
Banned

Luo Hao only regrets not being able to see Godou everyday.
Doni only regrets not being able to spare with Godou everyday.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 00:21   Link #10472
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post

On the other hand, I really really wanted to see the others Campiones' beginning story.
The author said in a afterword he wants to write more stories about when Voban and Lu Hao were just starting Godslaying Devil King so we might see it someday in the form of a short story volume like Trials of the Dvil Kings and Stirring of the Heroes were for the most part. For my part I want to know more about him, he cares little for other people but he doesn´t strike as plain old evil.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 01:10   Link #10473
zzhk
Summary Machine

While waiting for V17, please feel free to read and discuss the Campione profiles that the author released with Volume 3 of the manga.

Some of it offers new insight while other details are likely meant in jest and good fun by the author.

Do note that the naming and description of authorities are likely intended to be from the Witenagemot's perspective. (Cue debates on how many authorities Godou actually has.)
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 01:16   Link #10474
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
While waiting for V17, please feel free to read and discuss the Campione profiles that the author released with Volume 3 of the manga.

Some of it offers new insight while other details are likely meant in jest and good fun by the author.

Do note that the naming and description of authorities are likely intended to be from the Witenagemot's perspective. (Cue debates on how many authorities Godou actually has.)
My favorite part was Doni's personality traits.
  • an idiot, of course
  • but still quite crafty
  • yet ultimately an idiot
  • great wisdom resembles idiocy

It sounds like two writers arguing over whether he's just an idiot or not.
Old 2014-09-18, 02:25   Link #10475
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
  • an idiot, of course
  • but still quite crafty

Maybe it's more like Doni is a mutant life form that surpasses categories like idiot or genius, and he acts stupid because it's easier and more fun.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 04:09   Link #10476
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Maybe it's more like Doni is a mutant life form that surpasses categories like idiot or genius, and he acts stupid because it's easier and more fun.
He's undoubtedly an idiot in every sense of the word, but his instincts are as sharp as an animal's
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 04:12   Link #10477
Trung-t-rung

No body mentions this about Luo Hao ?

Ruler of the Martial Realm
lacking neither valor nor intelligence, peerless in the entire world
gets stronger the more dere
Onee-sama
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 04:18   Link #10478
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
  • an idiot, of course
  • but still quite crafty

Isn't the Wittengamot's profile written like wiki? I can't imagine anyone would side with Doni though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 04:27   Link #10479
Ultragunner

For Godou:

Quote:
Personality Traits
serious and sincere
caring about his friends, extremely chivalrous
unfortunately, a good-for-nothing
broadminded as to be tolerant of all types
Shouldn't there be "extreme luck with women" or "has a way of his own with the ladies"?
Old 2014-09-18, 04:27   Link #10480
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
No body mentions this about Luo Hao ?

Ruler of the Martial Realm
lacking neither valor nor intelligence, peerless in the entire world
gets stronger the more dere
Onee-sama
Question. What is dere.

That's all.

End.

Currently: Yuzuru.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem